Sign in to follow this  
Springbok Racer

Oapr Lmp Body Homologation Discussion For September 15

Hi guys,

In line with our agreed quarterly procedure of making ammendments to our rules the only suggestion at this time is to homologate a new body kit for inclusion to our allowed body list.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone was going to introduce a Porsche 919 - this new entry in the LMP1 class has a strong Aussie connection and many of us identify closely with it.

Such a body has now been developed and the developer (Ian Mugford) is asked to contribute here with all the details. Please have a good look and let us have your input. Your attention to the scale detail, body dimensions and scale representation of the 1:1 car is of great importance.

porsche_919_hybrid_le_mans_2014.jpg

If a clear majority agree for the body to be included, it will be added to the homologated body list at the end of September.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

11267855_10153174505066492_786657189427029665_n.jpg?oh=58152671cc6b0b8bf6c2bea8a291f145&oe=5669327E&__gda__=1450190846_28629c60681db2b80471f0a7ef18b9b7

Morning All, thanks Jan for the chance to get my 2014 Porsche 919 included in our OAPR class.

When i get home i'll put more photos up and some measurements and answer any questions that are asked

Hi Jan,

is there a chance to get some photos showing the detail a little better? At a distance it looks fine but, before I give a thumbs up, I'd like to see a little more (sorry!). All of the current bodies show extremely good detail and we need to see that continue to maintain the integrity of the class.

It would be great to have some of the current crop of cars come through and the Porsche 919 is a great start.

Good to see and thanks for your efforts Ian!! I look forward to seeing more.

Completed 919, sorry for the small plug but this project wouldnt of been possible without Chris and Bill @ Tbirds and the use of Sunset Racing Shells

11701136_10153203486826492_7326946463365592377_n.jpg?oh=830bc514fc1d8b76e590798861fed4a9&oe=569AD0AC

G'day to all , I am not yet racing in this series but I am very keen to get involved . Ian has been very kind to me and sent up a finished body . I can only say that it is even better in the flesh , I love detail and realism and have painted a lot of the slotworx cars Cam has developed . The shell that Ian has produced is of a high quality and I really hope it does get the approval to race in your series . I was very lucky to watch it's birth from start to finish on face book and the amount of work to achieve a shell was a real eye opener . I applaud Ian and his helpers for an awesome result .

Cheers Pagey

Looking forward to getting one of these bodies. I had a look at the one Pagey got and they look very good.

Hoo Roo

Hi guys,

Thank you for your consideration of this homologation. Whilst we are always trying to promote true scale representation with the bodies in this class, we also have to allow for certain practicalities and the fact that lexan does not easily allow for tiny details. It is obvious that most of us are happy for Ian's 919 to be included in our list of homologated bodies.

I trust Ian will let us all know how we can buy his 919 if we want to enter with it in future OAPR LMP events.

This discussion will now be locked and the 919 will be added to our regulations - it is therefor legal to start using this body.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'