Penultimate Round

75 replies to this topic

#41 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

Historic has been completed – just compiling results.

Comments on cars below…..

Curef99 – Easy to see why this car has been so good to date. Just a little too low and light for my track but an enjoyable challenge.
Ben_M – Maybe a little tight and just a bit underpowered. These Fly Porshes are a great way to go. Fine tuning all that’s needed.
Branco – needing more weight and body loosening on chassis. These Ninco Lancias are a good option.
Aquakiwi - Perhaps the guide length is too short….. or is it the rear tyres are too small. Dunno… very twitchy
Ember – What can you say – MSC RS200’s are the pick of the bunch. All three in the event were great.
Stubbo – Lancia was very good. A little more weight would help. Bit rattly also.
Otfs – A little on the light side but a very good overall car. Not surprised that it has been at the front during the series.
P Kalbfell – excellent to drive. Time for more HP I think. Could be at the front with more herbs.
MTucker – actually enjoyed driving this car although narrow width probably reduces your confidence with it. Good overall balance - nice weekend cruiser.
Charlesx – Enjoyed driving this car although not as good as MSC – price you pay for running a pretty much scale looking car! (whoops – bit controversial there!)
Miveson – ahm….. I guess there is potential…… Start with a smaller length guide blade. But I have to say it is the best looking car on track – looks just right. It will never be a winner but who cares!
Alexis in Greece – MSC 6R4 a very good choice. A little on the light side but very easy to drive. Tune it a little more for next year and it will be nearer to the front.
Shadow_Rusty – Not enough motor – had to push very hard for a lap time. I would put something with more oomph in it for next year. Would be easier to drive with more power.
Peter Gunn – An excellent car – very easy to drive fast and consistently. I just wish for aesthetics the body was nearer to the Scalex version.
GAS41T – see above – excellent car
NTZ – better than last year now that it has more clearance. Body is still pretty big to hustle around a tight rally track. Grip a little lacking so perhaps work on improving the tyres next time round.
Boss302 – Thanks Ben for fixing my stuffed tyres. Car was where I thought it should be. I will take some weight out of it and perhaps detune it for next year.

Had a great time with the cars and glad to be part of the event. Will see if I can talk Callan in to one final video!

Results are imminent…..

#42 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

Here are the final results for Historics.

Lots of great cars there but have to say that the MSC RS200's are perfect for my track.

Congratulations to the podium and well done to everyone for taking the time to prepare some very nice cars.

Posted Image

#43 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Can we maybe have all rounds here next season? My cars like this track. Two second steps. I'm a happy girly.

Congratulations Stu and Chas for the WRC run and Gas and Keith for Historic. Congratulations also to the Raid podiumites.

A big thanks to the 302 clan for hosting the round and playing with our cars. And thank you too for the great videos.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#44 boss_302's_son

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

Gas41T - Awesome - very little between RS200s - finishing order probably determined by running order - extra amounts of grip may have made the slight difference
Ember - as above
PeterGunn - as above
PKalbfell - Very consistant and easy to drive - perhaps too easy? Could tell it was heavier than RS200s
Stubbo - not very smooth but could thrash it all day and was fairly consistant
Charlesx - I thought a bit overpowered or underweight - hard to be consistant with it but very good otherwise
Otfs - Very light and when track was grippy tended to launch over raised sections
boss302 - Similar to Stubbos but not as fast
Curef - Very light, hard to drive fast - had to tone it back to get consistancy
AlexisInGreece - Similar to PKalbfell's but not quite as refined - potential to get quicker
Ben_M - Didn't have grunt of other cars but weight felt pretty good
MTucker - Good consistant car - enjoyed driving it - just needs a little bit more everything power/grip/etc.
Branco - Fairly good car - gripped up track really helped it - was consistant and easy to drive just lacked grip in first heat
ShadowRusty - Well set up and balanced car but boost problem with the BDT was limiting power!
Aquakiwi - This car perhaps suffered worst of all at our track - there a several twitchy sections which cannot be taken any faster than 5/10s. Had to back off during the racing heat every lap over start finish line which cost several tenths a lap.
NTZ - Was lacking grip but a big improvement over last year
Miveson - Guide was too big and jamming itself

Thanks

#45 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

Bit of fun......

Do not watch if you get car sick!

BatFlorio in-car via the attached llnk. (slowed down 50%)

https://youtu.be/Wlfxufj8HTA

#46 Peter Gunn

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:44 AM

Well there can only be one track for you!!!!, Big Boss Man by Link Wray, Boss 302 thanks for all the hard work you have put into this round hope I am speaking for us all when I say well done to you and young boss man, congat to all the podium guys and gal and to all the runners in the field , so Boss 302 feet up beer in hand and rock on. :lol: :lol:

#47 branco

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for running this round guys.
Enjoyed the reports and vids
2017 NZ RTR Nationals NSR Classic 2nd
2017 NZ RTR Nationals Group C 3rd
2017 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd
2015 NSR Classic Challenge 2nd
2014 NSR Classic Challenge 3rd
2015 Garden City Invitation Overall Champion

#48 aquakiwi

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:47 AM

Thanks for hosting and great report and vids.

#49 GAS41T

Drag Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:54 AM

Great comments & footage
Thanks for a great round
Awesome track 😀
Rossko

Edited by GAS41T, 05 April 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#50 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

Thanks guys.

Well done to all the winners.
Alan Stubbings

#51 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

Series results updated.....

Raid
Posted Image

Historics
Posted Image

WRC
Posted Image

#52 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

Not to much between AMCC, Rossko and myself in the Raids. Its coming down to the wire people . Thanks again Boss & co. for a great round. Now all we need is the wheels to fall off the UTE and all will be right in the Universe :P :D .
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#53 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

I think the big ute will be well away on my Hillclimb only the tight downhill harpin ( like Gazzas) may slow the thing, it is a very god car, bloody glad he did to send the BMW! Looks like the test of us need to do some work before the next series.

#54 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Thanks guys.
Loving how consistent it's been.

I think Phil is glad I didn't run my bmw as it is by far the quicker car here.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#55 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

Hi Boss302, Miveson and all.

Thanks for great run in WRC and Historic. Good to see some of the podium positions still in contention.

Noticed the comment about my Subaru kart. Not sure whether this is something to do with my past sporting activities. I also spent 25 years sailing competitively so lucky it was not called a boat. As a sailmaker perhaps I should add a sail.

Cannot say I did much to my Subaru between years 3-4 but perhaps like many of us it put on a little weight. I know I had to take most of the weight off my Ford RS200 and put it inside body but this does not seem to have done it any harm. It is still very average.

Message to Shadow_Rusty. Seeing as you broke Scaly mould look out in 2016. That is if you do not pike out and join Team MSC.

Regards Chas Le Breton

#56 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

Hoping to either aquire a SRP 16k, or it will get it's Scaley 18k back...
That rotten Fly 18k will be sent to the graveyard...
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#57 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:09 PM

Historic video in production Wait till you see this one!

#58 boss_302's_son

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

Historic video;

https://youtu.be/opZGwAVE5Kc

#59 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

i am out of the podium in historic... sniff

by the way, the historic video is first class... deserve a prize !!!! thanks a lot for this beauty.

Edited by curef99, 06 April 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#60 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:40 PM

The sound effects are great,thanks very much for a great effort.
A lot of time spent on producing this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users