Rnd 1 Minto Rally Park

teamredracing

Hi all , we've finally got this Proxy underway. Firstly I gave the cars run on friday . 3.cars had prblems. Knealer, your car seems to be binding from what looks like the guards. Bigmanrallies ,know this is your first proxy your motor sounds tight , give it a bit of oil to see if it changes. Alexis , usual thing for plastic hubs , wheel came loose . Nothing a bit of super glue can fix . Other than that the others came through ok.

Gazza and I ran stage 1 yesterday . My middle section gave a few cars grief , wth good runs up until that section. Doesn't matter how fast or slow you come into these esses , if the car doesn' like it , it will come off causing a second to be lost every time . Example , Embers , quick car , little twitchy but up until the esses ,disaster. Got say that the SCX cars are the only manufacture that does it. Never have probs with other , only the drivers that cant get used to them and Gas4it can tell you w hat there like. Anyway enough drbble , I will post up the first stage in a little while before Gaz gets here to help me do stage 2. Gaz will be doing the usual taking of the pics as well.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hooray we're underway, looking forward to this, the final season of SCX cars.

Good luck with the round chaps.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Had nearly forgotten about this proxy. Hope it goes well Craig. Seems I've forgotten how to build a nice solid rally car.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

20150516_121832_zpsxc279iru.jpg

20150516_172439_RichtoneHDR_zps0zvg2bov.jpg

Ok heres the results to the 1st stage . I'll post these up and we will be back out in the garage for the next stage. I'll post those results up tommorrow. This was a 10 lap stage . I love these not so many cars round. Anyway congrats to the podiumites

Rnd%201%20Minto%20Rally%20Park_zpsy4xzszcy.jpg

Will post up what your cars did after everything done and dusted

Cheers Craig

DSC_0021_zpsctpoclvd.jpg

DSC_0025_zpslyps2uv3.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsa4gpm48c.jpg

DSC_0103_zpsf0g2sytm.jpg

DSC_0111_zpsp4dpj8kl.jpg

DSC_0048_zpsz3mazqxm.jpg

DSC_0204_zps6u4p0tjz.jpg

DSC_0078_zpsnspvyl0j.jpg

DSC_0163_zpszantpsqj.jpg

DSC_0156_zps7f9uucwz.jpg

DSC_0118_zpsyegc6wnl.jpg

DSC_0243_zpsxntapys4.jpg

DSC_0363.2_zpsxokvtj8x.jpg

DSC_0293_zpsw8rhegcf.jpg

DSC_0177_zpsqdcfkagi.jpg

DSC_0268_zpsomwtyfkt.jpg

DSC_0284_zpsnuuma6a2.jpg

DSC_0220_zpsnwz2tu0n.jpg

DSC_0376_zpshodktrb2.jpg

20150517_105805_zpsdliwica7.jpg

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Good to see Jack concentrating fiercely on the task at hand. But I think Graham looks a bit concerned. Must be the approach to the esses has him worried.

Well done to the Stage one podiumites.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I'm very happy to be at the pointy end. Bout time I sorted my car set up!!!!

Looking forward to the next stage.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Good to see Jack concentrating fiercely on the task at hand. But I think Graham looks a bit concerned. Must be the approach to the esses has him worried.

As it turned out Grahams concerns were well founded ......

DSC_0368_zps3gjtcilb.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I'm very happy to be at the pointy end. Bout time I sorted my car set up!!!! Looking forward to the next stage.
I'm happy to be a little blunter. Thanks to all invovled with the round, that's a great track. Is that an ice cream or a microphone in the fella from ZZ Tops hand? Edited by aquakiwi

Splendid !

Great that the wheels are rolling now (pun intended LOL). Situation normal for me - dicing for the lowest position. This is kind of like F1 - although I feel I have made an advance in performance, everyone else seems to have also :- (

Congratulations to all.

Leo

Like_1.gifLike Scuderia Turini on Facebook Please Vote Up my postings - green arrow at top right :- )

Well didnt Sunday bring a mixed bag with track conditions. With it be a bit colder the track was still coming to grip around 12.00ish. Anyway heres the second stage results . Again Congrats to the podiumites .

Stage%202%20Results%20v2_zpsotw2pshp.jpg

Good to see the french cars dominate the first 4 positions .

Craig

French car bookends.

Congratulations to the guys on the steps. Thanks for the run Craig.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Ok guys , I finished the totals for this round

Final%20Results%20total%20v1_zpsnol834z6.jpg

Congrats to Snurfen , Mtucker and Gas4it.

All 3 cars were great to drive with little problems with those darned esses. It will be interesting when they meet Mel's track as it is a bit more tighter than mine in places. Snurfens car may have an advantage as its been there before so his driver and navvy have the edge over the others. I will take a podium shot of the cars and post it up as well.

I may be looking at changing the middle section of my track in the future as it is showing its age. I will put up some car info over the next couple of days . But most of the cars were fun to drive with little problems. It was more of the course that bit this time rather than the cars with problems .I think Mark (Miveson) is still doing our points tally :huh: so I'll leave it up to him to post it up.

I have to admit I get a bit disheartened with the amount of use my rally track gets as the only time its being used these days is in proxy's .Don't get me wrong as it is a bit of a job setting it up and having to pull it down to get the road track back in the garage especially in times of rain but I enjoy doing the Proxy's both WRP and OZ as I get to drive other cars and see how different set ups work and don't work and also seeing which tyre compounds work as well. Any way enough whinging from me as its off to Mels next for Rnd 2 of this years WRP . All the best to all involved both entered and hosting . May the best French car win :P:D:lol:

Cheers Craig

Craig

Cheers Craig. Thanks for getting things up and running. Will be interesting to see how things pan out from here. Congratulations to those at the pointy end. Loks like the poms have started where they left off.......

Oh, maybe you need a smaller track (or a bigger house)

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Thanks Craig for running the round, I think I may have put bigger spaces on the axles to try and keep the gear mesh tight than I needed too. Unfortunately the car never turned a wheel on a track before i posted it.

Congrats to the podium and all the other competitors too!

Cheers

Ryan

81_zps7655c7d9.png

The results tables are all spreadsheeted (new past tense verb?) aren't they?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Great start there Branco and Aquakiwi. I am well down the list.

You are doing a good job of holding the Kiwi flag.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Better results the next round Chas, your car must prefer the cooler conditions.

Have we a schedule of up coming rounds yet???

Edited by aquakiwi

OK folks. I can't promise to be as efficient as Mark has been. I can only promise that I will do my best.

Results table as at Round 1

R1_table_zpsl5ivuger.jpg

And the support acts

R1_subs_zpspexbwue9.jpg

If I have anyone's information recorded incorrectly, please let me know.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg