Narangba Raceway 2Hr Enduro.

warrick

Last night was the best V8 race event to be held so far at Narangba. 19 racers, 5 cars and a whole heap of fun. i dont have all the results with me but at the end of 2hrs, only 1.8 laps seperated 1st and 2nd. 1146 vs 1147.8.now that is what parity and close racing is all about. everyone left the venue in high spirits after a extremely well run and happy event. have to thank the guys from the gold coast areas for making the trek to Narangba and providing some truly worthy competition.this time the locals won out but i'm sure next time on their home turf it will be a different result. once again thanks to all those that participated in making this an event that everyone could be proud of.bring on round two!

cheers

rick hines

Edited by warrick

Hi Rick,

Yes it was a fantastic race. Here are the results:

1st Andrew's Narangba Team 1147.80 laps

2nd Rick's Narangba Team 1146.00 laps

3rd Brucey's DV8 GC Team 1138.20 laps

4th Norm's Narangba Team 1113.25 laps

5th Grant's Kiwi GC Team 1097.30 laps

Thanks to all the Northerners for giving the Gold Coasters a glimpse at the pointy end. We will try our best to repay the compliment soon....LOL

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Bottom line about the Slotworx V8's is the fact that the majority of SEQ is having a ball whilst respecting the fact that Cam had put a lot of time and effort into the formulation and creation of this class. Both SRP25 and Fox IV motors are allowed and run perfectly and competitively along side each other at club level - IT IS THE RACER's CHOICE!

The next 2 hour V8 Enduro will be at Ecurie Elite.au on the Gold Coast on the 21st of October. The Gold Coasters are looking forward to return the hospitality that was shown by the Narangba boys.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just came back from another great 2 hour enduro with the V8's at Narangba. 20 great drivers in 5 teams and many intense battles across all drivers and teams. If anyone has the complete results please post them here for us - all I know is the first two teams were within 5 laps of each other after some 1150 laps of racing.

Thank you very much to Andrew and his merry men - the next one will be on the 21st at Ecurie Elite on the Gold Coast.

Cheers,

Jan

have to agree Jan,was an excellent nights racing as usual. dont have the full results either but will try to get hold of them.you Gold Coast guys are making it harder each time.i was using an SRP25 this time for a try and it performed faultlessly. again it was a fun night with lots of friendly bantering taking place the way it should always be. finishing order was:

1st - ricks team

2nd - Kims team

3rd - Kiwi team

4th - Norms team

5th - Steves team

next meeting at Jans in a couple of weeks will see an entirely different result i'm sure. cant beat this configuration of racing,thanks Cam!

Edited by warrick

• 3 weeks later...

Rick,

All good mate - if the 'locals' don't win there is a big problem!! Fantastic driving on Monday night by all you guys....talking of being bloody fast...LOL

Look forward to the next opportunity to enjoy this great interclub rivalry we have going at the moment.

Cheers,

Jan

• 1 month later...

Jason,

Here is a copy of the race results - pour over them and judge for yourself the difference between SRP25's and good Fox IV's. I am sure you can factor in the home track advantage yourself.

Studio_20150911_142440.jpg[/url]

Cheers,

Jan

Hello Jan,

Here are the results from the last enduro at Narangba Cameron and I won running an SRP, so you can beat the locals with an SRP. This is the exact same car I won with at the FLM enduro running a Fox IV also the same car i did back to back motor testing with. You can see by the times the srp is good in the middle lanes but doesn't pull so well in the outside lanes.

enduro%20slotworx_zps1ywm2khv.jpg

Edited by slotcarnut

all well and good Jason but you havent factored in the skill level of all team drivers.some teams had 3 members and some, although doing their best, were not as competitive as others.all that can be learnt from these results is that it was a lot of fun for most of us and motor choice did not influence the results.

cheers

warrick

It just goes to show how great Cam's Slotworx cars are if the only thing people can find fault with is the motor selection....seriously!

You are allowed to run fox Iv or the SRP. Who cares, both motors have there good points. Let's all celebrate what is most definitely the closest class in the country right now.

Merry Xmas Pagey

• Upvote 1

I was simply showing you could win with an SRP at Narangba. Rick you forget my partner had only started racing this year I thought the teams were distributed fairly well with the exception of one team, so it was a fun interesting race. I took the time to help Cameron setup his controller and coached him through he learnt a few things and drove great he really enjoyed himself and was really chuffed to win for once. What I dont get is why people are so touchy on these things, I have had several people from different tracks ask about motor differences so i bought a motor through the person that has them here in Queensland and in my calculated back to back testing have found one to be slightly stronger dont shoot the messenger. You can succeed with either as the lap times show, reality is to get speed out of a V8 really has little to do with motor unless your chasing that last tenth. I wasnt pointing fault at anything or anyone.

Yes its a fun class and I enjoy driving them Cam should be applauded for coming up with a good formula and I am glad to see it growing which is why I built a car even though my local club doesn't race them.

Merry Xmas Everybody

well i'm sure Cam appreciates all your tuition. for the record you dont become good with just time.i am the perfect example of this not happening.you seem to have a passion for rubbing people the wrong way and tossing it back up in their faces.Jason you may be a good slotcar driver/builder but you cant seem to grasp the point that not everyone cares.some of us are there for the fun and mateship.we would all like to win occasionally but if we dont,thats alright too. i would have thought you would have realised by now that a lot of people dont like or want your attitude,but still you continue to

put yourself out in front . please make this a merry christmas and go away.

ps.my opinions only.

That's OK warrick there are more people that like the help and advice I give them when it comes to slot car racing than those that don't like my straight forward way of putting things. I go out of my way to help anyone that asks. Just because I enjoy racing from the competition angle doesnt make me the enemy. Having drinks at my place this afternoon with a group of guys from slot cars you and jan are welcome to come if you want to get over the silly bickering.

Merry Xmas.

Guest jazzbell

My opinion on the drama over this days of our lives series,crap,s#!t what ever it is. None of this would be happening if it was a

1 motor brand for all to race. I can't get over the dramas I've been reading .

Again Warrick sorry to get off the topic on this thread but this motor problem I keep reading seems to be on more than one thread.

Simple when you come to Adelaide it's a fox4 nothing else.

His motors quicker than mine,SIMPLE BUY A f#%*@%g NOTHER OR ANOTHER.

Love Cams V8's and everything he's done for everyone out there. The only difference here in Adelaide where not pulling our dicks over

What close racing it is with everyone.

Sorry again Warrick

Shane

• Upvote 1