Show Us Your Slotworx V8

Clarkey I'm useless with instructions with this stuff . I just do what my wife has told me how to ! It works out best for me , I hope some tech guy can help. I use photo bucket and paste them on to the response . Hope that helps a little ?

Cheers Pagey

Well done Jamie , great to see a new bloke to the hobbie jumping into the paint work aswell . Love the way you have blended the colours on the Hot Wheels car . That's not easy and it's a great result . Keep up the great work and your pace on the track is getting faster as well .

Cheers Pagey

• 2 weeks later...

New one for Jan . I haven't been able to pick up the paint brush for awhile so it's been a long wait for Jan . Hope you like the results mate . It will be a while before I get to do any more again as its off to Hospital with my young bloke . Please keep posting your new cars every one as I will be stir crazy in Hospital .

Cheers Pagey 9211D0BA-3467-42BC-81A9-1E7D2D7CCFD9_zpsdws9y3bi.jpgA800B135-6E67-4289-BFED-E895A677AFF6_zpsocjrftwe.jpg1DB0AB17-4566-4D62-9D51-15FD29BD9056_zpsrkj9iqus.jpgADBF8FC8-75D1-4BDD-9A52-AF579350E820_zpsiaxhxnc1.jpgDE23D0CF-ECBE-4260-8095-A5BD2D856464_zpsktdmqvib.jpg

Hi Glen,

I cannot stop looking at the photo's - please send it quickly (before you start loving Fords). That is an absolute work of art - maybe it should go into the showcase!!!!

We all wish you and the family the best possible outcome for the young man - fingers crossed.

Thanks again mate,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

• 3 weeks later...

Well done mate , you would have more luck to beat that runner up tag if you had picked a Holden though . Looks good , it's hard to make a Ford look good ! Great cars to race and always close , Sprint or Enduro never to much in the results . Guaranteed to have fun , looking forward to watching the results of the up coming events . Great to see others painting cars well done mate .

Cheers Pagey

Well done mate , you would have more luck to beat that runner up tag if you had picked a Holden though . Looks good , it's hard to make a Ford look good ! Great cars to race and always close , Sprint or Enduro never to much in the results . Guaranteed to have fun , looking forward to watching the results of the up coming events . Great to see others painting cars well done mate .

Cheers Pagey

I am not a big fan of fixed gear ratio racing in any class, means changing tryres all the time to get an optimum roll out. Makes it harder to adjust roll out to suit driving style, track suitability and motor variations.

I really like that this class runs a 13mm tyre we have to many classes that are over gripped.

I looked for that livery when I first started making the bodies but couldn't find it. Must have been looking in the wrong spot.

Looks nice in the flesh.

Great work.

yeah i found it buried under a strnge spot on pattos site, wasnt looking for it specifically but got excited when i found it because hadn't seen it done before. All the liveries I wanted to do had already been done so glad I found something different.

If you can ever work out Pattos thinking on listing liverys you are probably on the same meds ? Great at what he does but you can spend hours trying to find stuff . I love that there is very little you can play with the Slotworx cars as it comes down to driver and takes out a lot of the black magic in car set up . New guys can be near blokes with heaps more experience , but as always the cream normally rises to the top .

Cheers Pagey

If you can ever work out Pattos thinking on listing liverys you are probably on the same meds ? Great at what he does but you can spend hours trying to find stuff . I love that there is very little you can play with the Slotworx cars as it comes down to driver and takes out a lot of the black magic in car set up . New guys can be near blokes with heaps more experience , but as always the cream normally rises to the top .

Cheers Pagey

Agree 100% on chassis that means everyone is on a level playing field, biggest black art people don't understand is rollout and weight balance. Those are even more critical in a fixed gear setup just the difference between the fast and slow guys is closer when you remove the number of variables. Fixed size Pinion is a great idea that keeps everyone in a given range. Look at historic at APC control chassis, control pinion and first three coverd by tenths of a second at the end.