Sign in to follow this  
tsmsoccer

Spirit Bmw 635

I managed to pick one of these up from overseas unfortunately as they are getting a bit rare and hard to find

BMW%20635_zpsrlg7qqex.jpg

Has anyone had any experience setting them up

Charlie

I have both this car and the jaegermaeister version, but have only tried tuning the jaeger.

Absolute mongrel out the box, tyres may have well been made out of concrete, axles crooked, and the ride too high. Very top heavy as well.

Lowered it slightly, added under the stepped chassis, new axles, and MJK tyres (I think) and it drives okay now. Would take a fair bit more fine tuning to turn it into a racer.

Mine has a twisted chassis so I need to sort that. Surprisingly the wheels were pretty good but I swapped the for alloy anyway.

I have been racing onevforvsome years.

Down graded the motor to an NC5, NSR tyres.

Sanded the bottom off the glass to allow the interior to be moved up in the body.the body posted could then be cut to lower the body over the chassis. The rear axle was shortened so the rear wheels could be moved in to clear the lowered body.

Now a very compeditive car in our Group A series

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Thanks guys sounds like I have a bit of work ahead of me. I do like the model though so I will start to work as soon as it arrives

Mine's pretty good. Tried the wheels, then urethanes, then a ninco blue motor to meet class regs and finally realised that the model is too young for our class structure.

Looks good though.