2015 Tasman Cup Tech Inspection

Stubbo

Morning all,

This morning I tech'd the cars that have arrived thus far.

Most were OK. A couple of slight conflicts with the rules but that is probably more down to variations in the measuring devices that each of us have.

A couple of points. One car is well over the maximum width rule. I will have a closer look later to see what can be done.

Two cars have very large guide blades. 7mm or more in depth. This may end up a problem on some tracks.

One interesting point on the cars in so far. The lightest is 49 gr and the heaviest is 86.1 gr. 75% heavier.

I'll post up the details when the other cars get here on Monday!!!

Alan Stubbings

Wow, if those gear ratios and tyre diameters are correct, there are some very over geared cars in there...

Alan can you please explain the W/B figure? I assume weight balance or weight bias, but I'd have expected it to be detailed as a ratio (front:rear) or a percentage.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Mine has scaleauto pinon and guide, Paul gauge tyres, butchered original vintage scalextric body, no offset gears but motor is offset, penelope pitlane (i think) wheels and under gear ratio, um, black/green? Nfi to be honest, I rebuilt it in December.

Spoon's car has scaleauto pinion & guide, Paul gauge tyres, I think Neil's got the same motor offset arrangement, sorry nfi on ratio there either.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver