Round 7 - Manx Rally - Part 2

slotcarmann

Morning folks

Sincere apologies for a lack of info for the past week - I was away in the UK for a family wedding and omitted to take the relevant results files and photos etc with me. :wacko:

Now playing catch-up, so:

1. Round 7 results on their way to Lynne;

2. Photos/videos will be posted over the next few days; and

3. Cars on their way to Alexis in Greece.

Cheers

Dave

No great surprises on Stage 1 of Rd 7, with all the quicker cars featuring in the top 6.

But then a tightly packed bunch between 7th and 17th - just 9 seconds between them all. :P

Stand-outs outside the top 6 were the performance of Branco's car - and the improvement and speed of Nisko's car. :D

So....what would Stage 2 bring...? Back onto the tricky, wiggly Glen Vine stage....could anyone else break into the top 6 this time?

Cheers

Dave

Feels great to be in the top ten.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Might get you to check my car Dave, It's going too well!!!!

Might get you to check my car Dave, It's going too well!!!!

Bwaa haa haa...

That's gold...

So, not much real change in the top 5 from Stage 1, but a great run from Chas to take 6th....and a dreadful slump down to 8th for Branco.... :o

The Tucker-mobile had a steady run in 7th, but mentions also for Bigmanrallies (10th) and Mobbzee (12th), who both beat expectations with their runs.

A few of the cars suffered from guide issues - either too tight, or struggling to maintain electrical contact - and poor old Teamred's car was almost undriveable and ended up propping up the table. That blew any chance of finishing anything but last....but there was still another stage to come.

Phil's car had just the one corner where it would hardly stay in the slot (....once every 3 laps it was OK.... <_< ), which cost him a decent time and a top 10 placing.

It's not an easy stage and as I have said before, if there is a handling or guide issue, this stage will expose it...! :rolleyes:

But....look how close it was....only 9 seconds between 1st and 15th....lol :)

Cheers

Dave

Edited by slotcarmann

Nice comeback Chas

Dave ,what can I say . They've found where to buuy the wacky weed and not concentrating on the mechanics of the car. If the windows are foggy again theres your answer :) . Other than that what is the problem . Motors been it from factory so could be getting tired. Oh well may have to call for factory backing next time. This privateer business sucks :) .Feels like my footy team here in Oz.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hi Branco.

Yes you have to take the good with the bad in this proxy as there appears to be such a wide range of race conditions. You have to take your hat off to the likes of Snurfen as such a consistent performer.

IOM has been good to you so far. Best of luck for last stage.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi guys

As I've said before, Glen Vine is a tough stage mechanically and guide-wise. :wacko:

But the other two stages are much more flowing and don't put as much pressure on the guide, so Craig and Phil, don't necessarily despair yet! B)

A few of the cars are seemingly quite tired now after several years in this competition. ;) So I have spent a fair bit of time on most of the strugglers between rounds to try and get them all to have a chance of finishing all our Manx rounds and having a chance of making it to the finish of the remaining rounds after the IOM.

For instance, sometimes the guide issue was solved simply by spreading the braid on top of the guide, where the little copper legs make contact with it, so that on tight corners there is continuous electrical contact. Someone's car has a couple of half-teeth on the crown gear, so that isn't helping. Also, one or two of the struggling cars with tight bodies needed a slight screw adjustment to avoid continual de-slotting, which threatened to make them almost undrivable.

But no work (other than lubrication and braid/tyre cleaning) has been required on cars 13, 27, 35, 36, 59 and 111- they are all generally very well set up, fast and handle well. :)

I think it's testament to these cars that they have survived as long as they have and that in general, things are still very close. More photos and videos to come.

Cheers

Dave

Round 7 Stage 3 results in from Isle of Man

R7_S3_zps51tbnk25.jpg

Not surprising to see the Manx cars continue to do well on home turf. Nice comeback attempt from Phil's car.

Which means totals for Round 7

R7_end_zpsar41vanh.jpg

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

And so we have the Official Standings after Round 7.

R7_table_zpsfbkfaaaq.jpg

And the more important sub competitions

R7_subs_zpsruvbhtdz.jpg

The cars will now be packed for a trip to sunny Greece.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks for running this round Dave and helpers, my best result yet!!!

Thanks for the standings update Ember

Congrats to you Dave and your helpers been a epic performance in the I.O.M and a lot of work put in on our behalf results are interesting the Welsh Wizard certainly has to be congratulated on his car this year consistant is the name of the game and to never be below 2nd spot is B consistant, chuckle something my car seems to lack looking at the up,s and downs don't know really how it,s in 2nd spot congrats to all the podium getters , and congrats to all the runners for putting up a good show with some , let's face it pretty tired car's now some been doing it for a few years.

Thanks also to the score keeper Lynne for keeping it all together with the results, not sure what next season will bring as regards this proxy , hope it carrys on in some form or the other and we visit the I.O.M again next year . :)

• Upvote 1