Show Us Your Slotworx V8

Finally someone has put together a complete package of a 1/24th Aussie V8 Super car so here's a site where you can show off your handy work.I'll get the ball rolling with a few that I've put together & look forward to seeing what every one else is doing.First one is a White Nissan Jack Daniels then we have Lowndseys classic Green eyes Falcon,then the Day glow VK liveried Marlboro,the VH Marlboro & finally my own STP liveried Commodore.The best part of these cars is they drive so well & there is no need for fancy jigs to set them up making it

simpler for every one to build.So lets see what you've got & enjoy the best thing to hit 1/24th slot cars in many a year. :D Cheers Jimmy

4_v8_s_024.jpg

4_v8_s_027.jpg

Jaydens_011.jpg

4_v8_s_020.jpg

Edited by jimmyslots 1950

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Jimmie,

Absolutely great looking cars....now you just need to show those other ones you are doing for Mark and I.

Yes they do drive great and having an Aussie home grown class like this to play with is fantastic. We can only hope that everyone will be on the same page and respect Cam's creation and efforts by not trying to copy the bodies or fit other chassis to them.

I believe the Dapto guys will have their first racing with these V8's during this week - please post us some photo's here. Maybe you can get Steve to show that beautiful Red Bull Holden of his too.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

I'm a noobie to Dapto slot car. What a great bunch of blokes...with special thanks to Jimmy, Cam, Chris, Captain, JJ for advice and inside information on setting up the cars. I am enjoying the mateship with the > 20 likeminded blokes. Cam's new V8 kit is.

The Toll Car

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u408/Yolondakate/0D2E5FD8-5C12-486D-9261-73C95FEA8FDE_zpscqtw0inm.jpg

The Green machine

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u408/Yolondakate/C6D52CAD-8BAB-4152-BB7B-6492C49EC201_zpsbj8ocgzg.jpg

Perkins car - what a legend

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u408/Yolondakate/847DD536-DD75-4179-98D1-21749842CCA5_zpszuur3faq.jpg

My Jamie Whincup Red Bull

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u408/Yolondakate/EEC9A285-50C8-4F60-AC07-1DCFF161C1D2_zpss5cek0in.jpg

I'm new at this and only my links came out. how do you copy in your photos?

Mate you are on the right track, but you must copy the URL option for forums when you copy your photo's on Photobucket, then paste it into your post.

Cheers,

Jan

Ps - you can paint me one any time.

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

A few more pics from Thursday night.The first one is the starting grid for the first official Slotworx Aussie V8 race.With 9 teams,there were 3 teams eagerly awating their turn. :DSlotworx%20Aussie%20V8%20016_zpsvbuk2rdr.jpg Slotworx%20Aussie%20V8%20011_zps0kpytixx.jpgVito's MercSlotworx%20Aussie%20V8%20035_zpsk35pnfp8.jpgCams MercSlotworx%20Aussie%20V8%20031_zpsjfdaelrr.jpgCams CommodoreSlotworx%20Aussie%20V8%20041_zpsfekwb8gc.jpgJason's CommodoreSlotworx%20Aussie%20V8%20045_zpss7eumz1j.jpgAnother Commodore Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Edited by jimmyslots 1950
  • Upvote 1

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Great stuff Jim, you and Cam are still the masters. The best thing about this v8 series that Cam has developed is that even a new person to the sport can build the car themselves with Cam's easy step by step build guide. New blokes like me can race more evenly with the experienced faster blokes because of the minimal chassis adjustments.

Just look at the lane lap times of Dapto's first race night. I can't wait for every Thursday night to race again.

Thank you so much Cam for following this from concept through to production.

Awsome Cam.. I take my hat of to you for creating a class that was so obviously needed. I've ordered my Nissan and hope to get it track side soon. As for the race livery the guys at Jans have come up with a few 120y paint options... sigh..