Round 1 Shelmore Park Rally

kalbfellp

With all the Raids now here I thought I would give them a short shake down today.

Field_zps8akkywtn.jpg

What a great looking field,thanks to all the entrants.

The cars were given 6 laps only inn one direction just to get a feel for them and ensure no problems.

These are the times for each car.

The tracks was still a little slippery for the first cars,BUT it dies show that this is a great field this year.

Prologue_zpsx4snoehh.jpg

The track does have some "plugins" for the Raids so times for these will be slower than the other class's.

More soon.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sneaky start, just had some time while cleaning the track and checking the raids.

What a great bunch of cars.

After driving the cars I think it is going to be very interesting this year, some of the marginally slower cars are just so easy to drive.

Biggest shock was running The SCX test car, this is a credit to Shadow Rusty to get one of these do well setup.

Rosco,s short Pajero will be interesting to watch, ipstays off the scenery!

Mivesons Red Bull Tougrag is too nice to be in a Proxy.

Only one raid failed scrutineering, the kids tyres are under size! So new tyres today!

Hi Phil.

Thanks for the preview. Clearly my Bowler is not a world beater and it was not expected to be.

Look forward to tech details of all the cars - RAIDs in particular.

Looks like a great field.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Thanks for the good start Phil.

At least my RAID performed OK but put note re weight into memory banks for next year. One had to start somewhere.

Wondered if height affected performance as some of other cars appear much lower.

Will be interesting to see tech report when you can manage so I can see make-up of other cars.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Charles,

The Bowler is a quick car and I wasn't far off picking it.

Real difference was the rim diameter which is out of step with the rest of the Ninco Raid range. The Bowler has 18.2mm rims compared to the standard Ninco Raid rim which is about 16mm.

It'll be interesting to who is and isn't running 4WD. The Avant 4WD system in the Evo is superb compared to the NInco band(s) system IMHO.

Edited by miveson

Here is a little info on the cars and setup that I am sure will be of interest now and as more rounds are run.

Car%20info_zpsdxeewqcl.jpg

Please note that GAS41T car is the only one with a locked up drop arm and IMO is certainly caused some problems during Stage 1.

Stage 2 of the Raid was completed after some dramas with Gazza,s Gun ship requiring arebuild on the rear end,must be all that Ammo in the tray!

This stage was run in the opposite direction to stage 1,

The Avant Pajero cruised around and left the Ninco's in its dust.

The rest of the field was very close except for Craigs Tourag,that is suffering from grip on this track,But may be an advantage on some of the other tracks.

Stage%202_zpsg9hyvqo5.jpg

So as the dust cleared the Grandkids Pajero has creamed me and the rest of the field.

Mivesons Tourag is showing how easy it is to drive,considering it had a drive belt come off and slow the car for two laps in Stage 2.

Round1%20Results_zpss1b3bvhs.jpg

It has been very interesting to run Rustys SCX Tourag during this round for comparison, it is very well setup and shows that one of these can be setup to run well.

Pics will follow ASAP.

Edited by kalbfellp

Thanks Phil

Stage 2 of the Raid was completed after some dramas with Gazza,s Gun ship requiring a rebuild on the rear end,must be all that Ammo in the tray!

I fitted enough 50cal and M60 ammo for the series plus 10% that should be ok, I think the rocket launchers and grenades in the back may be the cause of the problems

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Thanks for completing the first round Phil, congratulations to the grandkids and yourself.

The Avant smashed the field on Stage 2 and to top it off a great result for Charles in the "I need side steps to get in" Bowler.

Hate the belt system on the Ninco - mind you I did feel that the dual band in the Touareg was the best configuration - I wish they did a toothed band.

Congrats on the podiumites...

ps. Damn that Avant... It seems SOOO much quicker than last year.

Glad Dyl had a better run in the reverse direction, and happy for both of us to finish mid field.

Hoping that both of our cars have the reliability to get through the season unscathed, as that will most likely be more important than a single quick run.

Hate the belt system on the Ninco - mind you I did feel that the dual band in the Touareg was the best configuration - I wish they did a toothed band.

Agreed, and I upgraded my BMW from single belt to dual belt.

I also swapped out the stock 'stretched' belt for a couple of slightly shorter belts.

I think that the slot-it 4wd system would be best in these...

Thanks for running the Round Phil, better results in the other direction. Re: the tyres being too large, during testing I tried some Fly truck urethenes and it went very well, they were quite a bit smaller in diameter, In hindsight I should have used them by the looks of things.

Hi Phil and all.

Great round. Congrats to the podiumites and organiser(s).

7th and 10th and I end up 5th overall. Obviously consistency counts. A big thanks Phil for replacing my first set of rear tyres after the first ones disintegrated before they left NZ.

Good second round there Aquakiwi. Have often noticed your cars often go much better in one direction than other (prior Oz Rallies). Has this got something to do with your preparation, set-up or track testing.

Regards Chas Le Breton