Gantry Light Bridge

2 replies to this topic

#1 Datsun510

Video Game Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

I recently decided to change my old clunky light gantry with a new easy to service slimline version. (the old gantry can be viewed in the ACT section of tracks). I found some half round Aussie Duct at the local Office Works outlet, the beauty of this duct is that it is hinged, perfect for accessing the emitters. All I did was cut it to the correct width, drilled 3 holes for the emitters (ensuring that they lined up perfectly with the sensors set in the lanes) manufactured 2 steel supports and attached them with small angle brackets I had laying around. Installed the emitters, painted the gantry, attached to the track and voila... new slim line gantry, total cost $8 odd.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

That's slick !!!
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#3 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

Very nice job...
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users