Show Us Your Slotworx V8

If it's a Jimmy built car Steve ,you better iron those blue undies ! It'll be a fast car for sure ! Hope he remembered to put a front splitter on it though , just for parity . Looking forward to seeing it .

Cheers Pagey

Yes Glennie,I'll bring it tonight,splitter an all,as much as it pains me this is the nicest looking car I've done in a long time,thats the only thing Ford got right back in the good old days.I could always do a Commodore in the same colour scheme :blink: but Holden Credit doesn't sound right .I will post some pics when it is finished & all chassied up & ready to race but I think this one will stand out like Troys Day Glow Dunnydore on the track. :D :D Cheers Jimmy

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Thought I'd better post a pic of mine. Its hard work keeping up with the likes of Pagey who keeps raising the bar a little higher every week. Great racing and a reason to try harder next time - on and off the track.

Will Davison's FG Falcon

IMG_2613_zpsg8la83hy.jpg

Edited by tintin

Well done Michael .

Don't worrie about how high the bar is ? Your cars are top shelf , the v8 s and Lmp cars I have seen of yours are awsome. Hand made red ribbon seat belts , detail at new level . It's great that others also share and enjoy the model part of this great hobby. As per our talk the other night I get just as much fun out of building and detailing them . You are limited by your own imagination . Keep up the great work mate ,can't wait to see what's next .

Cheers Pagey

Another 2 Slotworx Hotrods finished today for a couple of very happy X-Treme racers.Troy has stayed with the General with the Mobilenet Dunnydoor while X-Treme's most trajic Ford lover Steve E picks up what I believe to be the best ever Ford livery,the Glen Seton Ford Credit.I've got some very nice decals arriving Friday for next weeks to do list & I think there will be one keeper in this lot :D :D Cheers Jimmy :D :D Black%20cat%20Ford%20Credit%20006_zpsafqopfkf.jpg Black%20cat%20Ford%20Credit%20004_zpsezct8llo.jpg Black%20cat%20Ford%20Credit%20001_zpsbdpa4sli.jpg :D :D :D

Edited by jimmyslots 1950
  • Upvote 1

You have out done yourself Jim . Two beautiful cars,the Ford for Steve is a real head turner . As the twisted Ford man that he is ,I already know he is like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Only hope that Troys also good looking Holden is as always faster .

Well done Jim good to see even more cars for our grid . Awesome.

Cheers Pagey

All great looking liveries any chance of some how to paint and decorate pics and tips.

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

All great looking liveries any chance of some how to paint and decorate pics and tips.

Ray

Hi Ray, check out the Prepare and Paint Slotworx how to thread as well as the Slotworx web page.

Thanks Steve excellant

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

Just mounted the first of the Red Bull bodies Glen has done for me, must say these look so much better in the flesh. Looking forward to hitting the track for some more testing.

Thanks again for effort and time you've put into these bodies for me Pagey .

Regards Shane a

Team nsr

After I finished Steve E's Ford Credit & labeling it the best looking car that I've painted I searched for a Commodore in the same colour scheme,The proportions of the Red,White & Blue were just the right mix in the Ford & looks sensational on the track.Well the General has done it again & bumped the Ford to 2nd .....again,sorry Steve had to get that one in.Here's Lowndseys Mobil 1 Commodore,I had to modify some of the decals to get the right livery that I was after but the Patto peel & stick are very good to work with & durable,The car isn't finished yet & is sitting on my STP chassis with the front splitter only taped in place,wheels are old stock Scaleauto's that are just above minimum dia for Slotworx,inserts are 5 spoke that were the rage for that period in v8's,I had a set of resin inserts for this job but unfortunately they fell apart during their clean up {bugger they were perfect for this car}.Also added the Scaleauto disc brakes just to raise the bar for Glennie :D Also experimented with the interior on this car,I found that if I bent the Dashboard & Parcel tray up the driver sat lower & interior seemed to fit nicer & still have plenty of clearance for the wheels.And the answer is yes Jan,this is a keeper :D :D :D enjoy :Dmobil%201%20015_zpszcpkcuvs.jpg Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Edited by jimmyslots 1950

Out standing work Jimmie ! That's a master piece done by a master . Yes I love detail and you have not disappointed with this one.

Love the colours and extra detail of brakes ,you will have to educate me as always. No need to say being out of your factory, a rocket ship as well . Thanks for extra tips today on all the threads here , you are and have always been the bench mark ! Awesome work.

Cheers Pagey