Mclaren Documentary By Director Of "World's Fastest Indian"

SlotsNZ

http://www.nzherald....jectid=11512864

SCCZEN_A_H_290910NZHMCLAREN_620x310.jpg

Production has started on a new film about the life of legendary race car driver Bruce McLaren.

Roger Donaldson, who directed The World's Fastest Indian, is directing the documentary McLaren.

New Zealand Film Commission funded General Film Corporation to make the feature documentary about McLaren's life and work.

"My enthusiasm for making a film about Bruce McLaren comes from my long held passion for motorsports - a passion that was passed down to me from my father and grandfather," ScreenDaily website quoted Mr Donaldson as saying.

ScreenDaily said Images and Sound, Giltrap Group Holdings, ANZ Bank and the New Zealand government's Screen Production Grant also helped fund the documentary.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Yeah, definitely one of my favourite movies, coming from the 60's in NZ's South Island I could really relate to the NZ locations and of course Bert was a legend anyway to us. I thought they did the Salt Lake scenes well too, I recall hearing as a youngster that Bert used to cut the tread off the tyres so it was great to see his story so well portrayed. Anthony Hopkins absolutely nailed the Kiwi accent which is not as easy to do as you might think. As a result I have great faith in Roger Donaldson's ability to do justice to the Bruce McLaren legend.

Edited by DRMF1

McLaren Tooned is a great series...

Also, I believe that Tooned 50 is season 3...

Edited by shadow_rusty

I think there are 24 eps in the original McLaren Tooned. The first series stars JB and Hammo. The second half started with JB and 'Chico' Perez. There is a related series on Oil that is essentially an add for Mobil which stars JB and drivers from other disciplines. And then Tooned 50 which is a standalone celebration. I believe it was created alongside the second half of Tooned.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction