←  International Club Racing and Results

Auslot Forums

»

The Slot.it Shootout - Classic Challenge -...

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 03 May 2015

Posted Image
The Shootout is a race series being held the weekend of 21st to 23rd August - practice 21st, racing the following 1 1/2 days.
A race for Slot.it Classic cars. A chance for the northerners and southerners to battle it out in a fun and friendly environment.
Field is limited to twenty four entries, and we will reserve space for 12 entries from each Island until 30th June.
Entry form with full details of the event available for download from here.
With the blessingof Tony, the rules are very similar to the NSR Challenge next month in Nelson, which will help those who have raced in the first event to get into tuning mode for the Shootout.
ENTRY FORM

We already have 8 confirmed entries - 4 from each Island, so the initial choice of car models and liveries is already shrinking.
Get in quick to secure the model and livery you prefer. Entry fee is $80 which gets you the race event car, a set of Slot.it tyres in your preferred choice of formulation, morning and afternoon tea throughout the event, and a lunch Saturday.
We'll have dinner at a local restaurant Saturday night, which will be entrants own cost.
It's going to be a blast.

Posted Image
Quote

David Carter's Photo David Carter 04 May 2015

Have picked up my car today
Ferrari 312 pb #2
Quote

branco's Photo branco 05 May 2015

Looking forward to this event. Nice to have a different race format.
Let the trash talk begin.........
Quote

slotmadmac's Photo slotmadmac 05 May 2015

I'm in.

I'll throw in a Magnum of Champagne (the real stuff) for the winner and bottles of Champagne for the other place getters.
Edited by slotmadmac, 05 May 2015 - 05:21 AM.
Quote

branco's Photo branco 05 May 2015

View Postslotmadmac, on 05 May 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

I'm in.

I'll throw in a Magnum of Champagne (the real stuff) for the winner and bottles of Champagne for the other place getters.
Very nice of you sir but you realise you will be driving whilst wearing a blindfold!!!
Quote

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 05 May 2015

Very generous Mac, thanks.
Quote

jphanna's Photo jphanna 05 May 2015

Mark,

while you got all them in one picture, can you please advise me of the wheelbase of the GT40 compared to the Matra. when you got time.....

john
Quote

David Carter's Photo David Carter 05 May 2015

View Postbranco, on 05 May 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

View Postslotmadmac, on 05 May 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

I'm in.

I'll throw in a Magnum of Champagne (the real stuff) for the winner and bottles of Champagne for the other place getters.
Very nice of you sir but you realise you will be driving whilst wearing a blindfold!!!

I can taste those bubbles now

and Mark M with Mac wearing a blindfold will make no difference
as he can already do that
better practice those nerfing skills
Quote

nvmyre's Photo nvmyre 05 May 2015

Looking forward to this. I haven't decided which car to use though.
Quote

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 05 May 2015

View Postnvmyre, on 05 May 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Looking forward to this. I haven't decided which car to use though.

Let me try and find a slow one - - to level the field :) :)

Actually, at lest one entrant has one of every possible model so far except a Chaparral.
Just head for the category with the list of available models and liveries on the SRS site.
Quote

branco's Photo branco 05 May 2015

View Postjphanna, on 05 May 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Mark,

while you got all them in one picture, can you please advise me of the wheelbase of the GT40 compared to the Matra. when you got time.....

john
gt40 wheelbase 75mm
matra wheelbase is 80mm
Quote

jphanna's Photo jphanna 05 May 2015

thanks MAC. my matra has been smashed, and is split at front. i may try the gt40 as replacement. you recon 10mm slot it rims fit under the rear guards?
Quote

nvmyre's Photo nvmyre 05 May 2015

View PostSlotsNZ, on 05 May 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

View Postnvmyre, on 05 May 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Looking forward to this. I haven't decided which car to use though.

Let me try and find a slow one - - to level the field :) :)

Actually, at lest one entrant has one of every possible model so far except a Chaparral.
Just head for the category with the list of available models and liveries on the SRS site.

Does that mean the full range of models is open back up again? I know you explained it to me but im easily confused.
Quote

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 05 May 2015

View Postnvmyre, on 05 May 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

Does that mean the full range of models is open back up again? I know you explained it to me but im easily confused.

Success, now if I can just translate that into confusion at a start line sometime soon . . . . :)

Choose here
Quote

nvmyre's Photo nvmyre 05 May 2015

Do you think the Matra with the yellow accents will be out in time? I know it's not listed but was hoping it might be available.
Quote

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 05 May 2015

Hi Craig,

no sorry, it is scheduled for September/October, that's why I haven't put it in that section
- there are a couple of Classics not YET available, which will be out in time - they are on the list.
This GT40
Posted Image

And this McLaren
Posted Image

But not the next Matra.
Quote

SlotsNZ's Photo SlotsNZ 06 May 2015

I have (already) had people asking if they are able to make certain other modifications to their cars.
I am impressed by the early enthusiasm and disturbed at the level of rat-cunning in your immediate thinking.

I thought both the letter of the rules and the "spirit" was clear, with the inclusion of the list or permitted changes and
"No other modifications are permitted unless approved by race organiser prior to event."

However to add further clarification.

No - you cannot swap the standard guide for wood guide.
No - you cannot drill your chassis
No - you cannot substitute specifically lightened parts like lexan interior
No - you cannot drill out body material in "places not seen when assembled" to lighten it
No - you cannot swap the standard pinion for an Ergal pinion
No - you cannot swap the 11 tooth pinion for any other gearing
No - you cannot swap the standard spur gear for a lightened spur gear
No - you cannot drill holes in the standard spur gear to lighten it
No - you cannot use brass rod as weight to brace the chassis
No - you cannot use a brass brace on the motor/pod (and the sidewinders do not need one anyway)

That in all should give some further insight as to how the car tune and permissible changes are considered.
It is pretty much stock parts as supplied, blueprinted.

All I can say is, you people have devious minds - - sigh, and I have to race against some of you each week... Posted Image

ps, the forum says thanks so much for the collection of general tuning tips Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yes, - you may remove the small choke which runs between the two motor wires. 20/6/15
Quote

nvmyre's Photo nvmyre 06 May 2015

Mark, just a couple of pesky questions

Do the front tyres need to be a constant diameter?
Is tyre treatment allowed?
Quote

David Carter's Photo David Carter 06 May 2015

"No other modifications are permitted unless approved by race organiser prior to event."

that statement does open it up to asking if some mod's are allowed
Quote

David Carter's Photo David Carter 06 May 2015

View Postnvmyre, on 06 May 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

Mark, just a couple of pesky questions

Do the front tyres need to be a constant diameter?
Is tyre treatment allowed?

my understanding is it the same as the GRP C nationals
expect you can have adjustable front axle height with use of grub screws if the car comes standard with that option
you can not modify it to do that
and you can add weight

is that correct Mark
Edited by David Carter, 06 May 2015 - 08:04 AM.
Quote