2015 Canam Race 3

drw21

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

Mike Doo was kind enough to bring cars to Napier so I brought them home yesterday after Nats.

Have checked all, cleaned tyres, lubed, checked clearance, cleaned and straightened braids and made sure everything moving freely. All look good.

Expect qualifying to be this Wed or Thursday and racing Sunday 10 May 2015 at The Rock Raceway, Bellblock, New Plymouth.

Looking forward to running cars.

Regards Chas LeBreton

Good luck with this round Chas.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

All set for qualifying tomorrow night. Mike or Trent to drive - Trent's choice as track owner.

Picture of track below in case you have forgotten what it looks like.

About 22m long. Copper tape with enamel surface. Fairly fast with good time 5sec or better. Track presented clean.

Trenttrack2_zps91fbde3c.jpg

Regards Chas Le Breton

Hi all.

Qualifying done and dusted but not without a hiccup. Laptop/track computer decided to play up so we had to go back into town and get Mike's.

Trent drove and was most impressed with standard of the cars. Much improved on last year. We used middle lane (white) for all quals

I will send spread sheet to Dave tomorrow with full results as I need to go back to most of the cars and get their numbers.

The top 10 were Bossman followed by SlotsNZ, Tony Cook, DRW21, Alfahorn, Choppergav,Drew, Orakei Racer, Gas41T and Branco.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Good grief, that crash has improved it . . my thanks to someone . .

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Thank You Chas and Trent.

Here are the result of qualifying for Race 3.

Race%203%20Q_zpssmaaoygj.jpg

Looks like some cars have changed in the order of performance a bit but this is what often happens with Proxy Racing, having different tracks 'levelling out' the cars.

But then again this is qualfying and we all know that racing can be different.

All the best for Race 3 guys.

Edited by drw21

Hi all.

Full results of qualifying for R3 have been sent to Dave West for publication on AUSLOT.

Have added car numbers, whether car non-podded and Class A or B. Slomadmac was again the top non-podded car.

Apart from a few cars (very few) all ran great and were a pleasure to drive.

I did say previously that under 5 secs was a good time but I got my tracks mixed. True a couple of NSR Moslers have done 4.7/4.8 but I

should have said low 5's.

For comparison Dave last year did 5.089 in qualifying but nobody else bet 5.2. In the races however Dave broke 5sec barrier (the first time ever on this track) with 4.935 but two broke 5.1 and two 5.2.

This year promises to be just as close so I would not rule any top 10 racer out for a podium.

Best of luck to all. With computer problems last night forgot about photos. Will try and get Sunday.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Great job with qualifying guys , a few changes in qualifying positions .. as compared to the first 2 rounds ... Nice to see my 2E make a slight move up the qualifying order , but race day is where it counts .. So good luck with Round 3 , results should be interesting to read .

Thanks for the qualifying run. Its nice to be mentioned in the top 10.

2019 NZ RTR Nationals Gt 3rd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd

2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd

2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd

2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd

2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

Hi all.

All cars have had their braids cleaned and adjusted again. Also cleaned tyres. Was good to see braid material better this year with only minor dirt/oil needing to be removed. There were a few however where the braids were of widely varied length but I have left as is as no noticeable performance problem. Several cars also have very loose swinging axles. Perhaps this is how you like but it could contribute to tipping on some tracks/corners. Then again what would I know.

A few individual car comments:

• Gas41T your drive side rear tyre is wearing badly. Noticed at qualifying. Should last series. Will be interesting to see if Trent's smooth/fast track cleans it up again.
  • Chenglaw your guide is very stiff. This may be causing car trouble on corners apart from affecting guide centring.
  • Lordbobcup your guide a little stiff too but does not appear to be problem.
  • Keith Wells you have very wide tyres with fairly sharp edges. Latter may be contributing to hopping on corners.
  • Dave and Tony I have painted your names on your cars as agreed.

Best of luck to all. Chas Le Breton

Hi again all.

First the good news for Dave. I got his and Tony’s cars mixed up when I did s/s (no names on cars). Names have now been added.

Dave came 3rd and Tony 4th and not the other way around. Only realised when I was setting cars up for tomorrow. Means Dave will be in top heat and Tony in next.

Bad news though - one of our drivers has just rung and advised he is in middle of 2 day car rally and is not available. He is co-driver but cannot get out of it.

We were already stretched with 1 driver at wedding in Hamilton and another just had operation. Third one we have not been able to contact.

Sorry but have no option but to postpone until Thursday when we will be back to nearly full strength.

Hope this is OK. Will do my best to get results late Thursday and cars in mail Friday so should not affect schedule too much.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Hi all.

Round 3 of the NZ Canam Proxy has been run and won. Very close with 1000ths separating some cars. Round also lived up to my expectation that nobody from the to 10 could be excluded from a podium finish.

Most cars ran well with only two minor stoppages when bits fell off cars and caused a potential hazard to other cars.Both pieces were retrieved and will be re-attached to the car concerned.

Full results will be posted probably tomorrow afternoon so I will keep you in suspense till then.

Regards Chas Le Breton