Chassis Wheelbase 1/32

Wobble

I used to have a link to a website that had more than a few chassis wheelbase's from various makes and models of 1/32 slot cars.

Somehow I've lost it and can't seem to find it anymore. Does anyone have it or has it passed its 'use by' date?

I have a few cars that aren't on their original chassis' or kits that have been slotified as I've used this site in the past.

Also, is it worth starting a similar thing here on Auslot or does it already exist?

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

nope, no luck here either and the name seems familiar. Pity 'cos I used it for a few builds eg Scaley Grand Torino wheelbase is the same as the SnapTite 55 Chev so that's what 1 got.

And the horrible Alpha chassis in the Flyslot Lola T70 has the same wheelbase as the Scaley Mitsi WRX so that changed too.

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Hi Phil, can I please get a copy too?

Yes the list is very old, Anders was on a private DL when he sent me the link, so thst would hsve probably have been even before this Forum started!

But with the three lists it is a good starting point for someone to update it.

I think some of the manufacturers web site list the wheelbase of the cars.

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi guys,

while we are in measuring mode, is there a list of motor diminsion for the various manufacturers? i think scaley, NSR shark and the slot it 21500 motors are all the mabushi style motor and identical in dimension. They should in theory.....be interchangable.

what about he ninco motors and NSR king motors? are they same size?

is anything the same size as the slot it flat 6?

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Hi guys,

while we are in measuring mode, is there a list of motor diminsion for the various manufacturers? i think scaley, NSR shark and the slot it 21500 motors are all the mabushi style motor and identical in dimension. They should in theory.....be interchangable.

what about he ninco motors and NSR king motors? are they same size?

is anything the same size as the slot it flat 6?

jp, although the Scaley, NSR Shark and Slot.It Mabuchi style motors are the same dimensions and should be interchangeable, in some cases they are hard to fit because of the shape of the casings. The Shark and Slot.It motors have squarer corners on the casings and in some cases interfere with the axle bushings in some sidewinder cars with out some modification to the bushes.

Not sure about Ninco and NSR King motors but I know a Ninco NC2 and SCX RK-42 are almost exactly the same dimensions as I put a NC2 in my Cuda with slight mods to the pod to allow for the wires. Maybe I could try a Flat 6 in the Cuda.

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

SCX "RK" motors are SCX's answer to the FK-180 motor.

They are the same dimensions, but from memory, the RK's tend to have a longer shaft.

Also you will need to make allowances for the power terminals (Side on SCX, and end on F-180).

Whilst the flat 6 will fit, it will be sitting ~1mm off of the bottom of the pod.

1mm off the bottom of the pod?......but if you grind out a little off the pod on both ends it could eventually sit flat? just wondering if that is possible with say, an NSR King pod.

Edited by jphanna

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

If you do go down that path, don't forget that you will also need to use offset gears...