Roll Cage

Wobble

Easiest thing is Evergreen Styrene rod or tube available from most hobby shops.

You can also use the scrap runner trees in plastic model kits.

Chuppa Chup sticks, some plastic drinking straws are small enough, ink refill out of ball point pens, etc, etc.

Steve K.

Unsure of what size tubing is used in 1/1 cars but had a look inside a couple of Scaley cars and the roll cages in those didn't look to be much more than 1mm so based my choice on that. Fortunately no ones going to be looking inside and it's only to satisfy the rules which require one.

b301ce59-93af-4407-ae8b-4ee0a62e4596_zpsunpgrokf.jpg

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

91EB457B-2D0E-447A-BB89-7D8DD8685D1B_zpsau17weop.jpg

These are my interiors I do for the slotworx 1/24 v8s . Same as I have done in 1/32 previously . I only do the bar work were you can see it easily from outside view to keep weight down . I use styrene tube , simple warm it up under running hot water on bend point and slowly bend it in your fingers . Hold it in shape until it cools again . Limited by your own imagination .

cheers Pagey

No Mr Wobble you missed the point , great having a go that's more than half the fun . Yours looks good , if we are able to pass on info on this great hobbie ,we all have more fun . Keep up the great work mate .

Cheers Pagey

I like yours Wobble it will look good inside the car. Maybe you could add some slightly thicker bits over the sections near the drivers head and paint it black like the Armaflex/foam rubber they use to stop their helmets banging on them. A little more detail to add to the realism.