Pioneer

rosco01

My ignorance again will shine here, Bram - is the above #55 a '68 ?

Yes, I can't wait (well, I have to - don't I?) for the upcoming Pioneer kit version to come to fruition - hopefully, with the new goodies as discussed in my above post. I would, of course - opt for a RTR model in preference, suspecting that a number of such liveries will be available once production commences... and, if my further suspicions are correct - they will be as difficult to choose from as those in the Camaro range.

My suspicion for your liking this number relates exactly to "something" we have in common...?

frats,

Rosco

That is sweet . We need scoops/ducts. One thing missing from the slotcar world that is prevalent in Model railway world is the lack of accessories / addons for customizing.

Now you're going, Mopar - detail doesn't necessarily mean fraility.... mirrors are probably one exception - but scoops, door handles and other small "bling" certainly separate toys from models..

Yes, I hear many screaming already - the "blurr factor brigade" throw up their arms yet again - and I do not hold one jot of disrespect towards those who primarily "race" their models, in preference to perhaps a much smaller number who also enjoy great passion with viewing them statically as well.

Just send me the parts you no longer want - when they are no longer able to withstand the rigors of aggressive competition... if this can be afforded gratis...

Forgot to mention, Bram - this one has easy "slits" at the wheel-arch intake vent.... not fins - the back edge of a determined modeling knife along a straight edge would effect this easily.

frats,

Rosco

My ignorance again will shine here, Bram - is the above #55 a '68 ?

Yes, I can't wait (well, I have to - don't I?) for the upcoming Pioneer kit version to come to fruition - hopefully, with the new goodies as discussed in my above post. I would, of course - opt for a RTR model in preference, suspecting that a number of such liveries will be available once production commences... and, if my further suspicions are correct - they will be as difficult to choose from as those in the Camaro range.

My suspicion for your liking this number relates exactly to "something" we have in common...?

frats,

Rosco

You hit the nail on the head Ross. The very reason I like it other than it's good looks is because 55 is the closest thing to having all the 5's, and not many of us have that, if you get my drift.

and yes '68 the '67 has fins.

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg

Ah, Bram - my suspicions were well founded.... lot of things happened over here in '55... chicko roll for one.

I have a '55 FJ Holden ute.... June production line - so, it's "just" a bit younger than both you and I...

I don't know if it's just me, or if indeed there was a change in body profile... but the models I see in the current range of Mustangs appear to have a slightly elongated rear from the quarter panel back.. and, if I'm even more observatory - the back slopes slightly down and inwards on the earlier models...

Again, this might simply be "me" - or some inconsistency in rendition of the proto-type....

frats,

Rosco

Edited by rosco01

• 1 month later...

PO33 arrived today . Nice car , Jules.

Just looking at 4 of my Pioneer Camaro's and they are all different. I would like to commend you in taking the time and trouble to add these differences to your cars , whether they are are small details to the grille or a completely different bonnet .

Thank's Jules , much appreciated.

redcam210615%20%202.jpg

Mine arrived Thursday, but I thought the postie carded me for some wire I ordered from China 6 weeks ago so she sat at the post office over the weekend. I was a very happy boy when I finally went to the post office this afternoon. Nice metallic fleck too, I wasn't expecting that.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

PO33 arrived today . Nice car , Jules.

Just looking at 4 of my Pioneer Camaro's and they are all different. I would like to commend you in taking the time and trouble to add these differences to your cars , whether they are are small details to the grille or a completely different bonnet .

Thank's Jules , much appreciated.

and that's one you won't need to repaint Neil

bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg