Pattos Decals

Terry

Some of you would have used the "new" pattos decals the all in one type where you buy the full body wrap sheet.

Has anyone got any feedback are they difficult to use, I'm use to the older water slide types and now Bruce has introduced the new body wrap type I'm a bit hesitant.

My thought would be that I would paint the car then cut out the appropriate decal and apply,is that what you are doing?

Terry

Terry,

One of our cunning crew asked Patto to print in reverse (mirror) and then applied to interior of clear lexan body, this particular one was a camry nascar, trimming only to prevent creases, looked good and is bash proof.

unless its going on a patto body they dont fit other brands. you can ask him to remove the back ground color and then you can paint it in afterwards. the boys have found an acrillic paint starts with a "J" most art suppliers have it. dont forget pattos decals (water slides) dont like "hot" paints over them

I've used Bruces' decals for years now and by and large I've had no problems,but this new range of full body decals does worry me,I should have been more specific when I saw Brooksys' work on the V8 repaints I thought that was a great way to tart up a couple of tardy Supercars I have here.

Phil, Bruce mentioned on his web page that his peel and stick variety are a 'new" formula and we should be giving those a go.

I have some from Bruce which just arrived so I will report back on how they fare

I'm pretty sure Gazza used some full wrap decals on a couple of Scaley XB Falcons. I assumed at the time they were Patto's. Looking for the thread, but it's buried fairly deep by the looks.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

This from March last year ........

Picked up some of Patto's peal and stick vinyl transfers the other day, http://www.auslot.co...6-patto-decals/

so with bugger all to do today, i transformed this ......

DSC08217_zpsfcb3175c.jpg

Into this ......

DSC08216_zpsdd24ca6c.jpg

It was mainly done as an experiment also it'll be the car that will be raced, so keeping it pristine was never a problem

The transfers aren't to bad, the sides fit pretty good with minimal trimming

F-CityFrd-1975-32.jpg

The bonnet and boot are ok the roof is just a fraction too small, which meant a quick mix of a few colours to get a red that looked similar

Same thing with the gold, the transfers for the front and rear bumpers didn't cover to well so it was easier just to paint them.

I didn't prep the body, i just stuck the transfers straight over the top, even so you can see some of the No9 through the red

All in all was it worth it, i think so, as i said it's for the track, and i'll know which is mine out of the dozen XB's running

------------------------------------

In the 15 months that it's been on the XB it has stood up to the riggers of racing very well, no sign of it pealing or ripping

Would i do another one ...... yep, have to as they bought the 25 out, now have to find another one for November

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017