Sign in to follow this  
Rhyse_the_Wombat

Waterslide Decal Paper Printing Adelaide

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone knows any good decal printing places in Adelaide that you can give them a file and they print on the paper or they can sell you some waterslide decal paper to print on at home. Ebay does have some paper but I am hesitant as they are expensive and seem shabby.

Many Thanks

the_Wombat

You can print your own with some planning as long you don't need white on clear paper. Otherwise there are members here that can print opaque and white decals on clear paper for you. Both Stubbo and Kalbfelp (Phil) are able to do that. There might be others as well.

Or you may find the decals for the livery you desire are already available from Patto's Place .

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I print my own... test print on just plain white paper for your sizing. anything with white writing needs to be printed on a white sheet. depending on your body colour some darker colour print well on clear paper. you still need to cut all your decals out unlike tamiya etc etc.

message me, we'll talk :)

Edited by imugford

I haven't found any Laser Decal Paper that works in a laser either.

Can anyone suggest a supplier of something that works?

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Gday Rhyse I have a sheet of Clear water slide paper I will give you on Friday to try out. This stuff is from Ebay and you can print on it with a normal ink type printer BUT you need the spray that water proofs the paper and keeps the ink there other wise it just runs away when you peel.

I dont have any of the spray left but the papers yours

Mick

Yes Rhyse its just an acrylic spray the one from spot light sounds like the go I have seen some of Mr imugfords home made decals and they are very very good.

Ps I have some sheets of white water slide as well they are all yours

Mick

Hi,

I have tried using both laser and inkjet decal paper, and I would stick to laser paper if you can. As others have said, you have to seal the inkjet paper sheet after printing, so the ink won't run. And this works fine IF you use all the decals straight away. However, I make up an A4 sheet of a multitude of decals, and use them as I need them. And what I found is that after a few weeks, no matter what sort of acrylic sealer or clear coat I used, it would eventually become brittle, and as you cut the decals out, minute cracks occur along the cuts, and the colours start to bleed around the outside. So unless you can use all the decals straight away, or are at least prepared to cut every single one of them out before the sealer becomes brittle, then you are probably better off using laser paper (assuming of course you have access to a colour laser printer - I use the ones at work).

You only need to seal the laser printed decals after you apply them to the car, and I have continued to cut out and use older decals for months or years after printing them. So I would never go back to using inkjet paper and printers unless i had no other choice.

I get my decal paper off ebay from a shop called renascentcollege. The paper is quite good quality for a reasonable price (10 sheets for $22), you can get clear and white, or a mixture, and you can buy in small or large quantities.

I think you'll find there are plenty of options available, and plenty of advice from the experts here.

Graeme

~~~~~~

(Life is like a sewer....................What you get out of it depends on what you put into it!)

My Website

Hi GRT.

If you use Testors Decal Debonder I think you will find even inkjet ones will last. You need to put on 2-3 coats.

Regards Chas Le Breton