jimmyslots 1950

Show Us Your Slotworx V8

Hey Steve, when you say better than some other efforts you've seen, then you want me to make you one :P where's your effort mate! :D . That's gunna cost you double. I'm not going to lie, but I was intimidated when I first got the package, but I had two things in my favour,1: Time and 2:Patience(yeah right) Luckily I done a 1:32 slotworx and I knew what I was in for. Like they say "the first time is the hardest". Remember the saying "measure twice cut once", well I measured and measured again then when I was confident, I measured again and again. After the Falcon first then the Commodore they got easier. Still not saying they are easy. Anyway, just wanted to say that. Cheers. ;)

Hi all.

Thanks for the great pictures of the V8 interiors. Presume these are like the real car. Have not seen one in the flesh.

For my 1/32nd Touring Car Proxy Scaly Holden I have to add an interior so these pictures will be a great help.

No idea if anybody is entering one of the 1/32 Slotworx V8's but I believe they are eligible providing a plastic body is fitted.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)

What I was trying to say is that we all have different skill levels, mine runs out when I put the car on the track, thats when the other guys come into their own. As for the interior, I just took inspiration off the ones that the guys have already done( I think they call it plagurism, something like that!) Cheers.

Just finished up a Nissan body for my son...

Whilst the overall look is ok, I'm not entirely happy with it.

I still haven't managed to get the window frames to not bleed.

The Patto's decals are very bland on this one, and the colours are almost washed out.

The new wing style seems to be the wrong shape, and then I mounted it a little too far forward to make it worse.

But worst of all is that the body is also way too short for the wheelbase.

As I'm not racing major events with it, I just flipped the rear axle mount to the front of the chassis, which makes it a much nicer fit.

Mitch%20-%20Nissan%201.jpg

Mitch%20-%20Nissan%202.jpg

The decals are backed in white by Pattos to start with, and yes, the only colour I sprayed was white.

This particular set are just anaemic in colour depth, even before any backing is done. Other sets I've used and seen are not.

The only colour that came out well was the Yellow for the car numbers. They are very deep / solid, and being on the windows, are not backed.

It's like an 'ink save' option was turned on for reds and blacks when they were printed, as they are just 'dull'.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Hey guys

Can someone help me as I just purchased my 1st V8 slotworx now my problem is....

I want to get the Milwaukee livery but I don’t know what body colour to delete ????

Rossko

Hey guys

Can someone help me as I just purchased my 1st V8 slotworx now my problem is....

I want to get the Milwaukee livery but I don't know what body colour to delete ????

Rossko

delete all body white and red?