Problems With Missing Letters When Typing

fiery1

Hi guys

I do not post as often as I would like as it takes me so long. The reason being as I type letters are being missed and I am constantly retyping. This is the only place this happens to me so not the computer. Anyone else have issues?

I will retype without the fixes to show what I mean.

Cheers

Hi uys.

I do not post as often as Iiould like as it taes so long. hereason beig as ypeletters are eing missed and I am constantly rtyping. This is theonlyplace h apens s ot thecopte Anyone else ave issue?

I ill retypewithoutthe fixes to show wha mea.

Chees

The only known problem with the forum's text editor is a conflict with IE10 which means there is no 'return' but not heard of any issue with missing letters.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

This issue can be quite frustrating...

Here is a previous post that has helped a few users get this site working correctly again...

Seems to be lots of issues with this site and IE...

http://www.auslot.co...osting-pictures

Most of them can be solved by using 'compatability mode' which forces the browser to use IE7 mode.

ie-compatibility-mode.jpeg

IE9 and 10 have it next to the address bar...

IE11 is a little different...

From http://msdn.microsof...y/dn321449.aspx

What if I still need Compatibility View?

There might be extenuating circumstances in your company, which require you to continue to use Compatibility View. In this situation, this process should be viewed strictly as a workaround. You should work with the website vendor to make sure that the affected pages are updated to match the latest web standards. The functionality described here is currently deprecated and will be removed at a time in the future.

To change your Compatibility View settings

1. Open Internet Explorer for the desktop, click Tools, and then click Compatibility View settings.
  2. In the Compatibility View Settings box, add the problematic website URL, and then click Add.
    Compatibility View is turned on for this single website, for this specific computer.
  3. Decide if you want your intranet sites displayed using Compatibility View, decide whether to use Microsoft compatibility lists, and then click Close.

fiery1, I can't type to save myself and it takes so long the post sometimes won't go through. If I need to do a longer post which will exceed the time limit, I type it in my email account and then copy and paste it here. Simple made easy. This would also prevent missing letters etc

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Yeah. IE10 and the text editor IPB use are not friends and MS won't do anything about it. Don't expect new releases of IE to be any better.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I prefer Firefox, but I also prefer Norton/Symantic as my security and my "vault"

Unfortunately the latest versions of these are enemies and won't play together any more.

So I am back on IE for my new laptop, and using compatibility view a lot..... Even so, it doesn't allow some things such as resizing the typing box here.... grrrrr.

These software companies are a total pain in the proverbial

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Ahhh yes. Nortons/Symantec and Microsoft. Two megalomaniacs of the computing world.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

o

Ahhh yes. Nortons/Symantec and Microsoft. Two megalomaniacs of the computing world.

yeeeep, and they have good company...... couldn't we name a few more.

I just wanted my "transfer files and settings" back . .. but no. 2 years of complaints on their own forum and all they can say is "just copy stuff via Skydrive" ...

really? really? . . . . . . . 700 gigabytes of upload, (that is nearly 2 months sole dedicated upload at maximum bandwidth speed offered under half the "broad narrow band" plans in NZ). . . . then 700 gigs of download a mere 3 days if we were getting full speed all the time . . . then you still have to set the settings manually anyway.....

Have they completely lost the plot . .. um excuse me mr microsoft, hard discs still exist, and I don't actually WANT you to own everything I currently own... and have things I want to I need to get done in the next couple of months.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Try a Mac, you'll never go back! ;)

Nah Brett, firstly, you pay up to 2x as much for equivalent processing power.

Then after a while you discover all the software that doesn't actually work on the supposedly "it's just the same chips and OS as a PC"

Then you discover all the nasty things Apple have tied up in knots that you can't do

Then you discover everything that does work, has an equivalent set of issues to the PC

Why do I think this. Well two of my friends - one who worked in computer field for 15 years, and another who programs at industrial level in raw code - but is retraining for other IT and programming - they have been Mac evangelists for years. They have about $40k of Mac gear between them, and just the other night I watched on of them swearing at days spent doing things that USED to be simple to do just 1.5 OS gone by.

They still try and convert me - and all I see is a new world of issues to learn, and another layer of frustration.

Yes. As I was goibg to say yesterday before I killed my laptop....

Once you have Mac you'll never go back because you won't be able to afford to. Ex-apple user here . I refuse to drink the KoolAid.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

The only thing it's unfriendly to is IE, which is a PoS when it comes to software. The only bigger PoS is Facebook.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Slotz, Ember, on the Mac/PC debate:

I used to be a sysad for a corporate PC reseller. Did a fair bit in IBMUX, then Novell and Windows servers and mixed pc/Mac networks. Always used a PC based on price, even though I found (still find?) MS product more and more intrusive and restrictive.

Went to buy a branded PC notebook a few years ago. Was told 4 months after ordering that they were not available, but if I just spent another couple of grand I could have the latest and greatest tablet PC. I thought I'd try a MacBook Pro, as it was the same price, sans software. I'm amazed just how much easier it is to use, and that I don't need to get under the hood anymore. On top of that, for general use, the Mac is much cheaper to run. It is now 8 yrs old, runs all the latest apps and I'd reasonably stable, given how full it is. I keep my PC to run the track - see how that went in another post.

If windows simply worked, and kept out of the way, I'd probably be happy to stay with it, but that is not the case.

Either way, get what works for you. The software is fully cross compatible in most cases now anyway...

exactly why I don't post here anymore. the most user unfriendly site ever.

It's not the site mate, it's the browsers and the OS which keep moving the goal posts, and as far as I can see, SFI and SCI use the same software, they all just lurch along with slightly different generations of it.

Now this is just wierd. Went to play with Firefox, to see if there was any way to make Norton vault compatibale as an add-on.

FF started downloading another automatice update, and when it was done . . . . .

"would you like to enable add-on for Norton Toolbar by Symantac Corporation . . . . . "

So back using Firefox as my primary browser, and it is faster, and fully compatible with Auslot forum software.....

(Still have to use IE for certain software such as my International Banking suite . . . don't ask it's an ozzie bank . . . LOL )

Slotz, Ember, on the Mac/PC debate:

I used to be a sysad for a corporate PC reseller. Did a fair bit in IBMUX, then Novell and Windows servers and mixed pc/Mac networks. Always used a PC based on price, even though I found (still find?) MS product more and more intrusive and restrictive.

Went to buy a branded PC notebook a few years ago. Was told 4 months after ordering that they were not available, but if I just spent another couple of grand I could have the latest and greatest tablet PC. I thought I'd try a MacBook Pro, as it was the same price, sans software. I'm amazed just how much easier it is to use, and that I don't need to get under the hood anymore. On top of that, for general use, the Mac is much cheaper to run. It is now 8 yrs old, runs all the latest apps and I'd reasonably stable, given how full it is. I keep my PC to run the track - see how that went in another post.

If windows simply worked, and kept out of the way, I'd probably be happy to stay with it, but that is not the case.

Either way, get what works for you. The software is fully cross compatible in most cases now anyway...

Exactly the reason my household has all MAC, we ran our old G4 for nine years, always with the latest software, we now have Intel based machines, but the G4 still works fine.

And if you buy second hand they are even better value. ( something I'd never do with a PC )

My track PC just died for no reason, oh well, there's always plenty when the hard rubbish comes around. :)

You get what you pay for, that's why this thread is happening, as in someone complaining about their PC not working properly.;)

Ain't it usually the way of it? Two opposing belief systems fighting over common ground. It's a familiar tale. Is it time for a magnet topic again?

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg