The Slot.it Shootout - Classic Challenge - North Vs. South

11059464_776462069128076_7362464891999422120_n.jpg?oh=6974533967195fb4036ff2104f95c781&oe=55E394E9&__gda__=1439047135_bb2ca8c243038b7f1724d582d715ed44

The Shootout is a race series being held the weekend of 21st to 23rd August - practice 21st, racing the following 1 1/2 days.

A race for Slot.it Classic cars. A chance for the northerners and southerners to battle it out in a fun and friendly environment.

Field is limited to twenty four entries, and we will reserve space for 12 entries from each Island until 30th June.

Entry form with full details of the event available for download from here.

With the blessingof Tony, the rules are very similar to the NSR Challenge next month in Nelson, which will help those who have raced in the first event to get into tuning mode for the Shootout.

ENTRY FORM

We already have 8 confirmed entries - 4 from each Island, so the initial choice of car models and liveries is already shrinking.

Get in quick to secure the model and livery you prefer. Entry fee is $80 which gets you the race event car, a set of Slot.it tyres in your preferred choice of formulation, morning and afternoon tea throughout the event, and a lunch Saturday.

We'll have dinner at a local restaurant Saturday night, which will be entrants own cost.

It's going to be a blast.

17389_776466362460980_6833225538702029510_n.jpg?oh=f29f3d947eebd27b54f789ae88ca2b65&oe=55C83646&__gda__=1440506337_dea6510205eaab5fdf9a125383fbc084

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this event. Nice to have a different race format.

Let the trash talk begin.........

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

I'm in.

I'll throw in a Magnum of Champagne (the real stuff) for the winner and bottles of Champagne for the other place getters.

Very nice of you sir but you realise you will be driving whilst wearing a blindfold!!!

Mark,

while you got all them in one picture, can you please advise me of the wheelbase of the GT40 compared to the Matra. when you got time.....

john

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

I'm in.

I'll throw in a Magnum of Champagne (the real stuff) for the winner and bottles of Champagne for the other place getters.

Very nice of you sir but you realise you will be driving whilst wearing a blindfold!!!

I can taste those bubbles now

and Mark M with Mac wearing a blindfold will make no difference

as he can already do that

better practice those nerfing skills

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Looking forward to this. I haven't decided which car to use though.

Let me try and find a slow one - - to level the field :) :)

Actually, at lest one entrant has one of every possible model so far except a Chaparral.

Just head for the category with the list of available models and liveries on the SRS site.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Mark,

while you got all them in one picture, can you please advise me of the wheelbase of the GT40 compared to the Matra. when you got time.....

john

gt40 wheelbase 75mm

matra wheelbase is 80mm

thanks MAC. my matra has been smashed, and is split at front. i may try the gt40 as replacement. you recon 10mm slot it rims fit under the rear guards?

Shed People Mutual Admiration Society

2 times Australian National Champion

1991-Flexicar 1999- Group 12 Sedan

Looking forward to this. I haven't decided which car to use though.

Let me try and find a slow one - - to level the field :) :)

Actually, at lest one entrant has one of every possible model so far except a Chaparral.

Just head for the category with the list of available models and liveries on the SRS site.

Does that mean the full range of models is open back up again? I know you explained it to me but im easily confused.

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion

Does that mean the full range of models is open back up again? I know you explained it to me but im easily confused.

Success, now if I can just translate that into confusion at a start line sometime soon . . . . :)

Choose here

Do you think the Matra with the yellow accents will be out in time? I know it's not listed but was hoping it might be available.

5 x National Champion

Hi Craig,

no sorry, it is scheduled for September/October, that's why I haven't put it in that section

- there are a couple of Classics not YET available, which will be out in time - they are on the list.

This GT40

ca18d-2.jpg

And this McLaren

ca26d-1.jpg

But not the next Matra.

I have (already) had people asking if they are able to make certain other modifications to their cars.

I am impressed by the early enthusiasm and disturbed at the level of rat-cunning in your immediate thinking.

I thought both the letter of the rules and the "spirit" was clear, with the inclusion of the list or permitted changes and

"No other modifications are permitted unless approved by race organiser prior to event."

However to add further clarification.

No - you cannot swap the standard guide for wood guide.

No - you cannot drill your chassis

No - you cannot substitute specifically lightened parts like lexan interior

No - you cannot drill out body material in "places not seen when assembled" to lighten it

No - you cannot swap the standard pinion for an Ergal pinion

No - you cannot swap the 11 tooth pinion for any other gearing

No - you cannot swap the standard spur gear for a lightened spur gear

No - you cannot drill holes in the standard spur gear to lighten it

No - you cannot use brass rod as weight to brace the chassis

No - you cannot use a brass brace on the motor/pod (and the sidewinders do not need one anyway)

That in all should give some further insight as to how the car tune and permissible changes are considered.

It is pretty much stock parts as supplied, blueprinted.

All I can say is, you people have devious minds - - sigh, and I have to race against some of you each week... rofl.gif

ps, the forum says thanks so much for the collection of general tuning tips rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Yes, - you may remove the small choke which runs between the two motor wires. 20/6/15

Mark, just a couple of pesky questions

Do the front tyres need to be a constant diameter?

Is tyre treatment allowed?

5 x National Champion

"No other modifications are permitted unless approved by race organiser prior to event."

that statement does open it up to asking if some mod's are allowed

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Mark, just a couple of pesky questions

Do the front tyres need to be a constant diameter?

Is tyre treatment allowed?

my understanding is it the same as the GRP C nationals

expect you can have adjustable front axle height with use of grub screws if the car comes standard with that option

you can not modify it to do that

and you can add weight

is that correct Mark

Edited by David Carter

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Craig, not not the SAME as the group C Nationals rules, SIMILAR in spirit and principle.

ie stock parts, blueprinted glue ad trues etc - as opposed to a "modified" or "open" class where pretty much anything goes

No - Tyres must be constant diameter.

Setting front height is specifically covered in the rules.

Front axle height adjusting screws may be fitted if chassis has this option, or the front axle inserts glued in place.

Weight is also covered specifically in the rules.

Weight is permitted but must be inside the car, and not visible.

Front tyres are covered

Coating of front wheels to reduce friction in corners or fitting of zero grips is okay.

Rear tyres - YES, you may treat the rear tyres, should have put that into the rules.

The idea of the statement about other modifications was to cover specific things applicable to individual models - eg alloys for the 312, flexible wing uprights for the Chaparral - or to cover for any unforseen similar issue with a particular model or livery issue of a car.

The statement wasn't meant to open up option of ANY other modifications in a general sense.

I now regret not simply saying, "make any other modification and we'll run a steamroller over your car."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ready.......

DSC00659_zpsma7yk8zy.jpg

• Upvote 1

That makes you readier than me.... ;)

I'm not even ready for Nelson, suppose I should get onto that one first.