Pioneer

rosco01

Jules that purple Mustang looks great. Will it be available?

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Jules that purple Mustang looks great. Will it be available?

I especially love the blue face...

Very sharp eyes you have, shadow_rusty. The driver is Nochbak, a human/Na'vi hybrid (Avatar) from Pandora.

This model is due out in June with race #20 in Wild Purple Metallic. The reference will be P049. Notchback Coupe.

From memory, miveson, had something to do with the colour selection.

We have also responded to great pressure from Ember and there will be a 1969 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum produced in a slightly darker colour, like this:-

A%20purple%20Charger_zps9et6draz.jpg

Jules

Hahaha... Nice one Michael. Didn't notice the blue face on my phone. I had to ask though because although that notch back looks digital recolour Jules many moons ago showed us a pre-production image in the most amazing metallic purple. It was about the same time that he discovered whatever range of colours the cherry metallic Charger came from.

Ahhhh..... You know the way to my heart Jules. But then, you always did.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I'm in for one of these cars, Jules.... now you've really confused my ability to choose.... love that purple pony - not so sure 'bout the "red-head" driver, though....

Well, if they can call a red-head "bluey" - I can call a blue face "red-head"....

Thanks for acknowledging the Pioneer site... I do appreciate that websites - or just about anything domain related - is a nightmare in itself...

Just keep those pix flowing in please, Jules - I'm certain you'll get lots of us from within here to take advantage of your work and procure a number of these delectable delights...

frats,

Rosco

Chuckle been running Pioneer cars on and off since they started and at the moment own 2 Camaro's, 2 Chargers, 2 Mustangs with a new Camero on order and they are great cars, enormous fun to drive and as I like tuning mine up, a great base to start with , Jules you produce a might fine set of cars need another Mustang though. I will get pictures posted of the 6 as soon as possible. :)

18.%20Pioneer%20Mustang%20Slot%20it%2025%20K%20Motor._zpsyjoxl6m4.jpg

60.%20Pioneer%20Mustang%20NSR%2025K%20Motor_zpsbo6kuvf9.jpg

24.%20Pioneer%20Dodge%20Charger%20NSR%2029K%20Motor_zpsnrd20fkq.jpg

2.%20Pioneer%20Dodge%20Charger%20NSR%2029K%20Motor_zps8ijafr86.jpg

8.%20Pioneer%20Camero%2025%20K%20NSR%20Motor_zps2alakfyi.jpg

5.Pioneer%20Camero%20NSR%2025K%20Motor_zpsaeqhrutf.jpg

Geez Rosco01 what the hell have you started here, it now has a mind of its own.

Very inciteful though.

Dangermouse, the red/white #44 car is a real racer. The #45 black/white is a 'fantasy' partner.

P033%20under%20cover_zpsiiz5bcaa.jpg

You are not alone wondering which you prefer. All through pre-production, no one could decide which was the better looking. Still can't. If I absolutely had to choose, I'd go black but..........you can't beat a red Camaro. Really tricky. Interesting to note that the last three 'Fantasy' cars we have produced have outsold 'real' cars by a good margin.

Mopar, if I just don't have the time to paint an early Javelin moulding I will send it to you. I reckon the Jim Richards #2 car should keep you busy.

Jim%20Richards%20adj_zpsnqg6bvtw.jpg

Rosco, I will post up some more stuff soon enough.

Bye for now.

Jules

Peter, your images have just showed up.

Is this a 'spot where the driver is from' parade?

I'll try Carrera on the white Fastback.

Pioneer on the white Notchback

Scalextric on the blue Charger

MRRC on the red charger

Scalextic Rally Car/MGB on the black Camaro

I can't work out the orange Camaro. Is that a fire helmet or deep sea diver?

Jules

I think the #33 Camaro dude is wearing a welding mask.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Not far out Jules black Camero isn't scaley out of the odd box and the orange Camero is temporary awaiting head to fit on a body for it they have all been lowered and I could not use your excellent cabin no room, so intend to use some of Embers great heads so you could see Innes Ireland and Graham hill in Camero,s and Jim Clark in the blue charger for starters chuckle. :rolleyes:

I think I recognise the bloke driving the orange #23 Camaro. Damn ugly but a bloody good driver. I've seen him driving a 68 Pontiac GTO Judge kit bash.

hope you are not referring to me as I have the same driver in my 68 ponty gto kit bash :D

Holdens rule the rest just drool

slot cars are my drug,

ATCC/Bathurst proxy host

NZ Grp5 proxy host.

Mopar, if I just don't have the time to paint an early Javelin moulding I will send it to you. I reckon the Jim Richards #2 car should keep you busy.

Jim%20Richards%20adj_zpsnqg6bvtw.jpg

Bye for now.

Jules

That's tempting , Jules , Though I wouldn't even attempt that scheme , few fantasy schemes come to mind though.

If your doing new Mustangs , how about a an Aussie pete geoghan version http://www.shannons....r/#.VPFO0OHaopQ

Any thoughts on doing the Minilite type wheel ??? or is there a minilite wheel that suits pioneer cars.

That #44 should come with a rating, very kind on the eye. I just ordered one, love at first sight, convincing my mate to get #45 as a running mate.

Regarding the ongoing use of these cars the early ones are best fitted with aftermarket rear wheels and spur gear. My mustang track cars have been through a good amount of glue and still run well after a lot of abuse from kids and newbs. We run a pair of chargers every week, sometimes just those for hours and they are fast, taily, predictable and strong. The newest if the three chargers is 18 months old, and it would have over 100 hours use. She just had her third set if rear tyres fitted. Of my many pioneer cars I've had one motor die, one wheel break and quite a few spur gears and wheels come loose. My friend lost a motor in his '68 fast back last week, she still runs but not so strong anymore.

Pioneer's supplying of spares means i am yet to purchase any consumables, whilst they get through braid and tyres over time you get these parts with each purchase.

Hey Jules, love your work!

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

mopar, looks like a Minilite style wheel will be common to the Javelin and the Cuda:-

Javvy3_zpsb5aea7b9.jpg

mystery.jpg

The Georghegan Mustang has been sitting in my 'pending' tray for some time. Needs Minilight wheels, of course.

manimal, good to hear from you. Been years, I reckon. Nice to hear your ageing Pioneer selection is still serving you well.

Thanks for choosing the new red #44 Camaro. We'll be getting those finished off over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Jules

I just found this on another forum - scroll down to post 6 - http://slotcarillust...ad.php?p=852909

just wondering what axle set I bought as the centre ridge is about 3.3 - 3.4mm wide.

I'm thinking or hoping the 2012 onwards figure is a typo and should read 3.39mm. Can someone enlighten me please?

Edited by Wobble
bram1_zpsfkhrhndv.jpg