2015 Tasman Cup Wrap Up

Stubbo

As we did last year we are awarding a cash prize of $120 for the winner of the series.

Phil, I will send the money to you and you can pass it on to the Grandkids.

Ember was kind enough to donate 3 driver heads from Immense Miniatures.

These items are made by Marc Tyler in the USA and can be purchased unpainted. Lynne has painted these for us and they are;

Jack Brabham on the left, Graham Hill in the middle and Jim Clark on the right. Pretty obvious really.

Lynne and I have worked out that the winner will receive first choice, then

The "Best International" Charles will get the next choice and then,

The remaining head will go to the "Best First Time Builder", Rosco.

So Phil and Charles please make your choices.

I hope to have all the cars packed up and on their way early next week.

WP_20150723_001.jpg

WP_20150723_003.jpg

WP_20150723_004.jpg

WP_20150723_005.jpg

WP_20150723_009.jpg

Alan Stubbings

Thanks Alan and also to Ember for the great painted heads.

I know Phil/GK's have first choice but based on bodies I have waiting in the wings my picks are Jim Clark for Lotus 25 then Graham Hill for BRM P261.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Thanks Stubbo! Not! The two boys no problems, they want a monster truck kit each to convert! The girls are a different story, one found an American Girl doll , but needs a BIT more money! Guess who will be doing the topup?

The other one has birthday money still, So may only need a little bit of help for some new clothes.

They did decide that POP could have the drivers head for his nice green and gold car. So Jack it will be for the BT19.

So my ears and wallet both will be hurt.

So, Black Jack goes overseas to Tassie. Jim gets a trip to New Zealand and Mr Hill visits the rolling green of the outer east of Melbourne.

Well done everyone.

A little news on the Immense Miniatures front, they now have Jackie Stewart available and are about to release free standing driver bodies in two heights.

11754261_876285965741227_4342721934086986480_n.png?oh=a12496764f004339196445639f5855c8&oe=5659650A

The tall figure scales out at around 6' tall and is suitable for drivers such as Graham Hill and Dan Gurney. The shorter option is around 5'6" for less statuesque drivers. Those wishing to make representations of Tiny Lund or Leo Geoghegan will need to apply some bulking agent.

Marc has also recently taken delivery of his own hi-res 3D printer and will hopefully soon be re-prototyping a couple of the heads that were proving troublesome.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks for the update Lynne, I am about to order from them.

Thank you for the Black Jack Head, I hope people appreciate how long it takes to paint one so well.

The girls and I have just completed another group of figures for the track. Painting them did manage to keep us busy many afternoons during the holidays.

Edited by kalbfellp

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I am very humbled to be receiving anything but my little car back.

I feel a quite a bit undeserving for this very generous award folk.

Thank you Lynne - I was "chatting" with you in emails whilst you were painting these.. I do appreciate just how much time and effort you put into each one.

Graham Hill would have been my first choice - so again, I am ever so grateful for being bestowed with such an honor - and an absolutely perfect outcome in driver's head choice - thank you all.

frats,

Rosco

Alan,

The three Canuck cars arrived today along with their miscellaneous bits and pieces. After a short restoration process, my Brabham will retire to a special paddock reserved for returned warriors. Thanks for the photo keepsakes. Mine has already found its place in the bookcase with my other slot racing memorabilia.

Stewart