rosco01

Pioneer

I think you will be very happy with your choice Rosco with the Alan green Camero , my base choice for the pony wars proxy races , as its got a nice motor in it easy to drive and the green is very good on the number 8 car, like the choc box Jules but agree with others about perhaps a blister pack or , something like sideways do with their kits as it comes in a plastic car box so you have something to keep the finished kit in and display it. :)

I bought the Jerry Titus Mussie yesterday. I think it's beautiful in that 60's pale yellow with matt black and I prefer the notchback look so very happy. Doubt it will get it's wheels dirty - staying nice and safe on the shelf :)

I hold the honour of making the first purchase ever from NZ's newest (and possibly only??) dedicated slot car shop which is located in Whakatane.

Hope I'm not out of line with a slight plug to help Damien on the way and wish him all the best!! Awesome to have someone willing to put his round bits on the line and open a retail business for our hobby. The shop looks great and will get even better as they sort things out over the next week or two. He has heaps of stock to drool over and is setting up a Carrera digital track for playing or testing your purchases.

Hope it works well and the locals get behind him with it. Not sure of the actual shop name but it's Slotcars Ltd I think. Has been online for some time and now you can go visit and have a chat with them. Excellent!!

"Don't trust everything you read online" - W. Shakespeare

Peter Gunn, we did the 1st kit in a proper display box (see post #65). It might well be the case we revert to that format. Many guys liked the box. As you can see from the selection below, there aren't half some clever b*stards:-

Snapshot%202010-11-27%2012-43-30_zpsr9f2ay1q.jpg

Snapshot%202010-11-27%2012-44-17_zpsculig7ro.jpg

P1080308_zpsltrw7ehb.jpg

P1080274_zpsm1y45vfg.jpg

P1080314_zpsqzw2kkim.jpg

K1W1, Good that you got a Titus Mustang. Not many of those still about at retailers. That was the 3rd Notchy we made back in May 2010. Some of them got fitted with a bonkers motor that was unbeatable on a plastic track with magnet in place.

Damien is one of our newest dealers at Slotcar Ltd, NZ. I wish him luck with the venture.

Jules

Good to see Damo is moving ahead. Not heard from him since I did some photos for him when he launched his online store.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Notchbacks are cool eh K1W1. Pity Ford didn't carry on with them into the 69-70 version. Thinking about that, I have a couple of Revell Snaptite Muzzies that are intended to end up on a Pioneer Mustang chassis so I might just think about converting one to a notchback for something different.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Notchback conversion!! Cool. you guys scare me with the things you want to take on! Look forward to the pics!

Notchback conversion!! Cool. you guys scare me with the things you want to take on! Look forward to the pics!

Damn, I scare myself when I read that, what was I thinking? I've got the modelling skills of a naked mole rat.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

That "naked mole rat", Wobble has some very clever and gifted ability....

frats,

Rosco

Damn, I scare myself when I read that, what was I thinking? I've got the modelling skills of a naked mole rat.

You have put it out there now

You are going to have to follow threw it

I am sure you have the talent to pull it off

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

You have put it out there now

You are going to have to follow threw it

I am sure you have the talent to pull it off

Yeah, the ball's started rolling

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

This is brilliant..........light the blue touch paper and walk away........

Good luck, while you're furthering your naked mole rat modelling career, I'm just gunna buy the cars I like. Soooo much easier lol

This is brilliant..........light the blue touch paper and walk away........

Good luck, while you're furthering your naked mole rat modelling career, I'm just gunna buy the cars I like. Soooo much easier lol

Yeah, I'd buy the cars I like too, but they just don't make some of them.

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

"Yeah, I'd buy the cars I like too, but they just don't make some of them."

That's the "magic" of kit-bashing (hate that expression) and scratch-building, Bram - you are only limited by your abilities.

frats,

Rosco

Edited by rosco01

From my point of view, the DHL one smacked me fair between the eyes Jules.

