Slotworx V8's

Camber

Hi all,

After about 10 months development, a V8 class in 1/24 scale is now available at slotworx.com.au. Featuring lexan bodies on a chassis that is dimensionally fixed, the concept was to provide a high performance and easy to build car. Five models are available, I will put up a pic of the Nissan in coming days.

A draft set of rules is being established; the idea is to race these cars pretty much out of the box without expensive performance upgrades (even with the oilites). The cars have been tested at a number of tracks around the country and refined to a level of performance that ideally suits a full range of drivers from novice to elite. Setting track records is definitely not the goal of these cars, but they are no slouches either.

Spare parts is an area I looked at with 21mm x 13mm rear tyres a common size in GT class racing, as is the 44t rear spur which these cars come with. Combined with no performance upgrade parts, it should be a relatively economical class to race.

My goal was to provide a car that is friendly for novice builders with complete build instructions. I also wanted the novice drivers to be not too far behind the front runners….close, fun racing. There is nothing worse than good drivers being hamstrung by poor cars, loosing interest and ultimately falling out of the hobby.

The kits come in 2 levels:

Stage 1 has everything you need to build a complete car less motor and decals. This allows the customer to use a preferred motor for the track and they can pick a favorite livery.

Stage 2 kits are less wheels and rear spur gear.

Some pics:

Auslot%25202.jpg

Pepsi%2520Max%25201.jpg

Volvo%2520Iso%2520Web.jpg

Nissan%2520Web%2520reduced.jpg

Mercedes%2520Web%2520Reduced.jpg

20150223_213031.jpg

Cheers,

- Cam

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

Nice work Cam. They look the biz. Have you a website or preferred contact point? I'll put them up on the Auslot FB page.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Still can't believe what you get for the price. All the detailed parts like the window surrounds, 3d prinded rear wing uprights and wheel inserts. Absolutely nothing to add, other than a motor and pinion. Also the accuracy is amazing, couldn't measure a difference in the left side right side wheel base, no jiggy jig required here.

@steve38 - fords are much slower than the Holden, even thought they are practically identical. Its just the blue badge.....

Thanks for the replies

Sorry Cam but you missed something. Where is the 1/32 one? A body would be great then we could fit our own chassis.

Regards Chas Le Breton

The thought of 1/32 has crossed mind mind a few times.

Wow, wow and wow. Brilliant stuff. Aussie cars, Aussie made. Cant wait to own a few...

Rick

They would make great digital cars.

Easy to mount the sensor on the guide, lots of room for the chip, durable body and chassis.

Hoo Roo

Nice job they look bloody good, what are the bodies made of?

I like the idea of the class to, keeping it stock as & everyone on teh same wheel base, wheels & tyres, motor etc is the way to go

Cheers silver rocket,

The bodies are 0.015" lexan and very tough. Having the same chassis also means you can use as many different body models as you like and only need one chassis.

I have updated the first post to show the Nissan.

Here's another one

Auslot.jpg

Hoo Roo

You can use either, the water slides give a superior finish but I like the adhesion of peel and stick on the sides where the body mounts are glued on.

I am going to try a few things with water slides and see how it goes.

Definitely remove the background colours, they don't marry up. It can be a bit tricky with some liveries that have multiple body colours. You can usually get around it with a bit of planning.

Be specific when ordering from Pattos.

"1/24 scale, water slide or peel and stick, reversed for lexan body, xyz colour(s) removed".

Might be good to get a thread going for tips and ideas at some stage.

Thanks for the comments,

- Cam

Hoo Roo