Scratchbuilders Roll Call

5 shilling postal notes took weeks to save when your pocket money was 2/6 Finally after some time even months its arrived.

I remember buying those, from memory you were only allowed to by one at a time, even if you had birthday money.

Gotta love internet shopping, and postal air services. Those ships were really slow, the magazines were all 6 months old by the time they arrived.

• 2 weeks later...
In my case there are so many boxes that I now have expanded into a shipping container, the 9m x 9 m shed is just too small.

May be a time for a clean out again.

Let us know, Phil and we will get a working bee sorted.

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

• 5 months later...

Hi Munter,

This is my first post on the forum, and your roll call prompted me to write.

Whilst not doing a lot of scratchbuilding right now, I am amassing a fair few resins and slot car for repaints for the future.

However, this is with a purpose of building a collection of cars that have been raced in Australia.

Eg, Scalex 250Fs for Stan Jones and Arnold Glass' cars, a Revell Nascar Ford Galaxie for the one that Lex Davidson drove, an MRRC hardtop Cobra for Ron Thorp's green unit, Pendle's resin Daimler SP250 kit for the black one that the Geoghans drove at Bathurst.

Half the fun so far is working out what kit you can obtain to make the race car.

Cheers

Welcome, welcome.

Great first post there.

Looking forward to seeing some of those.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Stolen%20From%20SlotsNZ.gif

Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader

(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track

Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection

Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector / Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

• 1 month later...

I must be more patient. I must be more patient. I must be more patient.

I have been working on a Pre-Add Maserati 4CLT, I rushed misting oin the top coat and wrinkled the decals, then to add insult to injury, instead of going to the shed to get proper tape I held the exhaust on with tape (I thought was masking), from the drawer and tore the decals properly. Grrrr...

SwBAtJ7l.jpg

I still need to finish painting the driver - my least favoured job, and glue and true tyres.

• Upvote 1