Edited by Wobble

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

From my point of view, the DHL one smacked me fair between the eyes Jules.

smiley-signs009.gif that is nice smiley-score010.gif

Hi Jules.

P1110035_1.jpg

I've a confession to make. My name is Christopher and I am addicted to painting slot cars. Well I was until I went bog eyed. The peepers are holding up but not good enough to produce this sort of simple but effective work. I was hoping you might let me know where I might get a good discount on the yellow Camaro. I've cleared out all the rattle cans etc so starting again would be a major investment.

P1080353.jpg

Here's one you missed.

And this was my number 64 car which was sold just before you commercialized it. Wouldn't sell it now.

P1040583.jpg

P1040610.jpg

If you want some more good ideas then why not try a Ford Galaxie. Great car and loads of liveries possible.

Or there's always your own personal transport. the Jules Mobile.

P1120036.jpg

You'll need my new address for the discounted Camaro please pm me.

Kindest regards

Chris

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

Nice work , Chris

Jules we need plain white kits of the Camaro & Charger .......pleeeeeeeeease.

Question.......being that the Camaro & a 68 Firebird are basically the same car apart from the nose & tail light treatment , how hard would it be to do a Firebird . I know you have a lot on but just food for thought. ;)

Really must get a supply of kits together, Mopar. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it just the packaging that is holding things up. Got all the parts, of course. I will have a look at the Firebird. Was it really just the nose and tail that were different?

I have not seen those Chargers before, Chris. Looks like they may have started out as Ace of Spades street racers. Nice work.

I like the #41 Camel Notchback. New one to me.

The #64 Camaro is on a '69 Scaley body. Pioneer never did this one. Did Scaley?

We have done the Al Green #7 on the correct 1967 body shell.

Tuff looking Roller. I can't work out where that came from. Is it a kit on a Pioneer Charger chassis?

I will check your old 'special shelf' and see what is still there. A yellow Camaro, huh? You mean the #96 car?

Jules

I think I had about 6 of those ace of spades cars. I'll look through my mountain of images and see what I can find. A white version if this car would really be worth a try. I did get some white Scaley Chargers and had some fun with those. Not as nice as yours though. If you were to do white kit cars then why not try a clear plastic bag with card top. You don't even need to assemble them. A bit retro, early Airfix kits were like that.

Hi Chris - I would strongly suggest that Jules not adopt the plastic bag/card packaging....

Out here in Oz - delivery is often effected by the used of bullock wagons... without suspension.... or, it may as well be.... by the way some of my packages arrive.

I am firmly of the belief here, that if something is marked "fragile" - the delivery process is invited to test how good the packaging is - and, we have some very experienced "testers"..

frats,

Rosco

I have to agree with Rosco, Chris. Much as I like the retro 2s/6d Airfix idea I reckon the damage in the post would be huge. We'd need a stiff box to send them in so might as well make the packaging tuff in the first place.

Putting 'Fragile' or 'Handle with Care' on any package is a red flag to a bull. Nasty Postie.

We are still talking about the kit packaging and we have come full circle back to my original concept of a clear packaging 'holder' inside a standard display case, just like the original Mustang Kits.

Jules

Yeah I get the drift. As always with postal charges costing the earth the simpler and lighter the better. Crystal cases have always been the norm but they are heavy and sometimes unnecessary. The old Carrera cases for example were a total waste of time. Speaking up for white versions, the car doesn't need to be assembled as the first task is then to disassemble. Far better for the chassis and running gear to be complete with the body separate and the rest of the small parts in another packet. Slot it had the right idea. You could be painting within a few minutes of receipt. Which for an addict was the only way to go. Scalextric never got it right. Ever.

use12.jpg

Another Pioneer Dodge.

And some nice Pioneer Mustangs.

P1080331.jpg

P1080291.jpg

Bit corney those two.

P1080278.jpg

P1080233.jpg

P1080207.jpg

Still looking for the other Chargers I did. Such a nice car to work with.

Edited by chrisfromcrewe

Good to see you alive and posting Chris. That black Charger is an absolute bitch, in a good way.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction