What Are You Running This Year

miveson

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but were they the 911sc, or the 934?

The 934's guards are ~1mm wider on each side, and the rims are ~0.5mm wider too...

OK then, so does that mean that the 934 is not allowed?

ps. they share the same shell / chassis bar the rear rims and the extended flares...

Edit:

It appears that slotwings believe that there was a 934 rally...

http://www.topslotsntrains.com/topslotsntrains/final.asp?ref=Slotwings-W044-04-Limited-Edition-PORSCHE-934-RALLY-SPAIN-MADRID-2013-CARLOS-SAINZ-&id=13134&manufacturer='Slotwings%20Slot%20Models'

Oops... Looks like slotwings got it wrong... Carlos ran a 911sc with flared body work in the 2013 classic rally class.

Edit 2:

It appears that "934" was a specific model of 911 built to Group 4 rules...

It also appears that several of the 911sc rally cars ran with no flares (stock bodywork), and some ran with flares (same bodywork as the 934)

911 rally with flared bodywork...

1980+PORSCHE+911SC+ZANINI+YPRES1375140072.jpg

This query is for Mitchell, and his 934 does have a lemans livery, and we typically don't allow it in classic rally here, although, it has been run a few times...

He will need to add a proper co-pilot though, as when run here, it had a lego figure as the co pilot...

If it's not legal, that is totally fine, and he will then run a SCX Fiat 124 instead...

Edited by shadow_rusty

Last years Round 1 pics:

http://www.auslot.co...ex/page__st__20

The 934 usually has a different rear spoiler to the 911SC.

Only the Fly 911 Monte Carlo version has the bigger spoiler,not sure what year.

The 934 is not a Rally car.

Edited by kalbfellp

Thanks Phil.

Body is the same as the 911, but as you say, the wing is different.

Fiat 124 it is.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Boy oh boy is that Toureg sitting low...

Looks like I'll have my work cut out trying to beat it...

The Toerag looks like it's the one that was used in the commercial and the advertising company has left it filled with concrete to make it look less like an off-roader.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Wow what a challenge...

I helped Corey with his SCX Fiat 124.

We got it running fairly well, and then I remembered that lead is not allowed under the car...

So, we removed ~12g lead from the side steps (Similar arrangement to the Ninco raid trucks, and the best place ever to put lead on these babies...), and then set about trying to fit it inside the body...

Got a scx magnet holder, dremeled the guts out of it, and filled it with lead, and spent about 2 hours cutting, trimming, fitting, gluing lead in...

As this car had been run a fair bit in it's life, I thought I should check it's tyre size... Hmmm, 19.1mm...

Whilst that was legal, I couldn't re-true them as it would make them too small... So, I then set about changing the rear tyres...

Fitting SCX rally tyres, and they are now a much healtier 19.7mm, but they are rubbing on the guards very badly...

Fitted a spacer to the rear, and there's just enough clearance.

So, we finally got it running well again, and then, in typical SCX style, the whells were well outside the body... ~3mm each side at the rear, and ~2mm each side at the front...

So back to the rules, and sure enough, wheels must be inside the body...

About 17 trims to the axles later, the rims are hard up against the chassis, and whilst the tread is under the guards, the buldge of the sidewall may not be...

Anyway, just to add to my frustrations, the motor then decides it wants some attentions and the car slowed slightly (about 0.1-0.2 secs a lap)...

Took it off, and the motor was stinking hot... So it was time for another motor...

Tested a few different cars with RX-41's in them, and managed to find a nice one in my Honda Accord...

I noticed that it had a 10t pinion instead of the usual 11 that I run on these 'A' spec motors...

Swapped it into the Fiat anyway, and wow... It's now about 0.6 secs a lap quicker...

GNAAA, whilst I love SCX cars, they can be just so damn frustrating to build up for proxies....

Anyway, long story short, now I just need to glue and true his rear tyres, and it should be all done...

The kicker is that Mitchell is loving the fact that Corey and I went through all of this, and he can now learn off of it when it comes time for him to set up his 124...

Ah, the mighty ProTruck... More than happy to share my findings...

Also, this seems to work for the BMW too...

Step 1.

Remove all springs / shocks / extra bushings

Step 2.

Glue a spacer between the front bushings aka old school scaley f1 style.

Step 3.

Fit a spacer between the crown and the bushing as the grove in the gear is not very precise for centering.

Step 4.

Glue 40 shore urethane tyres to the rear rims.

Step 5.

Put a small ammount of superglue on the outside sidewall.

Step 6.

Make sure they are trued to PERFECTION.

Step 7.

Glue the front axle in the uppermost position (in relation to the chassis, not the track).

Step 8.

Glue the rear axle in the lowest position (in relation to the chassis, not the track).

Step 9.

Enjoy...

Edited by shadow_rusty

Hi Shadow_rusty.

Sound like I have done the opposite all round. Have left mine fairly standard except for weight. Think mine is also about 55mm high so only smaller tyres have contributed to a slight decrease in height.

Reconciled to coming last I think (somebody has to) but time will tell.

Regards Chas Le Breton

It's weird, but the axle mounts are not even front to rear.

My setup puts the axles level.

That said, my setup isn't likely to be perfect on every track, so who knows what the final board will show.

Hi Aquakiwi.

Sounds like we may be having a Bowler competition at the rear of the field. I too considered staying with the original Ninco tyres but thought i should use urethanes Phil kindly provided as part of last years prize.

Did you add weight? Mine ended up at 120gms.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hmmm, 5x Raid truck running fairly well...

Now which ones to send...

2015%20OzRally%20Raid%20Trucks.JPG