Andyjk

Andyjk's Track Build

For the longer grass try using a grassinator.

I made one out of an electric fly swat, works really well.

Google grassinator there is plenty of info out there, costs bugger all as well.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Sorry I've really got to keep track of my posts, didn't mean to repeat myself. It's shaping up really well good on you. Enjoying following this one

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Looks good.

The static grass in the longer lengths definitely is worth the effort.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hey guys, just having some issues with one of my hand controllers that I'm hoping you could help me out with. When driving any of my cars, you almost have to press the controller to full throttle to be able to be competitive at all with the car on the other lane. It is nowhere near as smooth as the other controller and the throttle response is poor. You can almost drive the whole track full throttle without deslotting. Have tried swapping the controllers over and tried with multiple cars. Just wondering if this is a common issue and what the problem might be? I have the standard Scalextric C8229 hand controller (black with blue/red triggers).

The basic controllers that come with most Scalextric sets do seem to play up after some use, especially if kids have been using them and holding them in a set position for some time.

You could try opening the dodgy controller up and putting a little WD40/Inox onto the resistor/sliding mechanism and see if it improves the performance.

I had a similar thing happen to the same controller but just put it in the fix it later bin and just grabbed another one I had spare.

I did eventually upgrade to a Professor Motor controller for the Scalextric/Ninco sets from Armchair Racer, money well spent in my opinion.

Unfortunately I upgraded to the Scalextric 6 Car advanced Power Base about 2 weeks later and the Professor Motor controller was incompatible with the new APB.

Try the fix firstly or look at getting another controller elsewhere, they can be found quite cheap or even free if you know the right people.

Nice work on the container and the rock work to it's coming along nicely.

cheers

Matt

Edited by mattcrackers

Thanks heaps for the info mate. I'm looking at getting the same 6 car digital power base in the not too distant future so I'll try some WD40 and see how we go. Thanks again mate

Sounds like an issue with the power going to the lane since you have tried switching controllers and cars and still having the same problem. Suggest you check for a loose connection between the power base and the track or if you are using separate power supplies to the lane, check the psu of the affected lane. A digital voltmeter would be handy to use in this instance to check the voltage of both lanes to see if they are equal. Take a closer look at the track rail connections and see if they fit together snugly or if any of the tabs are loose or corroded.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

I don't think it's a particular lane as when I change the controllers between lanes, it's always the same controller causing issues, not the lane, if you know what I mean? ie when I use the blue controller on either lane it is slower. When using the red controller on either lane it is normal

Edited by Andyjk

Yeah, OK, I got it. If it's just a controller issue, it's easier to fix, like Matt said, just get another controller or clean up the problem one. I think you probably need a new resistor or it could be that the button contact on the wiper arm is pitted and worn.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hey guys, been a while since I've been in here (life sort of got in the way). Long story short, my circumstances have changed and I unfortunately have to sell the track. Just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying it? Would not include any cars, just the track as is. (BTW, the track is working perfectly now).