International Proxy Series 2016 Registration Thread

alexis in greece

Today I teched the cars that have arrived:

68-23-266-104-17-7-58-36,all found legal except #68:has an issue with ground clearance,the screw heads sit extremely low,one of them clears the ground less than .5 mm.I will try to get tapered screws and replace them hoping that problem will be fixed this way.Car #23 has an , non legality , issue,the front wheels rub the body and I am afraid it will have problems running.I am awaiting for instructions ,my suggestion is to turn down both wheels but for both cars I need your permission.

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

My apologise Alexis, I was of the understanding that gears, guide & body screws were exempt from ground clearance and that is was only Car Chassis and Body as per Item II. Chassis Point 5 of the rules.

Is this fixable as I widened the chassis slot to allow float, I am not sure a countersunk screw will hold it all together.

Clearence rule:"5)Underside of car chassis and body must clear track road surface (not rails), on level track, by 1.5 mm minimum prior to the running of the first race. Gears may be lower, but cars may be excluded from racing if gears contact the track or rails, and track owner judges them a hazard to track or rails.."

It is specific about gears only,i am not that strict about screw heads but one of your screws has less than .5mm clearence and the rest are whithin .5-1.

Misinterpretation on my part, is this an easy fix, like tightening the screw a bit, seems strange that one is so much lower than the others, I did straighten the chassis so there shouldn't be a twist in it.

Would hate to forfeit due to one screw.

Entry list post #1 updated

Car #68 ground clearence issue fixed by replacing original screws with m2 countersunk screws(i had to drill the holes a tad wider) so it will be hit witha 5% penalty only for the 1st race

Car#24 is huge (Mitch please inform me of the body make-is it a Racer?- so that i include it to the next edition of the rules as a body to avoid) ,~59 mm wide , over the 57 mm limit,i would pass it if this was the only isssue,but what is worse ,tire shoulder to tire shoulder size is allmost the same, way over the 55mm limit and cannot be reduced at the front as the rims touch the chassis so this car will be hit with a 5% penalty for every race

Edited by alexis in greece

Shakedown 2 at Chaitas Racing Garden:

25886748111_6cbb862619.jpg

Cars #24 and #6 could not clock a time as the guides (which i had not noticed before) are exactly these to avoid and got stuck in one of the 180deg r1 corners.Request permission to resize them.

My statement about betting my money on car #111 still stands

• 2 weeks later...

2 more arrivals #12 and #13,entry list post #1 updated.I have received info about 2 cars posted (26,4) 1 of them is in the post and i will collect it tomorrow.I have no info regarding cars 66(aquakiwi) and 59 (snurfen).Cars were due on March 20 according to the rules and:

"must arrive to the race central before tech ,on March 20 2016.The first 2 local rounds will be held end of March -begining of April 2016,there will be no penalty for late arrivals but they might miss one or both rounds."

Since 6 cars were late i decided to delay 1st round but i cannot delay any more without compromising the whole schedule,we are racing Sunday,cars not present will score 0 points.Furthermore i am trying to group a team for racing Saturday,if i do we will race saturday too