Feeling Annoyed

munter

I have over two thousand posts on Auslot and have been a member for number of years but for me to sell anything my ad has to be approved by a moderator???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

....so this has left me feeling slightly miffed.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Why? You're in exactly the same boat as everyone else. Besides, any changes are up to the Boss boys, not me.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

If I had something for sale I would leave it unapproved and let one of the other mods give it the nod.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Why?.......coz it feels belittling.

I can understand there being restrictions on a member while they are in their early stage of membership but having it on long term members is sort of insulting.

I would like the big boys to explain....maybe a super super moderator.....I'm still feeling annoyed.

John Warren

Don't know when you'll be able to expect an answer, John. I do believe that Vinno just landed in Hawaii. Not sure when I last saw Bo online. Timing is always fun, isn't it? I don't know that anyone has ever taken umbrage with the situation before.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Well... no because we work very hard to make sure it is not. However, there have been more than the odd occasion on whick people have not stuck to the rules of posting a for sale item and have required reminding of the rules.I

It ain't all beer and skittles y'know.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

so when that happens the mods should sort it but does it happen so often that everyone has to be monitored and posts vetted?

I see on SCI the buying and selling has gone to Panjo to eliminate problems from shysters and ripoff types.

John Warren

I don't know, I don't see all of it.

SCI is hardly a fair comparison. I've more than a sneaking suspicion the owner there makes more than a little money out of the forum. Whereas Auslot is NFP. I'm sure Vin and Jacob could probably be convinced to go down the SCI lines, but there goes the laid back and friendly forum that everyone so enjoys. Panjo probably take fees for every transaction that goes through it, and I would guarantee that the SCI administrators are not the ones paying them.

Of course another option would be taking the SFI route and only let paying members post for sale items. That is how they have got around determining who can post readily approved for sale items and who can't. Would that be preferable?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

What would be preferable is that I (and others) could post items for sale without the approval process by a mod.

The approval tab showing up when I placed my ad negated the friendly, laid back approach for me.

Now I want to thank you Lynne for your feedback and input. I do appreciate it.

I would also appreciate any one else with an opinion chiming in.

John Warren

Yeah well. I've tried explaining the hows and why-fors. You can now count me on today's grumpy list.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg