75 replies to this topic

#21 boss_302's_son

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=cL5VngMuudY

Note; cars were a lot faster - video speed has been slowed down to give a better indication of how cars were handling

Comments and results to follow tomorrow

#22 Ben_M

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:23 AM

Wow, video done already, well done. Must have had a late night! Looks great.
Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

#23 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

Well done great video, and certainly shows aspects of the track that drivers never see.

#24 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

Many hours spent by Callan last night.

WRC Heat 1 results below. Callan and I will provide a run down on the cars after Heat 2

So many great cars this year!

(Phil - help with posting image!!)

Name Time F/Lap
Slo1quick 162.865 12.242
Ember 164.634 12.438
amcc 168.205 12.609
charlesx 168.958 12.732
curef99 169.578 12.692
knealer 169.723 12.698
otfs 172.849 12.977
alexis 177.538 13.353
gazza 177.604 13.443
gas41t 177.948 12.976
peter gunn 184.402 13.656
ntz 192.721 14.478

https://www.youtube....h?v=cL5VngMuudY

Edited by boss302, 03 April 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#25 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

Great video. Shows the track off well. Love the track BTW.

Callum can drive my Celica any day. Nice change to see it do well for a stage. Thanks.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#26 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

If Bruce ever finished restoring the scenery it will be better.
The " track" was originally a mates hill climb.Bruce has converted it into a Hillclimb track.

#27 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

Thats a great video blokes! Seeing the cars in action from all the different angles is brilliant, great looking track! Nice looking Stang' in the background too.
The times are getting quicker and close. Good luck with it lads, well done!
:) fingers crossed
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#28 boss_302's_son

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

Results will be progressively put up tomorrow.

boss302 ran all of heat 1 and I ran the second heat for all classes

New outright lap record set in WRCs!

Raid video to follow shortly...

#29 boss_302's_son

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

https://youtu.be/n9739n3ATns

Raid video

#30 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Looks like a hairy run with those raid vehicles.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#31 shadow_rusty

"Team ABC" Team Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

That was awesome to watch...

Looks like the front wheels of my truck spent most of the time in the air...
lol.
Posted Image
Stolen from SlotsNZ

Team ABC Team Leader
(Ambitious, But Crap)

Home Track Threads - Shadow's Semi-Permanent Layout & Another Rug Racer & Proud of It & Gymkhana Test Track
Car Collection Thread - My Car Collection
Charts / Diagrams - MJK Tyre Selector
/ Slot.it 4wd Gearing / PoliCar Rollout / [size=3]Rollout Chart Generator / SCX 4wd Rollout / Track Wiring with Brake on Track Call

#32 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

the raid cars look to be struggling... i love the WRC video, let see what the classic can do on it.

#33 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

Looking good for the Volksey. Happy with the run and the track looks great . Was a bit worried with wheels coming loose again. You guys are doing a great job . Have fun guys and thanks for all the effort.
Cheers Craig
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#34 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

OK .... here are the overall RAID results.

Just a few comments.....

Shadow Rusty - very responsive, lots of grunt - feel I should have been a little quicker. Tended to tip over a bit but lots of fun (as you can see in the video!)
PhilK - Drove a bit like a car! Small issue with the LH rear probably slowed it down a little. I'm sure you will have it fixed for the final round Phil
Team Red - my personal favourite. Suspension worked very well and I think leaving some tread on the rears suited me. By heat 2 the track was very grippy and this might have cost it some time.
AMCC - your car was quite smooth - a quiet achiever. No vices but felt it could do with a little more grunt.
Miveson - wasn't very smooth but it rattled along to some pretty good times.Easy to get on to two wheels!
Gas41T - had a loose rear wheel which I fixed. The mounting bit is split. Glue held and Callan did well with it. Was a bit slippery for my run.

The results were very close as you can see!

(Let's see if I can post)

Posted Image

#35 boss_302's_son

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

Please note RAID cars were driven better than appears in the video!!

PhilK - Found a loose wheel before my run, fixed it but something in rear still not quite right. Track had gripped up a lot which made yours tip - didn't have grunt of others
Miveson - Very tippy - probably due to track gripping up. Illustrated in video (I didn't drive like this during your heat) Not very smooth.
TeamRed - I found this to be nearly identical to Miveson's. Very tippy once track had gripped up on tighter corners
AMCC - Handled very well - stuttered a little bit which cost it some time. Heat 2 favoured it a lot
Gas41T - Handled really well on gripped up track. Had a bit of slide so wouldn't grip up and tip over
Shadow Rusty - A bit tippy but would take a lot to fall out of the slot - tried to illustrate in video. Had lots of grunt - maybe because of less weight??

