Sign in to follow this  
slotmadmac

2015 Group 5 Race 4

We are running race 4 of this series on Thunder Road next Thursday night with qualifying next Tuesday at noon.

I'm looking forward to seeing the cars on my track. It's the best proxy field in a long while. Should be some good racing.

Podiums are for short people.

Qualifying for round 4 of the NZ Group 5 proxy has been run today on Thunder Road Raceway.

This gloss enamel track with an unforgiving surface always highlights any out of roundness in tyres. Cars that seem 'smooth-ish' on other tracks are exposed here; the common "rumble" noise of something not quite round, tends to "out" a few entries.

The full round will be run Thursday evening.

Congratulations to Tony Cook for P1 in qualifying.

12033216_853174544790786_387835988017030385_n.jpg?oh=b5b32b7f96a85ff400709a979b8509e5&oe=56677BAB

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

thanks Mark

will see you Thursday night for the race 4

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

As always, an interesting day in the cave running the cars. The top 3 qualifiers were sweet - the top 2 especially so. Tony's car was a gem. Mark's car was obviously hampered by the damage done in the previous rounds as it was a flyer now it's been fixed. .

Q1%20to%203%20Group%205%202015_zpseijytfah.jpg

I was expecting J-Mac's car to do better after its showing last week but it seemed a bit slow on my track. Some of the faster cars were a handful. Drew's Capri - with a NSR 30k in it - was really hard to hold onto.

Boltz car needs the front body mount sorted as the screw head is pulling through the chassis. I'll sort this out before the race on Thursday. No other issues to report.

Edited by slotmadmac

what time are you planning on kicking things off

will bring my controller in case you need me to drive

but I am more than happy to marshall

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Thanks for the qualifying run guys,...'fast but breaks away at the limit',...I'm not surprised, it's not meant to go that fast !!!

I'm sure it won't be looking so good when the race results are in

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Thanks for the qualifying run guys,...'fast but breaks away at the limit',...I'm not surprised, it's not meant to go that fast !!!

I'm sure it won't be looking so good when the race results are in

I am more than happy to swap motors with your car Bram

if you notice that mine has all of a suddenly got quicker :D and yours slower :blink: you will know why :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Kick off as soon as we get enough drivers and marshals to run it. Hopefully we can start by 6.30pm.

I will get there about 6.00pm

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

If I can find a volunteer to man the results computer, I would be keen to drive a lane myself.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self

Thanks for trying to fix it. front axle through the stupid front body mount, had to do some mod to get around the mount. Dumbass designer/engineer at Fly. I was thinking of using a flat head and counter sinking the hole with a large bit, but ran out of time.

Will wander over from work. See you around 5:30 - 6. If anyone is hungry I will buy hot chips on the way.

I'm addicted to Slot Cars.

A number of the cars seem to have developed a pronounced build up of gunk on the tyres which is not coming off with our usual trick of running the rear tyres over sticky tape. I think if I spent some time carefully cleaning the rear tyres with water they would respond a lot better on my track. I assume no one has issues with this. Sing out if you do.

If I can find a volunteer to man the results computer, I would be keen to drive a lane myself.

Happy to drive the computer -Call it a belated birthday prezzie ...

They are only toys .... until you pull the trigger.

Don't be too fussy with my tyres Mac,,,,, don't think I've ever had a sub 7sec lap on your track

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

I would like to say I await to see my cars performance with anticipation...........but I'd be lying. Good luck to all.

Just finished the round. A very relaxed night in the shed with Pat (Capri-corn) running the cutter.

A few surprises. And a few really lovely cars. Hats off to Wobble with his Fly Ferrari and Dave for his custom chassis Carrera Ferrari for being excellent non-Sideways drives.

I also enjoyed Gas41T's Moby 935, Mark's M1 and DRW1's M1.

The better 935's were cool as. Clearly they're a really well balanced unit. J-Macs 935 seemed slower this week. Motor could be getting tired?

Thanks for the chance to drive your cars - and thanks to the local crew who helped to get this round through.

Mark will post results soon and Pat has plenty of pix.

yep great night on the trigger

my favorite cars for the night was Wobbles flyslot Ferrari and DRW1 BMW M1

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Okay, here are the results.

Dave, spreadsheet on the way, and YOU can figure out how to separate you and I for the round win LOL

The excel formula gave us both 2nd place, but we were 1st and 2nd

Lap times seemed a little slow, and I know I struggled for grip tonight on blue lane. But overall a very good round, and I have to compliment the scruffy lads as this is probably the most consistent I have seen a proxy round driven. Some heats there wasn't a single "off" by anyone, and I'd say 40% or more of drives were 0 or 1 de-slots.

The gutter lanes of course are a little slower, and blue is always the slowest lane. Mac drove red lane on his own track, and predictably did fastest car laps and most laps overall.

The 15.999 Pat recorded for Dave was sort of a joke as his car had the nose about right under the timing bridge without flicking a lap.

11218682_858590094248606_6778129054064822931_n.jpg?oh=f8104e24b7a77195964f7d995d6f4998&oe=566E5BA4