chrisfromcrewe

Tonight Australia Enters Europe

Good luck everybody tonight Australia will enter the Eurovision song contest for the first (and last) time. You are a bit far away for the block voting syndrome, Greece will vote for Cypress and vice versa, Latvia will vote for Lithuania and Estonia, Russia will vote for Georgia, Serbia will vote for Slovenia Germany for Austria etc etc. Expect a big vote for Oz from the UK. ...................Most coming from Earls Court.

Stay up and have fun. Anyway good luck and try not to take it too seriously. I'm told if you do win then someone within Europe will become a surrogate host for next year. Guess who.

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

Couldn't watch the final live...Too tired from flu, but going to watch the replay tonight. And then it's on to Monaco.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

It was never serious , Eurovision ??? They've been singing the same bloody song for forty years ,,,,absolute trash . Aways has been , always will be zero musicality .

• Upvote 1

No one ever claimed it was serious. Goodness. More camp than a scout jamboree. That's what makes it so much fun.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Austria Australia

I recall a joke going around when John Howard threw our lot in with the US when 9/11 occured...

"They're going to be scared of reprisals in Vienna". (the assumption was of course no-one really knew where Australia was.)

A wise man once said... "Its not the mistakes you make , its how you respond to them that matters."

(It wasn't me)

Yeah Karkraft I got that ,,,,, hey Ember i spent my childhood in Scotland dumbfounded as to why such banalities got an audience,, 50 odd years later some very odd having been a pro muso for many of them , I'm no more enlightened. 😀

Ah what can I say Australia 5th in the Eurovision so called song contest and the UK 24th with 5 points , and nil votes for us from Australia I believe chuckle , oh well we are used to our world friends all voting for us, didn't watch it myself last time was Abba Waterloo then I realised there was more to life :o