Zegas Digital Raceway

ZeGas

Damn you Michael, I had it all down fine.

Tee Hee Hee....

ps. Looking good there...

Now quick, get it built, and 'glue' it all together before you change your mind again...

Oh wait, that's the beauty of plastic track... If you don't like something, you can change it.

Also, if you put the 'walls' onto the table, you can move the track around, rebuild it, etc. as often as you like.

• 3 months later...

Well after god knows how many years of deliberations ZeGas Digital Raceway (budget version) is under way.

I have tweaked it around a few times and have now got a nice flowing track.

20160322110102-2b47b363-me.jpg

20160321093023-4c78bdf9-me.jpg

Looks great. Would love to have a run on that...

Have you thought about using the 'hairpin' corners for the R1 U-turn?

mdf7fBipTO83ghzJMqb5sVg.jpg

Makes the inner lane much more enjoyable.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Thanks John,

I look forward to seeing progress on your new track once you start ... exciting times.

You gotta stop doing this to me :angry:, you alone have put this back months by your ideas :angry:, sending me back to the drawing board :angry:.

But yes I had considered the hairpin corner, at the moment I am just using the track I have, it could be changed later quite easily .

In early test drives I have actually enjoyed the inside lane, if you brake just right you can slide the car 180 and hit the gas full without sliding or wobbling the car, looks cool if you get it right.

You already have the squeeze points and borders, so all you would need to do is swap them with the straights, add a $13 hairpin pack, and you are set...

Push, push, nudge, nudge...

Edited by shadow_rusty

No worries Grant yeah i can't wait for the new track to be running already. Id personally stick with just the plain radius 1 hairpin as ive never enjoyed squeeze sections on digital tracks as there is more cars per lane to contend with, as we tried them with my old plastic track and it took away the fun of side by side battles and just created more accidents.

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

I agree John, but thinking about it on the R1 hairpin cars are going to conflict no matter what.

Either with inside trail if slow or slide if fast.

At the moment I have three conflict points two from the sideswipes, only cause I had the track waste not want not, and the potential R1 hairpin conflict.

So my fuzzy logic is

If I do go with the hairpin track I can reuse one of the sideswipes, which initially reduces the conflict points to two and then if I do get straights it will reduce it to one but a slow speed one.

hmmm thinking thinking, I have almost talked myself into it, I'll give it some race time with the kids and see if it is really bad or not.

Looks like it should be enough to keep you interested, Grant.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Looking good there ZeGas. A few years ago I played around with the side swipes and hairpin curves and came up with this. Too late for you now but a lot of fun!

DSCF3646_zpsimkkfptl.jpg

Now that's a chicane Wobble

That looks like a lot of fun...

I love my double squeeze hairpin (aka ???) <-- Lyn, do you remember who it was (My google skills have let me down, and I can't find the track I first saw it on, even though it is an awesome track)...

Shadows%20Semi%20Permanent%20Track%20-%20New%20Layout%206.jpg

Edited by shadow_rusty

That would be Graham Lane's sweep chicane or whatever he called it. Cut two side swipes and put them together.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

That would be Graham Lane's sweep chicane or whatever he called it. Cut two side swipes and put them together.
Thanks Ember...

Graham's "Lane Swerve Chicane"

2008215215051_hairpins003.jpg

Good to see you've got it together now. All that's needed to follow is to get your pencil and router out, and cut the slots in your base board. A couple of costs of paint and your done.

The digital bit is harder and more expensive - you could retain the plastic switch points (integrated in) if you really need them.

Bless you this Easter