Could someone let me know what is available please? I want the four or six car system depending on the day but want to know what third party add ons people have built since I last looked a number of years ago. ;)

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

Your up brissy now aern't you, if so come out to JohnsXR8 place @ nerangba next Friday and have a chat.

His setup uses a few of the "aftermarket addons" and is the brains this end of town on digital.

It is a very relaxed atmosphere, even me as a Kiwi is accepted, shows how relaxed it is.

Can't remember where you ended up but I go from way south to way north so could offer a lift if need be.

In the meantime forget 4 car, go for APB 6car.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

6 car Advanced Power Base, quite easy to use on its own once you get the hang of it.

Pit Pro Deluxe, sensors in and out of the pits.

Straight lane changers (XLC's), Curved laned changes (CLC's), 4 types from memory (I think Scaley have stopped making these though)

Scalextric Sport Digital Console (SSDC) or Race Coordinator programs for your PC

Apparently there is the new 'Arc' digital system coming out, but you might have to wait some time yet.

I've had the Scaley 6 car APB for a few years now, great for the kids with the different power settings (I've got a 10,7 and 5 yr olds) whether you use it in analogue mode or digital mode.

Matt

I have a lot (a lot) of Analog cars. Obviously I can't afford to change them all over. Am I able to run the track as an Analog as first mooted? If JohnXR8 would like to host a newbie I'm up behind Goodna in Bellbird Park. I'll just have to fix it with the (bread earning) missus.

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

As the others have said, don't bother with the 4 car digital powerbase. It's not worth the plastic it's made out of.

The Advanced PowerBase however, is a completely different matter.

Firstly, it is the best Scalextric Digital powerbase available at the moment.

Then, when you switch to Analog mode, you can run any analog car on it.

Lastly, connect it to a PC with an USB cable, and even more options open up.

The only weak point I've found with it is the damn controllers.

Replace them with the Slot.it digital controller, or with one of the TruSpeed ones, and then it's perfect...

• Upvote 1

PM sent

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Eno you are welcome to come along to a racemeet we have cars and controllers for new drivers to experience digital and while your there I can tell you all you need to know about scalextric digital

Cheers John

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

I have a lot (a lot) of Analog cars. Obviously I can't afford to change them all over. Am I able to run the track as an Analog as first mooted? If JohnXR8 would like to host a newbie I'm up behind Goodna in Bellbird Park. I'll just have to fix it with the (bread earning) missus.

Yes Eno you can run Analogue, one as a pace car if you like to race against. I actually use my APB in Analogue mode most of the time unless the kids want to have a play then I'll switch it over to digital so the three of them can run laps at the same time.

I've only got about 10 digital chips which I can switch between cars, 2 for F1's, 2 of the soldered in variety and 6 of the quick change chips which I interchange between cars when the need arises. I was lucky that when I did purchase my chips from the UK some time back the Aussie dollar was stronger than the US dollar so I didn't pay a fortune for them.

cheers

Matt

Rusty you left out the best controller for SSD, and Aussie made. :)

Edited by aussieslotter

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

Yes the scorpius is a great controller, but unfortunately it only works in conjunction with a rms.