Group 5 Race 7

drw21

Hi Guys , a slight change to the last 2 rounds .. it seems now that i will be running round 7 and Blenhiem will run round 8 , as far as i understand thats whats happening .. so just waiting for the cars to arrive from Nelson , then i can get round 7 sorted and run ....

Awesome can't wait

I want to see how wobbles mighty Ferrari 512 goes on its home track

Cheers

about 8.2secs or high 8.1's per lap with my finger on the trigger Dave. Others can possibly (or hopefully probably) get more out of it. I've never done a sub 8 with anything

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Ok Guys , this is how round 7 will shake down ... Qualifying will be this Thursday afternoon , and the round race will be run on the following friday night 20th November .. Then the cars will head back up to Nelson , where the Nelson crew will help the Blenhiem guys run the last round ...

Hi Guys , Qualifying for round 7 was run this afternoon , all went well .. This years field of cars all looked very neat and tidy , with some nice handling cars amoung them , so it was a pleasure to run theses cars ...... Will post results and a few photo's ... Round 7 race will be run on Friday 20th in the evening .

Screenshot_zpsbzb6bnk6.jpg

Edited by nitro0440

The first couple of photo's , are just general shots of the qualifying order , the next 3 closeups of groups of cars in qualifying order ....

10382d9c-32c2-447b-966e-7e6cd24e17f0_zpsaulyxtzv.jpg

New20Image2_zpshsb3sjjc.jpg

New%20Image5_zpsdfhauxxa.jpg

Qualifying order from top to bottom - 1-6

New%20Image4_zpsdd154s3x.jpg

Qualifying order top to bottom - 7 - 15

New%20Image3_zpse9tq1sqi.jpg

Qualifying order top to bottom - 16 - 24

Edited by nitro0440

Run em hard Wazza.

Good luck.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

good luck to everyone

would be nice to see Bram on the trigger for this one

and have fun guy's

I don't think so Dave. Everyone will want to see their cars do the most possible laps in the time.

I'm more than happy to put them back on the track for you guys if the drivers get a bit overzealous.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

It can be interesting to get a less 'pro' driver at the controller too though, as it will show up the cars which are easy to drive, compared to just fast...

good luck to everyone

would be nice to see Bram on the trigger for this one

and have fun guy's

I don't think so Dave. Everyone will want to see their cars do the most possible laps in the time.

I'm more than happy to put them back on the track for you guys if the drivers get a bit overzealous.

I do believe you manage to win races on club nights so I am sure you are more than up to the task

and as S-R said

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Just remember Guys, we all want our cars back in good order and they still have another round to run so DON'T run them too hard.

Drive them "nicely" so that there is less chance of any damage (as per the spirit of the series) that is if you want guys to continue to entrer NZ Proxies.

Just saying - Dave.

It turns out that blue lane was driven quite "nicely" tonight as yours truly was on the trigger filling in for a key driver that couldn't make it.

Unfortunately this means that all of you will be down a bit on distance travelled in the 3mins on blue lane but what a neat bunch of cars to drive except for the blue and white 512 BB which was a pig.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Ok guys , round 7 has been done and dusted , it was a long night , but we got it done in the end .... Big thanks to the drivers and marshals ... Drivers were - Kerry / Yellow - Wazza / Red and Bram / Blue ... Big thank you to Bram who stepped in at the last minute as a driver , first time drive in a proxy .. bram did himself proud with good runs in the heat racing .. As you will see in the results , we all had our off heats , but generally the racing was close and fast ...Compared to last year i think there was only 4 laps difference from 1 - 20 this year , the cars this year were certainly easier to drive and drive constantly , so well done to all the car builders . We all had great fun driving this years field of cars ....

Group%205%20proxy_zpsswosyczu.jpg

Woah, didn't expect that finish.

Thanks Guys for Round 7, it sounds like ya'll had fun.

As usual some very close racing.

I'll work on updating the points and will post them asap.

Cheers Guys - Dave.

Dave your car was just nice and constant so was easy to drive , which we all managed to do in the 3 heats ... and that goes along way to winning . so well done on a wonderful car .

Thanks guys

Another great round,

my B class car is right on your tail Branco

Wobble awesome car you have there well done

For B class 👍

Dave (DRW) yours is a rocket ship I still have a lot to learn, To be 2nd out right with a B class car my hats off to you sir !!

Congrats to the podiumites

And all involved

Rossko