2016 Model Car Nationals

wwwace

Hope you have that ford in a plastic bag Brett , airports don't like oil leaks . 😂😂 looking forward to catching up and hopefully we can have a few beers so I can help you with your miss guided blue addiction .

Cheers Pagey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you have that ford in a plastic bag Brett , airports don't like oil leaks . 😂😂 looking forward to catching up and hopefully we can have a few beers so I can help you with your miss guided blue addiction .

Only a few beers ? <_<

HI guys

Its early Sunday morning the results to the best of my memory

Friday

nsr

1st Brooksy

2nd Cam

3rd Simon

Group 5

1st Cam

2nd Brooksy.

3rd Simon

Group C

1st Cam

2nd Brooksy

3rd Simon

Saturday

LMP 1/32

1st Brooksy

2nd Cam

3rd Captain

Plafit Trans-am

1st Brooksy

2nd Simon

3rd Noel

MINI Z

1st John (local)

2nd Simon

3rd Cam

gt enduro

only 3

1st Noel and Brooksy

2nd Lucas ( tack owner ) and Joel

3rd Grant and Gerald

FLM enduro Pagey concourse

1st Sean and Peter

2nd Simon and Bret

3rd Kim and John

Captain

Hi Guys

Sundays Results for MCN

Slotworx V8s Concourse (French for Pagey) Pagey

1st Cam

2nd Noel

3rd Kim

Scale Auto GT Concourse (French for Pagey) Pagey

1st Cam

2nd Noel

3rd Simon

Plafit Can-am Concourse (French for Pagey) Pagey

1st Kim

2nd Simon

3rd Cam

I these are right but i could wrong

Captain

Hi all,

The official results are now within our gallery : https://picasaweb.google.com/100400793531523576905/MCN2016

We also uploaded over 520 photos from the event. Some are a bit out off sequence but they still give a good impression of the entire three days.

A final big thank you simply to everyone who was involved in this large event especially to those who made a long journey just to be part of it.

It is now full steam ahead for the next "big one" on the "big track" at Red Racer Hobbies with the 2016 Australian Plafit Championship just 9 weeks away.

See you all then.

Cheers

Werner

Hi Guys,

Thanks again Queensland for hosting this year's MCN, it was certainly a cracker weekend. There was a great mix of racing both in the 32 and 24 scales.

Big thanks to Lucas, Werner, and Garry plus everyone behind the scenes to bring it all together. Had a lot of laughs over the weekend and really had a ball.

Cheers,

Brooksy.

Brooksy

Bit slow in posting thanks due to tick venom and beer mix ! Thanks to all who participated in the event . Great to meet new people and see old faces again, even got a chance to speak some Mexican again after last years APC . Always great to see Greg and Brett from Vic, looking forward to a Mexican invasion along side the Blue army from Dapto,ready to take it to the banana boys up north at the APC.

Thanks to Red Racer, Lucas for a great venue and well run event .

Thanks to Werner and Gary for keeping us all in line, some of us need a big stick some times.

I promise I will get my stuff off the track faster next time Garry but you know how s#!t RedBulls are at pit stops .

Thanks to Cam for the for foresight and ability to make such a great class as Slotworx for us to enjoy . Also thanks to all the sponsors for their support not only of the event but slot cars in general .

Thanks to Noel for putting up with me and giving me a bed to stay. Even though you tried to poison me with a tick on my pillow, you are a great bloke. Had so many laughs and great memories from the weekend . You told me you have bad luck but it wasn't until I watched the MZ race that I really believed you . I'm convinced mate !

Already counting down for the next big thing, the APC at Red Racer again . Bringing some more of my home town boys to get the party going even more in August .

If you have never been to one of these race meetings you are missing out on a lot fun . It's not all serious cut throat racing. I am just a club racer too and had a great time.

For me it's about hanging out with like minded people from around the country who enjoy slot cars . See you all in August at the APC .

Cheers Pagey

Yep Pagey.. great weekend. Noel was an unlucky bastard, good thing that he and Brooksy were on the same team LOL.

I had a great time and finally got my slotcar mojo back after a few good placings. The best thing though was seeing newbies to the National scene win against the "Pro's". Jon Walters had a great drive to win the Mini Z' race, Sean Cochrane and local driver Peter Winkleman teamed up and won the FLM Enduro as did Simon Wakelin teaming up with local driver Brett O'Donovan for a 2nd placing in the same event. It shows everyone should have a go at these events. As you say the atmosphere was great and everyone comes away with a few more race tips and a lot more race experiance.

On a final note the generosity of the sponsors was really appreciated and all drivers loved the "numberplate" trophy's that Lucas from Red Racer supplied. Too bad I could'nt win a full set!

See you at the APC.

Kim

Edited by axman

Great see you participating in Plafit racing again Ax. Your drive in Can am's gave us all a lesson on how to race a slot car, well done.

Definitely great to see some new faces winning titles, nice to see. Highlight for me was seeing the V8's having the most participation with a 20 car field, thanks to everyone supporting the class. Other standouts for me were the FLM day/night race and the can am's, really enjoyed those 2 races.

Pagey has certainly elevated the quality of building a scale slot car winning all concours trophies, no one could have argued either...they were superb.

APC next, should be another great event with lots of laughs.

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Bummer Brett , thought you would have been able to sell the idea to home management, maybe if you liked Holdens she would love you more . Hopefully you will be at the next big event when ever that is , I'm sure your fellow Mexicans will fly the flag high . Never to late mate , throw those horrible blue shirts out .

Cheers Pagey

Guest jazzbell

Well done to all that placed this year and to Werner running 2016.

Before anyone asks, 2017 MCN is down in Melbourne at Mobile Raceways.

Regards Shane a

Peter has sold the flat black track so there'll be something new in the works.

If only he'd get rid of the king track something like the new Mid America track would be nice in it's place.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Peter is still looking for a buyer for the King track.The Flat Black track is going to a new commercial venture in Bendigo. There is also rumored to be a 4 lane track going in at Tralagon which is coming from South Australia

• 7 months later...