Sign in to follow this  
Camber

Pc Startup Into Practice

Just wondering if code can be entered into the startup command in XP to start up directly into practice.

I have the PC starting with the RC executing, but would like to go one step further into practice.

Hoo Roo

I have got it to go that far, it would be nice to have it start up directly into practice if possible.

Hoo Roo

As far as I can tell, your only option would be to email Dave to see if Race Coordinator has any command line parameters that can be used to auto start a race...

PS. if you do get a solution, I know a couple of others who would be interested in it...

You could maybe write a command script that uses one of the many sendkeys apps i.e. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/SendKeys.shtml to send key strokes to the RC window, not tried this but if you can use key strokes to start a practice session then it should work for you.

If you are a coder of any sort you could write this pretty quickly in VB, which I think supports a sendkeys interface, again never done this, just a thought.

There's a subsection on another slot forum that dave is now using for a single point of reference, and there is a new requests thread ongoing if you want to add it to that? Sorry not sure if I can post a link to it.

If anyone is still interested in this, I've written a script using autoit that starts rc and runs practice mode. I can supply the script or it can be compiled into an exe that can be added to your startup progs.

Cheers

Slingshot

OK the code is below, you will need to download AutoIt first from https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/.

You can either run the script (call it startRCPractice.au3) or you can compile it into an exe and add it to your PC startup. I've provided the source since you'll probably want to change the location of RC, the commands that get run or the timings.

Hopefully its self explanatory, but it simply emulates you doing key presses, so if it works with you pressing the tab key followed by the 'p' key that is how the script will do it. Problems you may have:-

Timings too short for your PC startup.

Different version of RC may have different tab order and controls.

Mulitple races starting with 'p' so it selects a different one.

Another Window pops up taking focus so the key presses go to the wrong window.

Anyway hope it helps, it's pretty straightforward once you've had a play.

Local $screenTitle = "Race Day Setup"
; Run RC from the specified location.
Local $iPID = Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Race Coordinator\RaceCoordinator.exe", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Race Coordinator")
; Wait upto 60 seconds for the main RC window to appear.
WinWait($screenTitle, "", 60)
; Wait for 5 seconds.
Sleep(5000)
; Make sure the RC window is active before sending commands
WinActivate($screenTitle)
; Send 17 tabs and then space to set to single race, and then 2 tabs and P to select practice from the drop down
Send("{TAB 17}{SPACE}{TAB 2}P")
; Send the start race shortcut (ALT+r)
send("^r")
Exit