Round 8 - Manx Rally - Part 3

slotcarmann

Hi folks

Just setting this up for some more fun and games over another 3 stages.... :rolleyes:

Round 8 - the third and final Round staged in the Isle of Man this year.

This time, we started with Glen Vine, followed that with Car Park Chaos and finished with Ballayorkley.

Would that make a difference...? :huh:

We shall see....

Cheers

Dave

Would love to run another Craig, but the cars should be with Alexis by now....! :lol:

I did have a twiddle with your guide and braids between rounds, which helped, but your car just does not suit the Glen Vine stage, I'm afraid.

Some surpises on this one, with the Tucker-mobile having a stonking good run, for a change, chased by Mel - and Ben finally getting a decent placing, with Bigmanrallies and Mobbzee also in the top half. :)

Going in the opposite direction were snurfen, me, Lynne and Branco.... :angry:

Nothing much in it between 6th and 17th - 9 seconds - so all to play for.

Sadly Nisko's car was a real problem on this stage - instead of Teamred this time around - and ended it nearly 40 seconds down on Aquakiwi, who was 20th. Game over for him for this round effectively. :wacko:

Well done to Gas4it and Peter Gunn, who with Tucker, were the podiumites this time around! :D

Cheers

Dave

Jeez kiwi guys I know New Zealand is at the bottom of the globe but we don't have to be at the bottom of the leaderboard!!!

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hey Gaz have a look at our positions . There'll be some talk now :o:) . Thanks Dave for the effort . Done well son. Thanks also for the fix up . Congrats to the podiumites from all stages. . Lets see how long it takes my crew to sniff out the greek weed and stuff up the next round

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hi folks

The second stage was once again on Mike Buss' Car Park Chaos track, which is on an 8x4 footprint and packs a lot of tight but smooth turns in.

Handling is quite important and, as there are only two sections resembling a "straight" of any length, outright power and speed aren't the be all and end all - and of course, Mike was driving.

Whilst the top two were a few seconds up the road, between 3rd (Gas4it) and 20th (Scuderia Turini) there were only precisely 11 seconds.... :D

The bottom two struggled with guide issues - with Leo's car having problems when the guide is fully compressed - there is a definite sticking point and click, as the guide binds on something on the chassis. Chas' car's gears are sounding a bit past their use-by date now, I'm afraid.... :wacko:

Edited by slotcarmann

Stage 3 results

r8_s3_zpsvsse0kvb.jpg

Look....No Snurfy at the top.

And final results for IoM

r8_fin_zpsop37beuz.jpg

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

And on Stage 3....back to the open, flowing Ballayorkley, with yours truly driving.

Barbs and I both had two offs, which penalised us somewhat :angry: , plus Gas4it and Alexis had one each, so also lost a bit of time.

But at the top, it was business as usual with Peter Gunn taking the stage win from the Welsh Wizard....and the rest of us trailing a bit.

Only 11 seconds between 3rd and 19th, so very close again within the pack.

Mentions for Lynne and Phil with 4th and 5th....and a great 6th for Nisko....where did that come from? :o

And Team NZ had some good packing just outside the top half.... :rolleyes:

Sadly Leo's car struggled again with guide issues....

Overall for Round 3....

Peter Gunn took it comfortably in the end, with less than 2/10 between Gas4it and Snurfen.

A bit of a gap then to me, with Phil and Barbs a few seconds back.

Mel, Lynne and Ben followed, with Tucker rounding off the top 10.

Despite Nisko's good performance on Stage 3, he propped up the table after the disaster on Stage 1....if only.... :blink:

Well done all, I thoroughly enjoyed hosting the cars again - a big thanks to Barbs for marshalling on all rounds - and to Mike Buss for driving and marshalling on Car Park Chaos - and of course to Lynne, for assisting by uploading all the results data.

As a matter of statistical interest for those of that persuasion :lol: , I have prepared a table showing the overall results for the 3 Manx rounds....

I will forward this to Lynne, if she could be kind enough to upload this final file for me.

It's club night today, so I will upload all the remaining photos and videos tomorrow.

Cheers

Dave

So....We come to the Official tables at the end of the sojourn in Isle of Man.

R8_table_zpsvnojjxbt.jpg

R8_subs_zps1ashnvdk.jpg

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Dave just sent me this table which is the overall results for the Manx Mission as a standalone sub-comp.

Manx_aggregate_zpshv7x592l.jpg

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Well Mobbzee, it did improve time-wise by 34 seconds from Round 6 to Round 8 (over the same 3 tracks).... :)

But by the final stage of Round 3, it seemed to lack any real top speed and was one of the slowest....predictable and very drivable though. :blink:

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Great effort from Dave and his team on the IOM.

Have enjoyed this round of the WRP so much I will be back next year for more punishment.

cheers.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Always happy to host rounds here. :P

Next year, we will have the refurbishment of the old 5-lane former club's track completed - the club-room has been upside-down and dusty for the past 3 months to be honest, whilst we work on it - and new and improved rally tracks will be available next year to provide more variety. :)

Unfortunately, our 2015 rounds also clashed with quite a few summer holiday breaks for club members here, so we were a few marshals short of a full set....ha ha...! :lol:

Thankfully, Martyn was able to stage 3 rounds in Wales to keep things moving in June/July...well done mate! :D

I wonder what will happen in Greece...? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

• 4 weeks later...

On that note Dave, would we be better starting in Europe in Feb/Mar (therefore missing all our summer hols) then going to Aus/NZ in June/July to avoid your holidays (except for Australia's answer to Alan Whicker, Mel).

I'm going to make a Manx chequered flag with 0.0022 on it! That is closer than a closer thing.

again, well done and thanks to Dave's team for all their effort and to Embs for collating all those juicy stats.

wosautos12.gif