Once the track had gripped the cars were very evenly matched as can be seen in the results of Heat 2.

Cheers

#36 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

WRC FInal results below.

Congratulations Slo1Quick. Stu - yours is the best car I have driven. First car to break 12 seconds. Bad luck - I'm going to copy it!!!!
Ember - loved the Celica. Was perfect over the undulations. There is hope for Team Slot slot cars!
CharlesX - a deserving third place. Funny thing - the Subie felt a little oversized but was beautifully prepared.
amcc - if only!!!!!! maybe one of us should have squeezed the trigger just a little harder!
Gazza - not as good as last year. Car had a case of the Easter Bunnies - hopped everywhere.
curef99 - A very competent car. Not quite as smooth as the others - perhaps this was the difference to a podium finish. Enjoyed it though.
Alexis - very nice to drive and not far off ultimate pace. Feel it could have just a little more clearance to give mor econfidence over bumps Beaching in video was a set up!
Peter Gunn - not too far off - still a little low. Had to be careful over large hump at top of track which slowed lap times
Knealer - I like it (Callan not so much). Was similar to my cars. A motor with lesser oomph would transporm this car. I think it could be a winner.
Gas41T - a case of needing some more herbs. Handling very good apart from section near Dave's Knob (affectionately named). Front wheels perhaps a little low to the track resulting in de-slots if pushed too hard. Driving slow prevented it. (will alter track for next year)
NTZ - potential there. Just needs some sorting. Tyres not very grippy - too much grunt. Ride height perhaps not right yet. It will get there.

Thanks to all entrants for letting me thrash your cars. (hope you liked the video!) Very few vices amongst them.

Here are the results - check out third and fourth!

Posted Image

Edited by boss302, 04 April 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#37 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

slo1quick - perfect - couldn't pick anything wrong at all! Very well suited to gripped up track
Ember - drove very straight - which suits my driving - not quite 100% smooth especially in tight 90 degree corners
Charlesx - Very good well rounded car
AMCC - Very similar to Charlesx's car - could barely split them
curef99 - lacked a little rear grip even with rubbered in track - has another few tenths in it easily
Knealer - Couldn't drive it on grippy track - very unpredictable. My lap times varied quite a lot. Lots of power - maybe too much for our track. Both Avant 207s seemed to be tight through the corners as well
gazza - Could have been on par with AMCC and Charlesx Nincos but rear tyres not glued on - would hop through a majority of the corners but was consistant - has another few tenths in it easily
otfs - Both Ninco C4s couldn't handle the corner at the bottom of the downhill run. Had to take it a couple of tenths slower during the race to be consistant and not fall off - maybe front wheels too much on deck. Felt underpowered compared to other Nincos
Alexis - My favourite as you could drive the guts out of it. Needed a bit more grip to move up the leader board
Gas41 - Same problem as otfs in regards to bottom corner - front wheels may be on the deck too much. Both C4s seemed sluggish compared with the other Nincos
Peter gunn - not very smooth in running gear - felt like it was costing time - otherwise potential is there
NTZ - Rear tyres not square - only outisde and inside edges on track surface. Perhaps too grunty and tight through the corners as if binding - similiar to Knealer's 207

Cheers

#38 boss302

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

Please note above comments are by Boss302's son. He forgot to log me out

#39 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

Was similar to my cars.

No this car has been prepared!
Gazza's car has worn rear bearings,I tried super glue to reduce the slop.
My Raid has a worn chassis where the bearings fit so probably why it was not too good (all series!)

Thanks for the comments and getting two class's completed.

Edited by kalbfellp, 04 April 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#40 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

Im chuffed, I been chewing me nails all day wondering if Embers, Charles or the GK's car had snuck past with the fastest time and the win. What a great turn around from last years poor result on Bat Florio, am pretty happy to have the lap record too....for now at least. Hi five for the Victorians!
Well done to Ember. Charles and the GK's. The cars looked to be getting faster and faster as the round went on.
The Subie was totally rebuilt for this years proxy and I didn't have any timing on Mopoke to really know how fast it actually was, so to see it going as well as it is is really pleasing.
Well done and thanks for all the effort Bruce and Callum, great videos great feedback and well run!
Will Callum be building a car for next year? I already have mine built.... Hope the rules donr change.

Cheers :)
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users