1/32 Slotworx Aussie V8's

Camber

I've been developing this kit for a few months now and it is getting closer to completion. Based off the Slotit HRS sidewinder chassis, it will have a brass adaptor screw and glued to the chassis rails which will mount an aluminium H plate and flat mounts for easy body installation. Body rock can tuned with spacers and the body is easily remove and replaced by turning 4 screws half a turn and sliding off.

I find painting lexan cars much easier than doing a repaint on a hard body…. no spray cans or clear coats needed, no paint runs and you wont fry the decals. The car pictured was painted with artist acrylic paint using a paint brush. The weight and durability of lexan cars is also hard to beat, they can take a pounding and still look good months later. If paint chips off around the front end just touch it up with a paint brush and the lexan wing is really tough and flexible. Two body types will be available, the other with a bonnet scoop.

20151018_101108.jpg

20151018_101154.jpg

20151018_101340.jpg

Body is about 3mm wider than the scaley version which really makes it look less tall and skinny while helping the performance. Kit will be supplied with lexan body, interior, rear wing, window masks, black highlight decals for the interior and rear wing side profiles.

20151018_103420.jpg

I am on my third chassis adaptor revision, so far the performance has exceeded my expectations, they are fabulous to drive and easy to setup. Great thing with these cars, like the 1/24 V8’s, is the dimensions are fixed and the racing will be really close. Having quality slotit components is a real bonus.

Would be great to get some feedback on these cars so I can get a rough idea of how many to produce, I am hoping to have the chassis adaptors and body kit available for around the $50 mark (not including the Slotit HRS sidewinder chassis and livery decals).

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Hi Cam.

These cars look great but I would certainly be keen to see what total price might be as RTR if you intend doing same (as I think you do in 1/24).

We have a lot of fun with our modified Scaly versions locally using mainly original parts except rear tyres.

Would be great too to see Volvo, Nissan, Mercedes etc produced but this be asking too much.

Keep up the good work.

Regards Chas Le Breton

These look awesome. I would be interested in 4 complete cars, painted and assembled....or 4 painted (liveried) kits if there is a chance you might offer that option.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

HRS chassis - $50 is about the best you will find one for (I assume it uses the wheels that come with the chassis)

Body and chassis mounting kit - $50

Decals around $14

add a bit for postage all round and you are looking at under $140 for a car that should go quite nicely

assembly not included

:)

The painting of these cars is not hard ! Reverse peel n stick from Patto . You cut the sticker out and put on the inside . If you are capable of putting a stamp on a envelope you can do it ? Paint is done over the stickers with artist water paint with a paint brush. I recon you could even finger paint it and it still look good . They are great fun and you have done it your self . Any one can buy a car, have a go ! You might just surprise your self .

Cheers Pagey

I agree with Glen,painting lexan bodies is not that difficult,you can either paint them by hand or airbrush and with the reverse decals from Pattos they come up a treat.I prefer using Parma's Faskolor paint as it is made for lexan bodies and does not crack or flake off after a hard wall shot.

I have done a Plafit version, they perform very nicely on a standard 3300 chassis and look the part with the larger wheels and more accurate wheel inserts. I can supply a limited number of these kits now if interested.

The question of me doing RTR kits....I won't be doing them. They really aren't hard to build and as a customer you will get more satisfaction out of building one yourself.

20151020_211529.jpg

20151020_211613.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hoo Roo

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm pretty new to this but the cars are definitely very cool. A couple of questions;

There are two chassis, one plastic and one metal, does it make a difference which one you use?

Is there a group using these in Sydney as it would be great to check them out.

How do I go about buying the parts I need to start?

Ric

Edited by Ricardo40