Dont Mention The Cricket Again

chrisfromcrewe

Im not sure whats worse, Aust getting all out for 60 or England losing the 2014 ashes 5-0. I think the second :)

The blessing is Clarke is gone and we have a young man with stats resembling the great Don. Lookout Poms!

Smoke, mirrors and obsolescence. It’s a jungle out there.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

It has been an odd series - neither team has really shone - first two games - more a case of a good performance here and there from a couple of players - e.g. a bounce of the ball one way or the other etc and then the Aussies forgot to get off the bus at Edgbaston and clearly didn't even get on it for the trip to Trent Bridge.....

at least we finally managed to win a game against the All Blacks

Oddly enough I nearly did before Mark. :) Sucks Aus and NZ being in the same pool.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Oddly enough I nearly did before Mark. :) Sucks Aus and NZ being in the same pool.

After a while and following various sports, you realize that the "home nation(s)" continuously rig the draws by changing how seedings, timing and/of/or draws are done to try and ensure that the northern hemisphere sporting nations get a more favourable run through pool play to Q finals.

With rugby they also spent 6 years screwing with experimental rules making us test them down under, then abandoning them before 2 worlds cups to destabilize southern hemisphere

The one time a northern hemisphere block was asked to do the same, the French promptly refused and were not forced, not penalized....

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

You trying to tell me there's politics mixed in sport? Never!!

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Don't mention the Netball either

I think we lost the cricket to the Z landers in a pool game in the world cup. That turned out very well in the end!!

I have more faith in the NZ cricket team than i did. They will be a force to be reckoned with over the next few years methinks

I think we lost the cricket to the Z landers in a pool game in the world cup. That turned out very well in the end!!

I have more faith in the NZ cricket team than i did. They will be a force to be reckoned with over the next few years methinks

I've been trying to summons up faith in our guys for the last 30 odd years.

It seems like every time they look like they're coming good the s#!t hits the fan but I hope you're right this time Big Mick

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

I've been trying to summons up faith in our guys for the last 30 odd years.

It seems like every time they look like they're coming good the s#!t hits the fan but I hope you're right this time Big Mick

Some real deep talent at the moment not just relying on Vettori or Cairns or Taylor.

You bat deep and bowl deeper, Plus you stole Ronchi!!!!

No NZ is a well balanced side for all conditions world beware

Big Mick

EXCUSE ME - We did not "steal" Ronchi. we merely loaned him to you thieving ozzies for a bit.

His mother Maggie is a friend of ours and lives about 1km away from us in Napier...... a former cricketer herself.

Sort of like we loaned you Phar Lap, Pavlova, Dragon, Split Enz, Crowded House, Jane Campion, Russell Crowe (no return address) . . . . . and numerous others (just a selection of those claimed by Australia off the top of my head)

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Excuse me. Crowded House were only 1 part Kiwi and Dragon 2/5.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

EXCUSE ME - We did not "steal" Ronchi. we merely loaned him to you thieving ozzies for a bit.

His mother Maggie is a friend of ours and lives about 1km away from us in Napier...... a former cricketer herself.

Sort of like we loaned you Phar Lap, Pavlova, Dragon, Split Enz, Crowded House, Jane Campion, Russell Crowe (no return address) . . . . . and numerous others (just a selection of those claimed by Australia off the top of my head)

I think you could have kept split enz, and nobody seems to want Russell these day but you may have missed the complement in the post.

and Dragon was a kiwi band formed in 1972 Marc Hunter etc........ see what I mean :) Nick anything wouldn't yas....

They crossed the ditch in 75 for fame, fortune and dare I say it . . . . cheaper drugs.

From what I heard, they could have kept Martin Johnstone and Terry Clark in business single-handedly....... ah little Terrance, born and grew up in Gisborne, but a founding pupil at my High School in Napier along with my brother and half the other hoods and boy racers of the late 60s / early 70s in our city. The Underbelly series only told part of the story.

(We - my high school - also produced at least 3 other well known drug dealers I can think of, none of which have made old age - and Jaan Molinaar, - who shot two cops about 5 years ago.)

And just to bring cricket back into it, we also produced Ervin McSweeney whose flaming acrobatics and good batting kept me from wearing the gloves through most of Intermediate and High School ... &$*@(&$^@*

Jaan was a year behind me, McSweeney a year ahead.

And you can still keep Russell Crowe.