Guest jazzbell

2015 South Australian Scaleauto Endurance Championships

Guest jazzbell

The 4th South Australian 8hr Endurance Scaleauto 1/24 scale Championships will be held again this year at Thunderbird Raceway.

Date 31st of October 2015

91 Research Rd,Pooraka, Adelaide.

Event will be held on our 6 lane track.

3 to 4 man team. $50 per person.

Hand out motors,NSR 25,000 King Evo.

Rules will be as 2015 Scaleauto rules.

Concourse,plus trophies for 1st ,2nd and 3rd teams

Rules will be raced at 2015 Scaleauto rules..............

http://www.auslot.co...ar-regulations/

Race schedule for the event will be..........

1pm will the hand out of the NSR 25k Evo.

Motors will be marked at the hand out table,then 1 team member from each team will pick.

Hand outs will be done under supervision at the build table.1 person from each team can only be at the table.Everyone else the build table is out of bounds. So only 1 person putting the car together. Straight after cars will be scrutineered.

A 10 minute window will be allowed to test the cars.

Drivers breifing. Plus judging of concourse.

2pm sharp will be qualifying for lane position. As soon as qualifying finishes racing will begin.

As usual Chris and Cathy have plenty of food and coffee happening .

So entries are now open for teams and drivers.

See you soon.

Regards shane a

Team NSR

Edited by jazzbell

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention. I just have to be there for the chance to try and beat Shane. When you can compete against the premier model car racer in Australia on the premier track in Australia, you just have to do it. I might fail, but it's the ultimate challenge.

Edited by Tim Tyler

Guest jazzbell

Names of teams and drivers for the event will be the following....

Team Phoenix

Gary J (Qld)

Greg C(Vic)

Timmy T (Vic)

Team NSR

Shane A (SA)

Noel B (Qld)

Cam N(NSW)

Jason Brooksy (NSW)

Team Thunderbird

Ray (SA)

Iain (SA)

Rhys(SA)

Kim A(Qld)

Team Monstar

Ian S(SA)

Robert(SA)

Mitch(SA)

Bill J(SA)

Team Pirelli

Frank(SA)

Chris R(SA)

Colin(SA)

Travis(SA)

Team Brabham

Robbo(SA)

Andrew S (SA)

Gary S(SA)

Ian M(SA)

Regards Shane a

Team NSR

Edited by jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

1team spot available for the enduro. So hurry......

Regards Shane A

Team NSR

Edited by jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

All teams are filled now for this 2015 scaleauto endurance championships now.

The only chance of a drive now is if any drivers pull out............and if the team wants you to replace the driver.

Regards Shane a

Team NSR

While shane and garry's teams fight out the battle of the big guns, i will watch with great interest, the thunderbirds club racers fight it amongst themselves. they have a lot of good talent spread out over 4 equal teams. this is gonna be a good race.

Yep, I agree JP. We should all band together, My strategy is simple. When Phoenix and NSR order a burger at the counter we substitute the beef pattie with a hash cake and watch them happily crash out of the race. They will really enjoy themselves.. and so will we. Heh Heh

Axman, People need to appreciate how lucky we are, to have you as one of our leaders of our beloved hobby. talented track builder, comedian, and all round nice guy. will be good to see you again. bring your HASH burger recipe.

While shane and garry's teams fight out the battle of the big guns, i will watch with great interest, the thunderbirds club racers fight it amongst themselves. they have a lot of good talent spread out over 4 equal teams. this is gonna be a good race.

Hi John

Just remember that the Dream team at the Model Nats didn't win the Slotworx Endruo

every team has One Car, Four Drivers Anything can Happen

Yep, I agree JP. We should all band together, My strategy is simple. When Phoenix and NSR order a burger at the counter we substitute the beef pattie with a hash cake and watch them happily crash out of the race. They will really enjoy themselves.. and so will we. Heh Heh

Be careful what you wish for. There is at least one driver i know in one of those teams that drives very well after a choof. Teams are filled now but if someone pulls out let me know.

Sorry guys, I'm out. I have been on the waiting list for a long overdue knee operation and it clashes with the week of the race.

I'm sure with the calibre of racers you guys have this is probably an advantage to the team I was racing with.

Have a great race weekend.

Kim

Guest jazzbell

Kim we could have organised a Zimmer frame,even the model with the seat. We even have disabled car parks and you know the venue has wheel chair access everywhere

Not long now only a few weeks to go. Looking forward to the event and catching up with everyone again. Haven't had a race since the MCN so I'm itching for a drive now can't wait.

Regards Shane a

Team NSR

I can Wait to see you drive Shane. There were rumours of a 6.4 lap by you on Friday I think I may have missed that one when I was blinking!!!!

Looking forward to it see everyone there

Mick

I can Wait to see you drive Shane. There were rumours of a 6.4 lap by you on Friday I think I may have missed that one when I was blinking!!!!

Looking forward to it see everyone there

Mick

No Mick it was a 6.3 that Shane did in the end.

Ray

Hi Ray and Mick,

Just had a look at the final results post for the 2014 event and Shane stated in that, that Team NSR TQ'd with a 5.7 - so why is he so slow this year.....LOL

Have fun boys, it will be another humdinger of an event!!

Cheers,

Jan

That was a typo Jan NSR TQ with 6.7 hang on a a second you were there you bloody joker!!!!!!!

The only car I have ever seen in the 5s was one of your LMPs mate driven by Shane I must admit but I dont think I have ever seen anyone else get a scale auto down under 6.7 except Ray the other day with the car we are driving on Saturday Ray???????

Mick

Guest jazzbell

I'll tell you why I'm so slow!!

It's called lots and lots of testing. The difference between my testing is that I drive stop,change something,drive stop,change something.

Over and over again. When I watch others, it's just lap after lap after lap without touching a thing on there cars other than put some s#!t on tyres and off they go.

I can say I hardly ever put a car on the track before any changes. I haven't been to the club or touched a car for 3 months. But the lead up to this event I've been there 3 weeks straight with every opportunity I get. As for the rest I've seen 3 people.

Shane

Sorry guys, I'm out. I have been on the waiting list for a long overdue knee operation and it clashes with the week of the race.

I'm sure with the calibre of racers you guys have this is probably an advantage to the team I was racing with.

Have a great race weekend.

Kim

You'll be right Kim,

I had mine done last week, total knee replacement, now at home already walking around without the stick, I'll be a little while doddering around , just want to get downstairs to work on a few cars to take my mind off things,

Terry

It's called lots and lots of testing. The difference between my testing is that I drive stop,change something,drive stop,change something.

Over and over again. When I watch others, it's just lap after lap after lap without touching a thing on there cars other than put some s#!t on tyres and off they go.

I can say I hardly ever put a car on the track before any changes. I haven't been to the club or touched a car for 3 months. But the lead up to this event I've been there 3 weeks straight with every opportunity I get. As for the rest I've seen 3 people.

Shane

6.3s with a scale auto is slow!!!!!!!

I had a wet dream the other night about a 6.3 lap and at my age it was quite the achievement

Mick

Shane

I had a wet dream the other night about a 6.3 lap and at my age it was quite the achievement

Mick

it would have been all over in seconds Mick... Just like in reality

Shane

Mick

it would have been all over in seconds Mick... Just like in reality

Lot of tuning with our team car is going on but mainly at home lots of tweeks over the week end will see if they make the car faster or slower on Friday night.

Did hear the Bill J's car did a 6.5 mine was good for 6.6 but with old shot tyres. A lot will depend on the hand out motor.

Ray