Rnd 2 Scotland

Scuderia_Turini

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky buggers.

I thought there was another Aussie round before the overseas trip. But obviously I was mistaken in that idea.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Fairy Nuff. Besides, things are on catchup after the IoM cars were delayed anyway.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hello all,

I gave the cars a quick look over and then ran them in the shakedown session to see how they run. I ran each car for three minutes, aiming to set a best lap time to give an indication of the cars' potential, to check their road-worthiness and to enjoy myself driving them.

Results are below, but first the bad news. The first car I unpacked had damage to the rear roof pillars. Being Phil Kalbfell's Ford Focus I was pretty dismayed that for the second year, his car has suffered in transit. The pieces (rear window, side windows and tail-lights) were all in the carefully wrapped individual packaging. No obvious signs of damage to the overall box. Looks like this is last year's car repaired, but the repair has not withstood the journey from Australia to Scotland. I will make the car look presentable, but ran it as it was. The Gazza and Martyn/Snurfen cars have light lenses missing but no sign of them so I assume they started out in this state.

I recorded the session which you can find on YouTube link below. Its an hour and a half long, but you can reasonably easily find your own car by doing a bit of maths and jumping to the time-line. Running Order is: 2, 9, 11, 13, 14, 17, 19, 20, 25, 27. 35, 36, 46, 49, 59, 66, 72, 81, 88, 82, 111. Each car runs for 3 minutes plus an introduction.

Apologies for the commentary and cinematography (LOL), I'll try to do better next time. In reality, sorting out the video has taken about three times the time involved in running the session, so I'm not promising to record the stages. Hope to run 4 stages over the next couple of weeks before moving the cars onwards to Wales.

Leo

Scotland Shakedown times:-

18797242901_23dcf99fd8.jpg

Phil's Ford Focus:-

18750225445_ea64b3996b_b.jpg

The Shake, Shake, Shake (sorry, couldn't resist referencing Taylor Swift): -

Edited by Scuderia_Turini
Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

WTF 2 years in a row, at least last years was on the return leg, this one on the way out, someone at one of the post offices enjoys playing foot ball with a box from Oz

Not a very clear picture, but you can see everything is intact during Craig's round

DSC_0299_zpsv02pzlcr.jpg

See if you can patch it up, one of the rear tail lights was missing off mine from the start, and i think the same was with Martyns

DSC_0061_zpsfjzjcvna.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Have managed to get Phil's Ford looking OK and fairly robust. Not as neat as Phil's own handywork, but presentable. Have fitted a strut inside to hold the roof up as I think it was flexing and hence pushed out the lights and tail-glass. Apologies to Phil but I have messed up the near-side windows a bit where the glue reacted with the window decal. Hence photo below shows the good side...

Hoping to get the first stage run tomorrow evening (Tuesday) with my brother doing the driving and another on Thursday evening with 1:1 car friend Willie helping whilst I do the driving.

Phil's Focus after the plastic surgery... the rear was all in pieces so a bit fragile to work with.

18656804768_a121e729b5.jpg

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Great effort,thank you very much.

This entry has been a drama, after last years body was decapitated, Gazza sent me a replacement, that took some time to arrive!

I managed to build this one from the two bodies.

Maybe should have tried to rebuild the old Pug!

Hey Leo , how was the box looking as I put enough packing around the inside of it. Bloody postal mob . Not good when cars get damaged.Good work on fixing Phils car.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Yo Craig, the box is undamaged and the individual packaging was all sound including the Focus. I think its just the way that Phil had stripped and rebuilt his car - the glue didn't hold to the plastic of the bodyshell.

Looks like someone read the declaration note, but tore the top corner. If you can send me the source document, I will print a new one. Email address via PM.

Leo

Hello All,

We ran Stage 1 on Tuesday evening with my brother Adrian doing the driving and me on admin and marshalling. No serious "offs" just a few de-slots so all went OK. I got some photographs but have not had time to crop and tidy them. I'll mention Ember's car with the F1 champions - I asked Adrian to identify them and he got Graham Hill immediately, had to give him a hint that the driver was Australian and when he came back with "Mark Webber", I scowled and he said "Jack Brabham". This could turn in to a side-competition...

Will post up photos soon, meanwhile here are the times. Congratulations to all, no cars gave us any hassle.

We just ran another stage this evening, will post up the results in wee while.

Leo

18875941051_8b538c3182_z.jpg

Can't believe he thought Sir Jack was Mark Webber. Mark is almost as angular as Mr Hill was. Happy to know that my little car is keeping the elves entertained. It's certainly not doing it by performance.

Congrats to the first Stage winners, Keith, Chas and Snurf.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

OK, here are the few snaps I got from Stage 1 - sorry but not all cars are included. They are all genuine action shots.

This stage consisted of two rally "loops" with track laid down between them to form the layout.

18982963312_37279f8378_z.jpg

18802188969_ed4bd2744c_z.jpg

18962116886_e8c97c77af_z.jpg

18367695363_cc781da18c_z.jpg

18800704268_24d27e2749_z.jpg

18800701608_22115fcf60_z.jpg

18982919302_e5b055c115_z.jpg

18982912242_10a2abaf8d_z.jpg

18982961042_db5aa1814e_z.jpg

18800700008_056d2890e9_z.jpg

Excellent photos.

My car preferred stage 2, hopefully stages 3,4,5,6 &7 will be run on the same stage!!!!!

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion