rosco01

Pioneer

Wow, Jules - you've done it again... not only do we get answers - but also diagrams....

I didn't ever experience this when dealing with the spare parts desk at Bill Patterson Holden.... I'd get the part... but not the info you supply us...

Great customer support, Jules - just great...

frats,

Rosco

Good bloke that Jules . Maybe we should Australianize him and con him into monaros and falcons and chargers etc :P

• Upvote 1

Sounds great...

Just don't ask him to move his factory again... You may just get more than you bargained for...

The Georghegan Mustang has been sitting in my 'pending' tray for some time. Needs Minilight wheels, of course.

Jules

Geog%203_zpslh9veb1x.jpg

DSC07208_zpscagw9dfe.jpg

DSC02823_zpslcmdkqsi.jpg

Cam1_zps9a6a35a2.jpg

DSC00065_zps77ftxlsl.jpg

5%20of%20the%20best_zpsllxlcc1g.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Good pictures, Gazza.

Got everything we need to make that Mustang coupe apart from the Minilites (which we shall tool anyhow for other models) but that front air scoop is bespoke to that car - never seen one before. Might have to consider a punched/pressed ally one just for that model.

The Bryan Thomson #17 Camaro is on the list as well. Trying to think how we do a RHD conversion. Could be tricky,

Don't think I will be moving the factory again, shadow_rusty. Planning my first visit to Australia next year. Just gotta get my head round the flight. I really hate long haul. One thing I don't miss about the China connection is the London to Hong Kong flights.

Jules

You'll have to give us a heads up when you're heading to this end of the world Jules. I'm sure we Auslotters would be happy to see you wined, dined and feted to the nth degree.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks SR - amazing classic shots... there must have been something wrong with the XY - it should have been up front.... the poor old HT is where it belongs...

Now, what about a "Trans Oz" #4 HK Monaro....the amount of times "Stormin' Normin" blew motors trying to please the crowd.... didn't do an awful lot better on the podium when he got the 350.... but always a crowd puller...

Yes, that pony is one I will order - not that I'm a blue oval person (despite having more GT40's than any other model at present)..

Thomson's Camaro - saw that one run a few times... bloke came down from Shepp to run it....

Thanks, Jules - plenty of warning please when you make the "long haul"... never know, I might come out of my cave...

frats,

Rosco..... aka "Phantom" in many forums

Edited by rosco01

Jules , will you be doing plain white cars in the future. Maybe fully assembled running gear but the fancy bits left off the body to attach after painting ?

Mopar, yes we will be making plain grey kits (PGK) (light grey plastic). RTR chassis and the parts for body paint will be separate. Much the same as the original Notchback kit from early 2010.

Thanks to those of you above that offered hospitality & meets when I get over there next year. No chance of feeling lonely, I don't think.

Note for diary..........While in Oz must try and find a RHD big V8 car from the 60's/70's or a mid 70's XB UTE that could be purchased and shipped back to Little England. Just something different to tool around in.

Jules

Managed to afford the services of a couple of new drivers in the blue Charger and the orange Camero Jules , must compliment you on the finish on the Alan Green Camaro I have just received flawless. :)

Mopar, yes we will be making plain grey kits (PGK) (light grey plastic). RTR chassis and the parts for body paint will be separate. Much the same as the original Notchback kit from early 2010.

Jules

Will the notchback kit be available again , Jules ???????

Planning my first visit to Australia next year. Just gotta get my head round the flight. I really hate long haul. One thing I don't miss about the China connection is the London to Hong Kong flights.

If you get here the first weekend in September, the cars are usually at the Muscle Car Masters at Eastern Creek here in Sydney on the fathers day weekend

Link

Heaps of different shapes and sizes to look at, and there is always a few with for sale on them :D

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Due date for release ?????

Pre-orders available ?????

Would love that in the collection.

Cheers Grant

20191120172309-193d8f3b.gif.......................................................20170306174707-b4015afe.gif

Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

Mr Pioneer, we have a problem Sir. In the last week an Alan Green Camaro arrived on my door step. This evening I took it out of its box and was holding it gently and caressing it and as I turned the rear wheels I noticed it is binding in one place. It appears to be a slightly off centre spur as it binds in exactly the same place as I turn the wheels so I figure this counts out the pinion. The mesh is slightly loose exactly 1/2 turn from where it binds and at 90degrees either side the looseness in the mesh virtually disappears. Do I return the car to the dealer or do you have another alternative that we could discuss? I've been wanting this car ever since it was 1st announced some time ago and am happy to keep it but being as it won't be a shelf queen but a racer I want it in top notch condition. Looking forward to hearing your answer.

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

I finally got my first Pioneer yesterday.

A lovely Ace Of Spades Dodge charger.

Interestingly, my pinion is slightly off centre.

Not too bad to stop it running, but it will 'bind' if turned by hand.

Still, it's a great car and looks fantastic.

My son also got a Pioneer Ford mustang, and his is perfect.

Also, both cars came fitted with approximately 21x9 rear tyres, but the spare tyres under the box are approximately 20x8 which is the same as the fronts.

The spares have yellow writing, and the tyres fitted to the Ford have white writing, and the charger came with yellow front and white rear.

all said And done though, both cars are great and will be well raced.

Edited by shadow_rusty

Wobble, it sounds like the spur is slightly off centre. Naturally I would be happy to make sure all is good with your model. If you are willing to snap out the old axle assembly and snap in a fresh one I shall get one off to you straight away. Just PM me your address.

shadow_rusty, sounds like you also have an off centre spur. Also be happy to send you a fresh one if that is OK. The rear tyres in the spare bag under the base for the Charger should be 20x8 although the Charger will take the 21x9. The yellow front tyre lettering was yellow and on the rear was white - part of the mismatched 'street racer' look. The resistance in the spur will not materially affect the performance but let me know if it bugs you enough to want a change.

Thanks for buying your first Pioneer model.

Jules

Thanks for the offer Jules, but with a little tweaking, I've been able to minimise the binding. It's still there, but only about 20% of what it was... More running will finish smoothing it out.

Also, mine is definately in the pinion as it binds every rotation of the motor, not the axle.

Lastly, both the Red #21 Mustang and the AOS Charger came fitted with 21x9's on the rear in the box.

Just found it weird that the spares under the cars only fit the fronts (also 20x8).

Not that it matters to me as I'll be fitting MJK tyres as that's what works best for me on our tracks.

Once again,

Thanks heaps for making these cars Jules.

ps. It would be nice to see some more street racers in the future...

OK shadow-rusty, I'm pleased you are content. It's odd with those tyre sizes. Standard on all pre-2013 production was for a set of rear to be in the poly bag.

I must admit, I like those MJK tyres myself. Hard to find a better one.

Two more street racers are coming up: The Evil Joker and The Red Devil.

Jules

Wobble, it sounds like the spur is slightly off centre. Naturally I would be happy to make sure all is good with your model. If you are willing to snap out the old axle assembly and snap in a fresh one I shall get one off to you straight away. Just PM me your address.

Jules

Pioneer, thanks for your offer to see this right, but I only need the spur gear, besides postage would be a lot cheaper. I'm more than happy to fit it myself. Is the axle that's splined for the spur standard equipment on this model? If not I have a couple of Pioneer splined axles and I'll use one of these.

pm on the way

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Wobble, pre 2013 the axle spline was in a slightly different position. This is the latest spec:-

46.50mm%20rear%20axle_zpsvrku66hk.jpg

Will get parts out to you tomorrow.

Jules

OK shadow-rusty, I'm pleased you are content. It's odd with those tyre sizes. Standard on all pre-2013 production was for a set of rear to be in the poly bag.

I must admit, I like those MJK tyres myself. Hard to find a better one.

Two more street racers are coming up: The Evil Joker and The Red Devil.

Jules

To really mess with things, the Charger had 2 pair of fronts under the base... lol.

Really looking forward to seeing more info on those 2 street racers...

Are they Mustang's or Camaro's, or even better, one of each?