4orceracing

Slotworx V8 4 Hour Endurance - Bonogin Valley Raceway

Sunday August 16 2015 will see the inaugural running of the Slotworx V8 Endurance at Bonogin Valley Raceway (BVR), Gold Coast. Invited are both individuals and teams of 4.

The race format is as follows:

- 4 Hours duration per team (1 hour per lane x 4 lanes)

- Teams of 4 drivers (Individuals will be allocated to teams)

- Each driver will drive must drive 15 minutes per lane (+/- 30 seconds for driver change)

- Cars are Slotworx V8's and are to be supplied by BVR & EE.au

- Each car will remain on the lane of their colour

- Number of teams will be no less than 4, maximum will be 6.

- Entry fee to be determined by numbers. Fee $20 per driver to help cover trophy, wear and tear on cars and includes lunch.

Teams:

1. JESTERS

- Jan

- Mark

- Jamie

- Sean

2. DV8's

- Bruce

- Rodney

- Kim

3. TEAM KIWI

- Grant

- Gerald

- Dean

- Rick

4. NERANGBA

- Andrew

- Simon

- Alan

- Rick

The emphasis on the day will be to enjoy yourself and the facilities at BVR. Introduce new drivers to the track and the Slotworx V8 class.

10:30am Track to open

12:00pm Lunch

1:00pm Racing

6:00pm End of Day

There are 3 spots available for individual drivers. Interest via this thread or by PM.

Edited by 4orceracing

A reminder that there is a test and tune day this coming Sunday (Jul 19), starting at 10:30am, for anyone interested in trying the track prior to the Enduro on August 16.

Anyone interested let me know so I can get my address to you. Cost $5 for the day and I'll have a BBQ available for anyone wishing to bring something to cook up for lunch for themselves.

Hey Mark, what time does racing start.. and which classes up first. Got a bit of a family thing happening but will be coming for a race or two... and I'll bring a sausage

Expect to run races from 2:00pm but if we have the numbers earlier we'll have a run then too. Slotworx V8's will head up the show, maybe even run 5 minute brackets followed by Scale Auto 1:24 and Modern GT 1:24.

The main aim for the day is to help guys familiarise themselves with the layout so whatever guys have in the box bring along. If enough of us have a particular class we'll give it a go, 1:32 and 1:24.

Looking forward to seeing how the Narangba classes like the VW Beelte go too..

Look forward to catching up Sunday...

G'day Mark

Looking forward to seeing how you blokes go with your Enduro . We had a 3hr one last night here at Dapto , awesome fun . 1700 odd laps and 2 cars on same lap split by about a metre . So close and so much fun , first time for a lot to do an Enduro including my self so rules were a little relaxed but still invoiced . Great spirit and quite a few guys from Sydney and even one from Canberra . I'm sure with that great track you have their it will be a great event . Looking forward to seeing the results , have fun .

Cheers Pagey

Thanks Pagey.

Sorry for the late reply but been head down butt up with the 1:1 V8's at Ipswich for the past week. I was a part of the event secretary team and have been working on that event and Townsville since about April. For me GC600 is next.

We're looking forward to the enduro. We've developed the 4 "club" cars Jimmy built us to where they are within a couple of hundredths on the same lane. Everyone will drive every car and every lane but it's good to have close racing each bracket.

That's awesome the racing was so close down there. It's a testament to the class Cam has worked so hard to develop. Win or lose, close racing is a buzz!

I'm hoping to start to finalise the teams this weekend allowing for the odd late change.

The Bonogin Valley Raceway inaugural Slotworx Aussie V8 4 hour Enduro has been run and won. What great racing and what terrific comradery between all guys and teams. Congratulations to the winners and a big thank you to all those who competed.. After 4 hours just 123 laps covered the entire field which included both experienced and 1st timers to endurance racing. This is further testament to the great class Cam has put together.

On 1887 laps our winners were DV8, Bruce, Rod and Kim. Just 21 laps back were the Jesters, Jamie, Sean, Jan and Mark. Only 44 laps behind them were Team Kiwi with Grant, Gerald, Dean and Rick. A special thank you to the guys from Narangba making the trek down to support BVR. This is testament to slot car racing in SEQ is healthy with one another supporting each other's event. Roll on the inter club challenge that's on the drawing board at the moment!

If anyone would like to be a part of our great hobby and join us for weekly events at a venue somewhere in SEQ let me know.

Big thanks to you and your family for putting on a great day Mark. The day started well with the lunch provided and track in perfect condition. You had obviously put in a lot of time getting the 4 V8's you provided race ready as they all had very similar in performance. We got lucky with out "AM" driver draw - Rod who drove really well to keep us at the front. Cams V8 formula is a winner and I can highly recommend this as a class all scale tracks should run.

P.S.post some pics when you can.

Edited by axman

Hi guys,

It has all been said - great class, great day, great enduro, great mates, great lunch. Thank you very much Mark and Leisa. Thank you, Jamie, Sean and Mark for my trophy.

The SRP25 motors worked flawlessly and were so equal it was amazing to watch....

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

A very nice field of Slotworx V8's Mark,looks like the Queenslanders are warming to Cams concept.Have seen quite a few of those cars before,about 8 if my memory serves me right,I'll do a group pic of the X-Treme V8's on Thursday night to show you how they are advancing down here.Cheers Jimmy :D :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Hi Jimmy,

yes as you know, along with you guys, we were one of the first to embrace the class as a group. The 4 cars you built for both Jan and I as "club cars" have had small runs from time to time but this was the main event I had invested in them for. This was originally scheduled to be raced early in the year but circumstances outside anyone's control saw it only run now. I am looking to run a yearly event but with the drivers using their own cars from now on.

We have a very healthy group of cars up here now, this is but a very small sample. It is a class that is genuinely being accepted nationally and a class that will be great for running at national events and for inter club challenges. You have some great builders down your way with Pagey and yourself being 2 of the best.

I look forward to seeing photos of the way the cars are developing!!!

Well done Mark and all the lucky drivers who got to enjoy your fantastic facility . They are as you have said a close and very drive able class of car . It's awesome to see so many Slotworx cars up North . Hope that one day we can all get them on the same track some were . Thanks for the kind words about my builds , it's only due to the nature of our club . Sharing of knowledge and some very experienced guys are what has improved us all . Looking forward to more race reports Mark , great work again . Cheers Pagey .