Round 9 Athens Hellenic Slot Car Club

alexis in greece

I have just looked at a map of Greece and I can't find a town called Tact, are you sure the cars are in Tact???

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

• 2 weeks later...

I have to apologise for a long radio silence but sometimes 1/1 life gets in the way.In my case it included

problems at work and medical exams.A couple of months ago i've been diagnosed with parkinsons disease and

treatment didnt show expected results.

Yesterday i had a last visit to the doctor and got added pills to swallow.I hope for the best

Here are the plans for the greek rounds:on Sunday i unpacked the cars and made a visual check,everything

seems to be ok.Tomorow i will go to the club and run a shakedown.If we get zero problems or problems that

can be fixed there and then we will race a couple of stages (out of 4 in total)depending on time.One issue

is that i cannot race because of right hand tremor so i have to depend on others.A second issue is that on

Saturday is the 1st round of the local rally championship so after Wednesday the stages cannot be used for the proxy.

So round 9 will be completed on next Monday or Wednesday.If everything goes according to plans next round (10) will be

on sunday 27th at Chaitas racing garden,rally track on both directions and internal lane of road track

Worst case scenario ,round 10 will be run onsunday October 3rd.

Edited by alexis in greece
gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Wow Alexis, hope everything works out for you

As far as the cars go, just do what you can when you can, you're far more important than a plastic toy

PM me if there's anything i can do

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Good luck with the Parkinson's treatment Alexis. I hope they can quickly find the right combination of medications for you.

I hope you enjoy the run with the cars.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Everything went according to plan this time and we were able to race 2 stages yesterday night,

New Woods and Acient ruins.Before starting the race i gave the cars a shakedown,no problems,

apart from braid arrangement on a few cars.2 cars impressed me, #111 and #59 they were from another planet

and that will show in the results.Nisko sr raced New Woods and Nisko jr races Ancient Ruins.

Here are the results for SS1,New Woods

21432050370_0754e07f99_b.jpg

SS2 results will be published tomorrow as there are a few surprises.

The plan is to race stages 3&4 and photo session Wednesday.

Wow a few surprises there.

Thanks for running the round.

SS3,Raid,driven by Yannis (NTZ) tuesday afternoon.Tried several times but 3 cars, 9,20 and 25, would refuse to go through so we applied

the rule we use for our local championship,we gave the cars last cars time + 10".

Results:

21051409373_3e05c4f988_b.jpg

and aggregate results:

21672389595_92481dc335_b.jpg

The are several photos to upload but i have to sort them first.Wednesday session was cancelled

because we had not taken into account Nisko jr's birthday.Last ss is postponed for Friday

Edited by alexis in greece

Hi Alexis.

Congrats to the podiumites and a consistent round for me - 13th, 8th, 8th and 4th for 6th overall. Thanks also to Slotcarmann for his earlier repairs which appear to have returned my car to reasonable form.

Great organisation after your initial health problems so hope this augers well for the future.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Thanks for the run Alex