Oh No Not Again...

DRMF1

Hi Everyone,

as I am quickly discovering, the link to our youth is strong with this hobby. I first fell under the slot car spell back in the 60's as a youngster and although I never really lost the spark, it is only now that I have found the drive (pun intended) to return. Like others here, I am fascinated by how everything has developed since back then, not least the speed, the overall quality and the selection of equipment.

I quickly decided to have a track routed and built for me (no talent myself) so I commissioned Slot Cars by Andrew to do the hard yards on my small home track.

He sent me a couple of photos of the build in progress yesterday and I was like a new father for...well I still am. I look forward to reading and contributing to this forum. Mostly reading for I have a LOT of catching up to do.

Cheers, Dan.

Edited by DRMF1

Welcome aboard Dan. Always good to have someone returning to the hobby drop in to share the passion. I think it helps us all to remember just why we love the hobby.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Looks like the 'son of pretzel logic raceway'.

Should be fun to run on.

or 'Spaghetti Junction' - and to answer your question Dan, it's great. I'm not in a club but just race on a cobbers track with a few mates each Wednesday. cheers Bram

edit - just noticed while browsing 'new content' ZeGas beat me to that one

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

or 'Spaghetti Junction' - and to answer your question Dan, it's great. I'm not in a club but just race on a cobbers track with a few mates each Wednesday. cheers Bram

Hah Bram, in NZ, that's what we call a club LOL

You're with Wazza, Droid? and so on aren't you?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hah Bram, in NZ, that's what we call a club LOL

You're with Wazza, Droid? and so on aren't you?

Yep Mark, although we don't see much of Droid these days as he usually races on 1 of his cobbers tracks. I guess I don't call it a club 'cos Wazza's rules are quite a bit more fluid so we can put cars on the track that mightn't fit some 'club' rules.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan

I'm still working on the track, it's basically done, test laps have been done and it flows great.

I'm currently working on the folding/tilting legs. I did a mock up and it all works in theory, just need to polish the design a little.

DSCF7815_zpshkfhx3dt.jpg

DSCF7816_zpsubg3iraz.jpg

It should be ready for pickup very soon.

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

WOW! Like an expectant father I can now marvel at Andrew's latest work of art. My little two lane home track, whilst I will refer to it formally as Maranello - for I like the connection to that most famous of Italian Motor Racing towns - more informally I think Spaghetti Junction is right on the mark.

An awesome job Andrew, well done and thank you. :D :D :D :D

Edited by DRMF1

Dan said that he would like to be able to tilt the track up against the wall when not in use, So.................

DSCF7821_zpsqxpp83yx.jpg

I put legs on it that allow it to tilt up against the wall.

DSCF7822_zpsl62ztf9z.jpg

And they hinge out of the way, as do the supports.

I think they will do the job, what do you think?

A man without a woman is like a neck without a pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Touchdown! Maranello (aka Spaghetti Junction) has arrived, and immediately presented me with a problem. Too big for the lift at my apartment block. By about 5cms. But it's here, looking outstanding Andrew. Thanks. Should be installed and running by tomorrow afternoon. :D :D :D