This Is Fantastic News!

Hi guys,

Cam has been working on this project a very long time and he deserve our support. Not only has he created a chassis for the class which is simple to assemble and set up, but he has also made all the moulds for the V8's we all love. Eventually we have a 1/24th scale Aussie V8 class.

A few of us have had the pleasure of seeing and driving these cars and are now receiving the most amazing kits for building and assembly. Check out his website for pricing and options.

We all hope that this class will be kept as Cam has intended it to be and not to be bastardized with all kinds of variations of other chassis being introduced. If we support it as we should it could form part of future national racing where classes of Aussie development can be showcased and raced.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Well said Jan.

I know the group I'm in will be having these as a class.

Maybe a good class to run before the Scale Auto enduros?

Exactly mate - your are on the same page, they will mix well with our other classes in the National Endurance Series. Good to hear the MR guys are buying into this class.

Cheers,

Jan

Xmas in March .... how good is that?

20150313_140042.jpg

...and inside for the first 5 lucky racers at Ecurie Elite.au...

20150313_140120.jpg

....with all the little bits to have fun putting them together....

20150313_142228.jpg

...bring it on.

Gentlemen...start....your....kits!

Which one should I do?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=aussie+v8+super+cars+2015+images&client=tablet-android-samsung&espv=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&sboxchip=Images&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-qwCVaGaM5HZ8gX_94HYDQ&ved=0CEYQ7Ak&biw=1280&bih=800

....no, a car I meant!

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Common. Jan

Those boxes have sat there long enough ! Time to show some Queenslander talent . Is it true you blokes only paint in bannana yellow or maroon ? Lol . All the tips on new thread you have no excuse ! Hurry up your missing to much fun.

Cheers Pagey

Common. Jan

Those boxes have sat there long enough ! Time to show some Queenslander talent . Is it true you blokes only paint in bannana yellow or maroon ? Lol . All the tips on new thread you have no excuse ! Hurry up your missing to much fun.

Cheers Pagey

Glen,

All those boxes have new owners, in fact just received a lot more today. So I guess there are a few getting done right now. But you will have to wait and see how we've used the yellow and maroon (might even have some orange in that mix)....more than you lot can do with blue???...LOL

Great fun this class, thanks for participating.

Cheers,

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Last night this racing started in Queensland. ..at Ecurie Elite.au

We ran four cars built and prepared by Jimmie Paterson for us and fitted with SRP25 motors and 12T pinions. The 4 cars were driven by all drivers, with the cars remaining on the lane. The results were...

20150409_000631.jpg

Very close racing indeed for out-the-box cars, driven for the first time by drivers that have not raced this class before.

In order to try them with an 11T pinion next Wednesday, I changed them all this morning and ran each (on their respective lane) for 10 laps...

20150409_104118.jpg

Nothing between them, and it should be another humdinger next week.

Cheers,

Jan

Well done Jan .

Thanks for up date . Great to here another group has started racing ,and that they are so close is no surprise . The design that Cam has come up with is just brilliant.As a newbie to slots, last night I was able to race door handle to door handle with Cam,Chris ,Jimmie and alike. All be it until I crashed in tears . It is a stepping stone to the sport and just deepens my love of this hobbie . It all so makes me keen to one day race at he higher level and even try Lmp one day . I have this bug so bad . Thanks Cam .

Cheers Pagey

Glen,

Before you get into the LMP's, we will have to make you pass the concourse test first - once you've done me a few bodies, we will decide if you can race LMP's.....LOL

Yes, the V8's are great and should convince more newbies like yourself to get involved in this great hobby.

Cheers,

Jan

Guys,

We ran them again earlier tonight, and again, all very close. This time we used the 11T pinion and although they were generally slower, the feel was more positive for most drivers. The field of 11 drivers were covered by 3 laps with the first 5 on the same lap - awesome racing.

Next week we hope to start running individual cars with guys being able to see how their own creations perform.

Cheers,

Jan

Good to see the parity part of the Slotworx creation is giving some close races,you always get more enjoyment out of close racing no matter where you come.The two cars that I finished this week,using the same control motor were only 1/10th different to the cars that you have,& yes they were quicker Jan,sorry :D It was a much hotter day & I did about twice as many laps as I did with yours,nothing wrong with the cars,just an old fart enjoying playing with his creation before they go to their new homes. :D :D Cheers Jimmy :D :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

The two cars that I finished this week,using the same control motor were only 1/10th different to the cars that you have,& yes they were quicker Jan,sorry :D :D :D Cheers Jimmy :D :D

Yes.....I can hear how sorry you are...LOL....but you will make up for that with the Bottle-O car...I am sure....LOL

Cheers,

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

We had an awesome nite of racing the V8's at NBA last nite. There was over 20 racers there, we had just one minute sprints with each car on each lane. Lots of fun and close racing. Andrew showed us all how it's done.....

It was just a small taste of the fun we are going to have in the future as more and more racers have their own cars to race with.

A big thanks to Jan and Mark for providing the cars for us all to use. :D

Hi guys,i had my first track test of my Volvo Slotworks V8 last night at Mobile Raceways last night and i am very impressed with how well the car handled and how easy it is to drive.I ran on both the Flat Black and the Anniversary tracks at 12 volts.On the Flat Black i ran on Yellow which is the outside lane and got down to a 6.6 secs lap which is the same time that was Pole for the Mini Zs at the 2012 Nats.On the Anniversary Track i ran on Blue and got down to a 7.1 secs.With a change to a 12 tooth pinion i reckon a mid 6 secs would be possible.The 10 tooth pinion that i was running with the Fox motor felt perfect for the Flat Black.

Tony,

Sounds good, however the 10T pinion seem a bit small. From memory of your tracks you should be aiming for about a 22.5 to 23.0mm rollout on both tracks. So if you are using 27.5mm rear wheels an 11T pinion should be closer.

We did 6.4s on the Anniversary Track last year with the Scaleauto's and I would think you should get about the same with the V8's.

Very good news to hear the Vic/MR boys are starting to run this great class.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi Jan,the 10 tooth pinion is ideal for the Flat Black as there is not as many high speed sections on it and you can hear the motor rev out whereas on the Anniversary track with its longer high speed sections,the motor is flat so i will be changing to a 12 tooth pinion to try next week and i will also be giving it a run on my small track over the weekend.

Not sure if this fits in this thread but after just finishing the first series of the V8 s at Dapto just wanted to say how awesome it was . The racing and extra banter of the V8s was the best thing I have experienced in slots so far. We are so lucky to have a great spirit with our race group , the help in the pit area to get all cars sorted is really fantastic . The experienced guys helping the new guys and the race etiquette all helps for a great night. Look forward to ever Thursday night so much . With some champions in the field, it also gives you a bench mark to aim for. The kits that Cam has produced are so good . High quality , fun to build and put your own stamp on with detail , paint etc. After 12 paint jobs for others I think it's safe to say I have an addiction to them . Thanks again Cam for the vision , creation and so much fun. Also thanks to all the Dapto boys , great fun , thank you all .